Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

Hi girls,

Rach so sorry to hear about you scare. Glad they have scheduled another scan for you, am sure at that scan you will be able to see a lot more and baby will be just fine.
H what sort of doppler do you have? some arent as sensitive as other so dont give you, you will find it. Try and see if you can pick up your heartbeat first so you will definitely be able to tell baby's when you catch it.

Kanga, I had my first scan at 5 + 6 and there was no heartbeat, just a fetal pole and sac and they only measured me at 5 weeks dead on. I was very worried too. A week later I had another scan and had caught up to 6 + 6 so don't worry - the measurements are so so tiny at this stage its too easy for them to get it wrong. Fingers crossed for your next scan that everything will be fine. Just take it easy.

Ah HB, sorry its your EDD today hun, mine coming up in august so don't know what it feels like yet but I hope you're ok. Don't get too stressed about the doppler - from what I've read no one gets it first time. Am looking forward to hearing when you do hear the heartbeat which am sure will be soon. LOVE the babygros.

Really want to buy stuff but OH and I have decided to wait till 24 weeks as we're both still bit worried something could go wrong and don't want to tempt fate. Saw a friend last night - have only told 3 of my closest and she had bought me a pregnancy pampering pack which is exciting though and I am looking forward to using. She also announced shes preggers(unplanned) with her 3rd!!!! She's got a 3 and 1 yr old already and was already 8 weeks when she realised her period hadn't come!! Unimaginable to me not knowing my cycle!!!!! Was bit jealous of her relaxed demeanour but maybe I'll be like that with my third!!!!

Back to Holby xxxxxx

I got the next generation angel sounds doppler - I found my hb straight away - will try again with a full bladder.

Lucy - it's so nice to have someone close to you that is pg - there are 2 girls pg that I know - one is 3 weeks ahead - another just over a month behind. Maybe some of her chilledness will float your way :)

How you doing Dee?

Well - have also been told that my friends little girl has chicken pox - was at theirs a week ago when she would've been contagious before they knew she had it - I had CP when I was younger so should be ok but calling mw tomorrow just to be sure :( goddam pants week!! well they say things come in 3's - hopefully next week will be fab!

hx

hx

Queenie is it too sad to say that I was jealous reading your post. I am almost ashamed to admit I miss Holby. I hear there is a new police one so if it was that then I am not so bothered.

Kanga sorry to hear about your scare today that was tough I am sure everything is going to be just fine. I was put a week behind in terms of dates so ticker is only 8 weeks but I am sure I am a week ahead at the next scans for both of us I am sure they will be amended I think you are a bit further with what they saw on the scan. I was told that even at 6 weeks the heartbeat being there for a lot of women was slim so I was lucky.

thanks for all your support girls, much appreciated. feeling much better today, i just need to be thankful I'm actually pregnant,. only 16 days to next scan!

h, my friend has got shingles! she is staying off work tho so hopefully i wont catch. I googled it. If you had CP in childhood then it shouldnt be contagious to you in adulthood as you have immunity. you could get shingles but this isnt harmful to bubs. also shingles is only contagious if you touch their weeping spots. nice. gl with the doppler!

Morning all!

Oh Rach, what a complete pain in the ass to have a scare like that. I recall only too well the agonising wait for my 7 week scan. I remember presenting myself at my GP's at 3+6 weeks pregnant (the day after my bfp!). They point blank refused to refer me for a scan until 7 weeks which I am now thankful for as I could only imagine what was or wasn't there - if that makes sense.

Queenie & Goddess - I am the BIGGEST Holby fan! I also have a serious Casualty addiction. Goddess, I'm afraid last night was the real Holby - I don't think I've seen the Police programme. Can you watch it online?

We've decided on our nursery furniture, what do you think?

https://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-summerhouse-collection-demerara/smrg69505/type-i/

It's more than we wanted to spend as we'll need to get the cot top changer as well but I just can't find anythinh else I like as much.

Oh Goddess it was the real Holby - its my fave programme and best thing is OH plays football on a tuesday so I can watch undisturbed. How are you feeling now is the MS easing? MY queasiness totally left at 13 weeks - it was the worst at 12 weeks but I also had that bug so not sure it was just the MS.

