curvy girls.....(plus size)

Sparklebaby

Mummy to Jenny
Reaction score
:flower:
hey curvy ladies. :) I know the plus size bump thread has gone down a storm. :happydance: thanks to whoever started that one :winkwink::flower::thumbup:

Me being a plus size girl I was wondering if this makes a difference to what or how much you feel of your LO.

How much do you feel??? maybe we could keep a track on it?

I was a size 18 - 20/22 pre pregnancy depending on where i bought stuff and for a good few weeks I have felt my Lil girl on the inside....mainly when I have my maternity skrt on and the waist band pushes in just above the lady garden.
Im coming up to 24 weeks and It bothers me that I cant feel beany on the outside.
I see threads for girls that are less weeks than me that feel it outside or even see it....am i just being too impatient? :shrug:

Does it make a difference how much additional padding you have shall we say :winkwink:
Im pretty sure that when I have a bit of wind whipping through my gut i can feel that but not my baby :cry:

maybe I should just sit.......:coffee: wait.......:shrug: and hope for the best :winkwink:

hi hun, im not pregnant but was lol i was size 18 before pg and i felt the baby move at around 19 weeks and saw her move at around 25-26 weeks hun.

sorry if thats no help lol

xxx

I'm like a size 24 top and 22 bottom and I've felt bean since 16 weeks, can feel him on the outside and see my tummy jump! This is completely different to my 1st pregnancy tho where I couldn't feel her till like 27 weeks on the outside!

im a 22 all over.
With my first pregnancy i felt the flutters around 16weeks and felt big kicks i guess about 20+ but only the big ones, little ones i couldnt feel.

I guess alot of it was to do with the vast amount of padding i have in the area but there wasnt much i could do about it whilst pregnant!

I'd be interested to keep track on it this time though, but ive got a little way to go before i feel anything!

I was a 'generous' size 16 before bfp and have put on about a stone since.

I have been worrying that I do not really feel bubs, some days I will feel a little prod or tickle but not much. There is no regularity to it.

I am sure it is because bubs has more to kick through!

Im size 16 on the bottom and I have been feeling some little movements but not a great deal. Its been a very odd flutter here and there. Midwife said I should expect to be feeling bub more over the next 2 weeks. Im being a bit impatient just now as Im desperate for my DD to be able to feel the kicks. Cant wait until she can, think it will be great bonding for us all.

No i dont think because were bigger we dont see movement on onside till later, or feel good movement. With amber i was size 10-12 prepreg, i never really felt amber till 24-26wks, more 28wks when i seen ALOT of outside movement.
You got to remember when pregnant with your first regardless of your size your uterus walls are very strong, which can stop feeling define movement.

I feel movement daily, sometimes up to 6 times all depend on the baby, i feel alot still pretty low, which im not aware is probably her hands not her feet, i get kicks to left side and to top of my belly. I can also feel hiccups every other day in my bum.

Do you know if your placenta is anterior? My mw said because my placenta is at the front it'll be much harder to feel kicks both inside and out. It will happen, it'll just be later. Nothing was mentioned about size being a factor though (I'm UK size 16)

No i dont think because were bigger we dont see movement on onside till later, or feel good movement. With amber i was size 10-12 prepreg, i never really felt amber till 24-26wks, more 28wks when i seen ALOT of outside movement.
You got to remember when pregnant with your first regardless of your size your uterus walls are very strong, which can stop feeling define movement.

I feel movement daily, sometimes up to 6 times all depend on the baby, i feel alot still pretty low, which im not aware is probably her hands not her feet, i get kicks to left side and to top of my belly. I can also feel hiccups every other day in my bum.

:thumbup: thanks babes....u always come up with the goods on how im feeling and give a good explanation on reasons why....not that the other responses arent good thank u ladies :flower::hugs:
I guess I just need to be a lil more patient :coffee::sleep: I know how u feel re low down, thats where mine always is usually and lol to the hiccups in the bum.....what a strange feeling that is :rofl: :wacko: but cute too.....hehehe:cloud9:

i was 24 weeks when i fit felt my little girl hun,and im a 14/16 :)
dont worry my friend is 27 weeks and she still hasnt felt her, but if ucan still feel her from the inside then dnt worry :) xx

hey lovely :)

im a size 22/24 and i was when i had Riley too. I felt him on the inside from about 16 weeks on the inside, but didnt feel or see him moving on the outside till about 27/28 weeks so dont worry hun!!
i've felt this little one on the inside but dont expect to feel this one on the outside till about 27 weeks either! :)

xx

:thumbup: thanks babes....u always come up with the goods on how im feeling and give a good explanation on reasons why....not that the other responses arent good thank u ladies :flower::hugs:
I guess I just need to be a lil more patient :coffee::sleep: I know how u feel re low down, thats where mine always is usually and lol to the hiccups in the bum.....what a strange feeling that is :rofl: :wacko: but cute too.....hehehe:cloud9:

aww thanks :) do feel like lil kicks or stroke down really low?
trust me it will happen for you, :hugs: wont be much longer.

yeah hiccups in bum is very strange feeling, i never felt it in that place with amber as placenta was at the back, but because its at front this time i feel alot in my bum, including her hands/elbow hitting something lol!
i actually seen biggest movement so far at around 26+3, so still fair bit on from when i noticed movement on outside for first time.

I am not plus size, but I wanted to add that I don't know how much size matters when it comes to feeling LO move. I didn't feel anything at all until around 22-23 weeks when I started feeling flutters and now I feel ALOT more and I can feel it from the outside. Alot of you ladies felt movement WAYYYYY before I did though LOL!

I'm a size 22 (and its my 1st) and I started feeling kicks just before 21 weeks. They've been getting much stronger the last couple of days and I can definatley feel them on the outside now if I press where the baby is kicking - I'm 24+5 now. Mine seems to move pretty much all day on and off but is still really low down - only a few kicks have been up towards my tummy button. I've got a posterior placenta so I assume that is making it easier for me to feel the movement as its not in the way.

I'm sure you're feel lots of kicking and wriggling soon. I don't think size makes a huge difference.

I'm a size 18 pre-preg... ive felt LO move since about 16 weeks, but only felt kicks these last couple of days and still cant feel anything from the outside, cant wait til i can! we'll get there eventually! :)

I'm a 16 and been feeling kicks with my hands for the past week. Hubby felt them for the 1st time the other day! Been getting the bum ones too, does it always mean hiccups? I just thot baba was in a different position!

i was a size 18/20 and didnt start feeling anything not even flutters till last week (22+3) was starting to get worried as had a small b bump. but i feel baby moving on the inside almost evey other day now and have caught out the coner of my eye the top of my b bump move very slightly but still felt like an inside movement.

its my first pregnancy so i knew it would take a bit longer to feel anything.

we're just all different and our babies are all dif. a friend of mine is also having her first and is due 5 days later than me and she started feeling movement and seeing hands n feet at 17 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->