• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"Crunchy" wrists and ankles?

A

AppleBlossom

That's all I can describe it as! When I'm holding Grace's hand, if she turns suddenly or something I can feel a crunching in her wrists, as if her bones are grinding together. The same with her ankles when I'm getting her dressed. Should I be worried about it? It doesn't seem to bother her but surely it's not normal?

call the Pediatricition to be safe. She could have bumped her arm unknowingly..:hugs:

Evie is the same. She has clicky joints but they don't bother her. It might have worried me but my joints have always been the same so I don't think anything of it. A trip to the docs can't hurt if it's worrying you, or perhaps just mention it next time you're there.

Lx

I find this in my daughter sometimes but its sometimes when we pick her up her back crunches but it never seems to bother her:shrug:My OH said to mention it to the doctor next time we are up there:winkwink:

I've not dug that many infant skeletons, thankfully, but from what I remember being taught about human osteology in the course of my rather grim profession, the little bones of the wrists and ankles still haven't fully changed from cartilage to bone by your daughter's age, so it stands to reason they're going to feel crunchy if you squeeze them.

I've not dug that many infant skeletons, thankfully, but from what I remember being taught about human osteology in the course of my rather grim profession, the little bones of the wrists and ankles still haven't fully changed from cartilage to bone by your daughter's age, so it stands to reason they're going to feel crunchy if you squeeze them.

I'm intrigued, what do you do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"