• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crazy bump pics 22 weeks

Talia12

Reaction score
Hi ladies. This is just a thread for girls who (like me) aren't showing till really late (even with a second baby!). Just thought it might be helpful to show you a few pics where you can see the difference between my "real" bump, my sucked-in belly, and my totally-let-it-all-flop-out belly. And if it's helpful to remember that most of us totally-let-it-all-flop-out, so when you see women at your stage with what seem like huge bumps, remember it's not all purely baby! As the vast majority of us start pregnancy with a little fat on our bellies (unless we're Sarah Stage or Cheryl Cole)...

Can't post pics together in one post so here comes the spam.

This pic is me today, 22 weeks, holding my belly in.

Attachments

• IMG_1472.jpg
    IMG_1472.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 39
This is me lying on my back with my true bump showing. (Which disappears when I stand up, fwiw!)

Attachments

• IMG_1473.jpg
    IMG_1473.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 24
And this is me standing totally relaxed, letting my belly hang out! It looks as if about 10 weeks have passed between the first picture and this one, haha. It was actually 20 seconds.

(Sorry they all bloody came out the wrong way up)

Attachments

• IMG_1474.jpg
    IMG_1474.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 23
I'm currently 15wks 4 days with baby number 3. Have no bump at all yet, even lying down. I'm not really expecting it any time soon though. This was me at 31 weeks with dd2 (she was born 7lb 15oz at 41+3)

https://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k567/StaceyKor/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1505211915628.jpg

This is today...i'm guessing i will get a proper bump earlier than with dd2 but will have to wait and see xx

https://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k567/StaceyKor/20170912_134028.jpg

This was me at 34 weeks I gave birth two weeks later... I'm 18 weeks now and don't have a bump yet and this is my third pregnancy :)

Attachments

• IMG_1887.jpg
    IMG_1887.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 52
You both look amazing! It's nice that I'm not the only one with a little bump. I was like this with my son too but my bump absolutely exploded in size at some point (I can't remember when!! I think it was around 25 weeks? But not sure) and by the end I was humongous. But I really thought it would happen sooner this time. It's kind of frustrating, because either people don't know I'm pregnant at all, or they do and they make comments about how small I am. I know I had a retroverted uterus before pregnancy and I'm pretty convinced it's not properly tipped forward, I have a growth scan tomorrow (for a different reason, unrelated to my lack of bump) and plan to ask the doctor about that.

I also have a retroverted uterus so I do think that contributes to showing later. I grew LOADS from 32ish weeks until due date both previous pregnancies. I was pretty big by the time I went into labour. Xx

Yeah I think that must be it too, because according to my last scan my uterus is the normal size, so it must just be that it's still tipped a bit back inside me, otherwise where the hell is it...haha. However you still look really good generally whereas I have put on loads of weight all over including belly (and face and arms and hips and thighs..!) it's just that only like 10% of my relaxed belly is actual bump! What can you do eh. As long as baby is ok, and I'll find out at my growth scan tomorrow if baby's size is still on track hopefully <3
I just thought a thread for women who have tiny or no bumps would be useful because mostly on here you see women with normal sized or big bumps especially for second/third time mums etc and it can get you down a bit! At least me personally haha.

How do you know if you have a retroverted uterus?

How do you know if you have a retroverted uterus?

I was told at early scans, because I had to have transvaginal scans and they were uncomfortable as hell due to the tech having to angle the probe way back. If you never have early scans though, you probably don't find out!
Although it can also be spotted at cervical smears if it's quite pronounced.

I have had laparoscopys in the past and they told me then. Also had scans dome before this pregnancy where i was told it's still retroverted. It definitely gets to me when people keep going on about how I don't look pregnant etc but as long as baby grows well that's all that matters xx

This is me with baby #4 at 19 weeks. I think there was a time with my first or second I wished I showed more, but now, I have to say it is SO nice being able to get back into my normal jeans sooner - and stay in them longer. It is also nice not having to deal with loads of extra skin post-birth.
Oh, and like many of you ladies, my uterus is retro. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20170915_104549.jpg
    IMG_20170915_104549.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 27
Ahh, cute! I'd say definitely a retroverted uterus thing then.
I did end up HUGE with my son but it didn't happen till late, I'm starting to feel like this bump will never happen! But even though I ended up really massive with him, I was able to get back to a pretty tiny size and flat stomach about a year after he was born so maybe not showing till late helped.

Ahh, cute! I'd say definitely a retroverted uterus thing then.
I did end up HUGE with my son but it didn't happen till late, I'm starting to feel like this bump will never happen! But even though I ended up really massive with him, I was able to get back to a pretty tiny size and flat stomach about a year after he was born so maybe not showing till late helped.

Yep! It definitely has its perks. I've been back in my normal jeans within weeks to a couple of months. One thing that is not cool about a retro uterus is the fact that it's already resting more on your bladder. Then you add baby...:)

Regardless, I call my pregnancy body experience, "The Thickening"...since I don't look pregnant. I just look thicker. ;)

So far I'm the same, I just look thicker too! I really don't know if being small till late contributed to being able to get skinny again after my son though, because I did end up exploding in size. Who knows this time round. But I don't hold my belly in now, if I'm gonna be pregnant and - as you say - have all this weight on my bladder and stuff, then the world is bloody well gonna know I'm pregnant! Haha. I just need people not to look too closely when I sit or bend down. My "bump" suddenly reveals itself to be mostly podge haha. I'm like Beyoncé at that interview :haha:

All lovely bumps ladies! :)

I do have to say, because interesting about the retroverted uterus convo, but I'm definitely an opposite to that theory - I've got an extremely retroverted uterus and have had an obvious bump with both pregnancies. It would definitely otherwise make sense tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->