Crib question..

L

Laura--x

So my cribs all set up with the bedding in and everything. Got a bumper up the top, then i sat here thinking that the baby has to be put with her feet at the bottom of the crib.

is it best for me to put the bumper at the bottom? Surely otherwise her feet will just go straight through the bars? Or should i buy another bumper and have one at the top and one at the bottom? It's quite big.. at first she proberly won't even come half way up the crib..

x

Hmmm.... not sure. I'm thinking that our bumper will go all the way around our crib, haven't got any of them yet though..... Maybe just put her backwards until you buy one to put at the foot of the crib?

xx

hey hunny, my step mum when she had my little sister last year she had her bumper at the bottom and around the sides as to stop babys feet going through the bars... hope this helps xxx

I would start by putting it at the bottom hun, considering her feet will be down there. This is what we were going to do then we found out today that it won't fit the cotbed, as it has solid ends there is no way to fit it in to the corners and with the base at the highest the cots too shallow so we are going to take it back to the shop, Im gutted, take care :hugs: XX

I would just put it at the bottom until it can go at the top!

i had it at the top, when they're newborn they dont move that much to get their legs stuck thru!! we didnt have a problem til about 4 months, but by this point she'd outgrown it anyway!!

When LO goes into the cot (we are using a moses basket at first) we will just put him up at the top as normal and use one of those grobag things as a blanket/duvet so won't need to put him at the bottom of the cot as he won't be able to slip down under the covers as he will be snug in his grobag x

i have never done the feet to foot thing with any of mine,and i am not about to start now!

Tbh i think a good % of all this 'advice' just serves to scare new parents,i have successfully raised 5 healthy children without doing x,y,z that they suggest,so for me i will keep doing it the way i have done it in the past!!:baby:

Bumpers arnt meant to be used under 12 months ....if u use it put it at bottom

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->