Currently CD 3 and looking for a buddy!

CD17 and I'm still waiting on O. Geritol has not made me O early, however I was sick a lot of the first almost two weeks of this cycle, so that has probably put me behind schedule.

My temp has been very "flat" this cycle. It's been hovering right at 97.8 most days, even though we've used the heat a little for the first time this year last week. It seems borderline high for pre-O, but not too bad. Just doesn't feel like anything is going on. My cervix doesn't even seem like its doing anything, and CM has been mostly non-existent.

Sorry to hear that things have been moving slowly for you this month. Do you use OPKs or have you ever used them?

Hey guys, finally got my Internet up and working again yesterday. I O'd this month on either CD14 or 15, on my way home from work on CD14 I felt O like cramping so I took an OPK when I got home and it had a surge on it. Then before bed I took another and it was positive, so we BD right away. OPKs were still + CD15, then CD16 negative. Hoping we caught that eggy!

CD17 and I'm still waiting on O. Geritol has not made me O early, however I was sick a lot of the first almost two weeks of this cycle, so that has probably put me behind schedule.

My temp has been very "flat" this cycle. It's been hovering right at 97.8 most days, even though we've used the heat a little for the first time this year last week. It seems borderline high for pre-O, but not too bad. Just doesn't feel like anything is going on. My cervix doesn't even seem like its doing anything, and CM has been mostly non-existent.

Sorry to hear that things have been moving slowly for you this month. Do you use OPKs or have you ever used them?
I tried a few last cycle and it seemed like they were always "almost positive" so it didn't help me any. I decided not to spend money on them since I thought comparing the darkness of lines was confusing and un-helpful.
Usually, I'm regular and my charts are pretty clear.

I expect I'm just late from being sick. Funny though, I had CM last month when I was taking decongestants, and now I'm taking cough medicine like is supposed to help CM and I've got so very little going on! I guess my body just isn't ready to O yet is all.

I was not happy about expecting to O on Saturday because of OH's work schedule, but I got some BD Friday and crossed my fingers .....and didn't O! LoL guess that means I will get more chances and we're off work Tue and Wed!!

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been MIA. My CBEFM started showing high fertility yesterday so DH and I will be doing the BD for the next few days. Hoping that second time's a charm! Glad to still be on our TTC journey with all of you again! Lots of :dust: to all!

Good luck to you both! Oneknight, I know what you mean about work schedules...I work third shift so it's basically impossible to time things right each month!

Well I've got a mild yeastie going on, probably from the antibiotics I had a couple weeks ago, though, I thought I had escaped since it took a while to show up, but oh well. Just had to get some lovely cream for it. Meh.

I've decided to give up smoking for good for the sake of TTC. I've got one left for before bed, and I'm done. Nicotine blocks the production of estridol, that builds up CM and such -- which I seem to be lacking. And it could be the cause of my cysts, since I don't seem to have PCOS. I like Moroccan Mint tea, with spearmint, which is supposed to help reduce androgens and increase estrogens, so I may try that next cycle since I'm almost done with that part of this cycle.
Still working the Geritol for this cycle though, ya never know I might get lucky!

Well I've got a mild yeastie going on, probably from the antibiotics I had a couple weeks ago, though, I thought I had escaped since it took a while to show up, but oh well. Just had to get some lovely cream for it. Meh.

I've decided to give up smoking for good for the sake of TTC. I've got one left for before bed, and I'm done. Nicotine blocks the production of estridol, that builds up CM and such -- which I seem to be lacking. And it could be the cause of my cysts, since I don't seem to have PCOS. I like Moroccan Mint tea, with spearmint, which is supposed to help reduce androgens and increase estrogens, so I may try that next cycle since I'm almost done with that part of this cycle.
Still working the Geritol for this cycle though, ya never know I might get lucky!

I think that is a great idea, good for you! You'd have to give it up once you got a BFP anyways so better to start now and get it over with!!

I dropped my BBT and broke it this morning :( guess that's one downside of hardwood floor in the bedroom.

I dropped my BBT and broke it this morning :( guess that's one downside of hardwood floor in the bedroom.

Oh no! How much do those typically cost?
New digi ones are $5-10. This was an old mercury one that used to be my mom's so I can't get another one like it.
You know how they have protective plastic cases for the glass thermometers? I picked it up and the top snapped off in my hand and the rest of the case, including thermometer, crashed.

I got a digi for in the morning, it was $8ish

Oh, that's not bad. For some reason I thought you had to get like a $50 super accurate thermometer or something.

Oh, that's not bad. For some reason I thought you had to get like a $50 super accurate thermometer or something.
No they are at Walmart, or whereever, just get one that says BBT or "clinical accuracy +/-0.1 degree" some of the soft tip kid ones or instant read ones are usually less accurate. Also BBT specific thermometers usually read to 1/100th degree (two decimal places) instead of just a 1/10th.

Do you take your temperature vaginally or orally?

I really want to start temping, but I work third shift two nights a week. If I slept during the day those two days, do you think I could temp when I woke up or would it not work because it wouldnt be the same time of the day for all the temps?

Use Fertility Friend to chart and just enter the time taken with the temps. FF software is pretty darn good at interpreting information and disregarding outlying temps. If its only 2 days a week, unless those days fell right on or immediately after O, it probably wouldn't hurt much at all. For those days near O keep using the OKPs and charting CM and cervical position and even if your temps are a little off, FF can use all data

My first temp on my new thermometer???
97.85!
Haha 50% of my temperatures this cycle have been 97.8.

Now my shifts schedule has calmed down a bit over last month. Some nights I get off at 10 or 11pm and two nights I get off at 1am, but that's not bad. I take my temp every morning at 9am regardless, (and that is my default on FF) sometimes I go back to sleep, but that's how I take my temps at the same time every morning. And on the occasion that I have morning shift and get up at 7, I just tell FF that temp was from 7am. It really is close enough to jive with my other temps

Oh and I do take it vaginally. Personal preference. Also no affected by mouth breathing.

Do you have to stay in bed when you temp vaginally? Or can you walk to the bathroom? Sometimes our son sleeps with us lol so I'd rather do it in the bathroom

To take your BBT you're supposed to do it while still in bed, without moving around too much. So you aren't supposed to get up. That's the official story.

However - and this is my own observation - getting up and slowly going to the bathroom and immediately temping doesn't affect your temperature fast enough to show up on the thermometer. (Your internal temp may *start* to rise, but its a slow change and your taking your temp immediately). If you wanted to do it that way, just do it consistently the same every morning.

If I don't get my BFP this month I'm definitely going to try temping! When do you suggest I start, right after AF ends?

If I don't get my BFP this month I'm definitely going to try temping! When do you suggest I start, right after AF ends?

Yeah, that's what I do.

Well, first 48 hours without smoking, I cheated once and bummed ONE from a friend, but otherwise not too bad, really.

I woke up this morning an hour before 9, I swear I heard my alarm so I took my temp and then realized it was only 8.
I should have kept that temp - it was probably more accurare.
But I tossed around half asleep and due to my sleep induced poor judgement I re-temped at 9 and my temp was up to 98.10.
I am not convinced that this was my temp shift though. I feel like I'm gonna have a long cycle or anov, coz of being at CD20 and I don't think I have O'd yet, unless my temp stays up tomorrow.

IF per chance I did O yesterday, I will not be happy. We took 3 days off from BD while I was treating the yeastie. I got some RepHresh to help get my ho-ha back on track and put it in last night (it is a gel to restore vaginal pH) and told OH I should be up for action again tomorrow. Hope we haven't missed it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->