Cruelty free make up

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by coccyx, Mar 25, 2010.

1. coccyx

coccyx Well-Known Member

:wacko:Ladies. Can any one recommend a reasonably priced mascara. Must be ' not tested on animals'. Its for a teenager. I am hopeless as I do not wear makeup! Thanks

2. Love Bunny

Love Bunny Guest

3. candeur

candeur Well-Known Member

Might be worth trying the body shop? They don't test their products on animalsx

4. marley2580

marley2580 Well-Known Member

The body shop are owned by Loreal who do test on animals. In fact have a look here https://www.gocrueltyfree.org/ it tells you who does and doesn't test on animals - and https://www.uncaged.co.uk/crueltyfree.htm are even more in depth. It depends how far you want to take it as a lot of places produce cruelty free make up but are owned by companies that do test on animals.

5. Shireena__x

Shireena__x In My Own Little World

w2ow even argos is up there!

6. Nic1107

Nic1107 Mommy to a toddler

If you can find E.L.F. cosmetics, it is as cheap as make-up gets- I paid one dollar for a double tube of mascara (waterproof on one side, regular on the other) and it works beautifully. They do not test on animals, and the only animal product they ever use in their cosmetics is beeswax. They're actually endorsed by PETA, so they're definitely considered animal-friendly!

7. JennTheMomma

JennTheMomma Mommy of 1 & Expecting #2

I use Organic Wear.

8. candeur

candeur Well-Known Member

oh wow didn't realise that about the body shop! i always assumed they didn't because of all the campaigns they do. my bad!

9. Love Bunny

Love Bunny Guest

Yeahhh boycott the nasty bodyshop !! I can't believe she sold it to loreal stupid stupid woman!!!!

10. coccyx

coccyx Well-Known Member

As usual BNB ladies have the answers. Thankyou. Will check out those websites, may even find something for me!
    I knew L'oreal were a no no, but did not realise they owned The Bodyshop.

11. Minstermind

Minstermind Well-Known Member

I've heard before that the only reason they have makeup now that's ''not tested on animals'' is because they already did the testing and research for it in the past so they don't need to anymore. I'm not sure there's any *new* makeup out there that's never been tested on animals (though I could be wrong). I lean towards most makeup formulas existing off the backs of previous animal research unfortunately. BUT, it IS still good that they're not testing *anymore* for those particular makeup products.