Currently Reading??

Finished the Forest Laird and now reading The Secret Life of Bees which so far is really good.

Interrupted The Tiger to read The Hunger Games, as it gets mentioned on here so often. That was damn good science fiction writing!!! Very pleasantly surprised by quality of writing, great plot, and a feisty, kickass heroine.

Finished Secret Life Of Bees and Life of Pi so now reading The Kite Runner and listening to Footprints of God by Greg Isle. Both are really good so far.

Arrrrgggghhhhh!
I am DYING to read the rest of the Hunger Games trilogy and I am 367th on the holds list at the library!
Found them on tape, but the reader is absolutely dreadful. I am really surprised that Scholastic didn't hire a good actor with a voice that actually sounds like the heroine's (ie a 17-year old girl). I feel like I am being read to by my teacher in gr.9. It's an older woman's voice and it's really dry. I'm used to much better quality readers with most books on tape. :nope: Oh well. It sort of helps my need to read! :)

I really enjoyed The Hunger Games. How about seeing if anyone local could borrow you a copy?

Wasted by Marya Hornbacher (actually read it several years ago, rereading)

Finished Kite Runner which I loved! Now reading The Pilot's Wife. Not sure about this one so far.

Currently listening to audio book Change of Heart - Jodi Picot.

Finally finished The Tiger (fantastic non-fiction, review on my book thread) and decided to pick up Ragnarok by AS Byatt. I have enjoyed several of her novels in the past, so I hope this one is as good.
And should have the 2nd and 3rd book in the Hunger Games trilogy in my hot little hands tomorrow, so Feb shouldn't be a total dearth of reading! I love good non-fic, but it sure takes me a lot longer to get through them. I find I have to pause and let stuff sink in for awhile, whereas with fiction I just burn through it.

I'm currently reading Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare (the first book in the infernal devices series). I'm enjoying it but not as much as I did the Mortal Instruments series.

Just finished The Hunger Games and The Pilot's Wife. Hunger Games I really enjoyed but The Pilot's Wife I just didn't see what all the hype was about, I found it really predictable. I am now listening to The Glass Castle which is a memoir by Jeannette Walls and reading The Sea Captain's Wife by Beth Powning which is really good so far.

I'm reading "The End of Illness" by David Agus. Its fantastic! He's an oncologist who thinks the healthcare industry is going in the wrong direction. I work for a pharmaceutical company and a lot of his claims make perfect sense. If you have an interest in health, you should check this book out.

I'm reading "The End of Illness" by David Agus. Its fantastic! He's an oncologist who thinks the healthcare industry is going in the wrong direction. I work for a pharmaceutical company and a lot of his claims make perfect sense. If you have an interest in health, you should check this book out.

I'm very curious now! Does he emphasize prevention rather than treatment? It will realistically be a few months before I can tackle that book, as my To Read pile is threatening to bury me alive, but I am curious as to his general message...?

I tried valiantly to get past the first chapter of A.S. Byatt's Ragnarok, but I am just not in the headspace for that one.
So I picked up Lisa See's Shanghai Girls instead. Tremendous read. Loved it as much as Snowflower and the Secret Fan and cannot wait to start the sequel tonight.
I gave a more thorough review in my reading thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->