Crazy emotions

the.lion

Reaction score
This is just me kinda venting and hoping other people can tell me that everything will be okay. lol
This is my first pregnancy.... kinda planned and kinda not planned. My husband and I basically said lets try and see what happens and well, it happened!
It must be the hormones running around in my body because I feel up and down all the time. One moment I get these happy feelings about having a baby and I'm really excited-- the way I felt when I wanted to get pregnant, before we tried. And then other moments, I'm scared to death and worry about a million things like if I'm going to be a good mom, how life is going to change, etc, etc.
Someone tell me this is normal please.
I feel awful for the fact that sometimes I am not sure I can do this... even though this is what I wanted/want.
I guess I just feel like an emotional mess. I didnt really feel this way during the first trimester, but all through out this second trimester I've been up and down. My mother thinks is a combo of the hormones, some of my heath problems that Ive been facing (I have ulcerative colitis), and am recently starting to feel braxton hicks contractions. I just feel so emotionally unstable... which is totally not like me!

I'm sorry no one has responded on this. My electricity went out while I was reading it and I forgot where I was on the forums when I got up in the morning, I just found this tab tucked away in a forgotten window.

You are definitely not crazy and shouldn't feel bad for your fears. We all have moments where we panic and think we can't do it. My husband and I had been trying for over 4 years to get pregnant, and I still think once in a while that we aren't ready to be parents and feel afraid that we had grown too accustomed to our lives without children. It isn't as bad now though as it used to be. I think each week gets a little bit easier. :hugs: Hang in there, you can do it!

And it most definitely is the hormones' fault!

I know where you're coming from! I'm so tearful these days it's not even funny - this morning hubby had to leave for work early and I burst into tears because I didn't have time to prepare his breakfast. I think his patience is wearing thin with me!

Anyways, no matter how bad things feel now, always remember that it's just your hormones and not a reflection on whatever else is happening (unless you have major stress at the moment). It will pass!

Good luck!

Yup, I think that's completely normal! I worry about these things too. You will be a great mum, don't worry. I think our hormones mess us up a bit! Plus having a baby is life-changing, no matter how much you want it. I haven't quite got around the idea that once baby arrives it is for ever!

Yup I'm feeling exactly the same but I'm sure all these worries will melt away when I see my baby for the first time :D x

yep completely normal, this is my 6th child but still feel overwhelmed. I'm in a constant up and down, crying at drop of a hat, things i can usually deal with i can't now. I dumped my ex husband beause he cheated and had a baby with another woman and now i find myself cryingover him and missing him, which is stupid cause i know he's no good for us at all. I have to move house too and the feeling of that is just too, too much and i feel panicked all the time.

It so annoying as i'm usually so good athandling things but i just feel a wreck. I feel depressed at times then think what an awful mum i am being so down and feel guilty bringing another child in the world when i feel so down about life...i know its a phase but i justwish it would wear off!

Chin up hun it is hormones but it is so hard dealing with them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"