Haven't heard from hotpinkangel for a while? Hope shes ok, let us know if you're reading hot pink.xx

Glad you're feeling bit better today Kanga - I woke up this morning thinking 16 days too!! Thats all I measure time in at the moment, how many days to scan.

Ladies I had such bad backache last night low down I couldn't sleep, has anyone bought one of those pillows? Wondering whether to get a long straight one or one of the curved ones, I need something as I think sleeping on my left side is giving me this back ache, usually sleep on my tum.

Got my NT results - screen negative but a worrying 1 in 440!!! I hope its to do with my age but the free beta was really high - 4.04 mom!!!! Can't find any info on this apart from molar pregnancies or multiples which I know I haven't got. Anyone know anything as to why it would be so high? Will talk to midwife when I see her. The nuchal fold was just 1.2mm.

Lolly I wish I could watch online but the BBC dont let you view anything on there website out with the UK... which is pants! We had a internet thing for awhile where you got all the UK channels on a stream but it was expensive and it wasn't that great.

Queenie glad the nuchal fold is so small I don't know anything about the free beta and what that means sorry.. I was about 1: 350 last time around and it was scary I am dreading it this time. I have my NT scan in about 4 weeks time ish... and some bloodwork at the same time. We also have blood work repeated about 20 weeks and then they give you the proper risk factor.. how old are you if you don't mind me asking. I am 36 now so I know my numbers will be in the similar category. Let us know what your midwife says about the beta.. I am sure its nothing to worry about.

Last time around I got one of those long pillows that I could bend in whatever way I wanted, I never got that big so i never really found it to be particularly helpful.

just testing to see if my ticker includes my journal link!

Lolly/goddess, how did you do yours?

Hey Ladies

Lucy - you are still low risk - my friend got 1:100 and was still fine - the nuchal fold was very small so this is really good - maybe - as you are getting extra scans maybe ask them to measure the bones - this can apparently give a good indication too.

Lauren - georgeous furniture :) good choice - at least it's in the sale!!

Rachel - don't go hugging her any time soon!!

Jo - you'll have to get your parents to record your fave shows on to dvd and send them over :)

AFM - got fitted for a maternity bra and turns out that I am a 38G!!! OMG!

hx

Rachel sorry to heat about your scare, glad that everything was ok. Not too long until your next scan. xx

Lucy/lauren/Jo i'm big holby fan too, though a little behind on the the sky+ at the moment. The police one is holby blue, think it got canceled as wasn't very good! Did he today that the guy who plays Joseph in holby has got a part in pirates of the carribean 4!

Lauren love the furniture, great choice x

Helen nice to see your getting all your nice new maternity clothes, clothe shopping is always good! x

Been thinking it over, and decided to wait for the consultant appoinment at end of August. Just think i'm just going to try and enjoy the summer hols, got 2 holidays booked and a training weekend with my horse, so just going to NTNP and try and just relax and enjoy the next 6 weeks and prepare myself for TTC again in September all refreshed. I'll still be stopping by and keeping up with everything going on in here xx

Lou that sounds like a good plan...and joseph in pirates 4 you can keep us up to date with all the gossip. yay... i think my parents recording anything onto dvd is a no no i will just have to wistfully remember... and live vicariously through you lot!!!

HB - I love that your a 38G I was a 36 when I gave birth last time and the bras are bloody expensive.. normally I wear 36 GG (yes thats right) and I remember asking my midwife what would happen if my boobs went off the bra scale at the end and funnily enough she never had any answers for that one. Bravissimo is great for maternity bras and nursing bras in the bigger sizes..

I've gone up to an apple!

Lolly, love the furniture, great choice x Do you get the baby changing thing that goes over the cot included too? I think they look like a vg idea

I've fallen out with one of my friends, can you tell me if I over-reacted and am actually in the wrong?

ON Tueday I left the office and then phoned her to come adn help me. I asked her to go up to my desk and get my laptop as I was all upset and crying. When I went to work the next day everyone was like, we didnt think you'd be coming in, we heard you had another mc!!!!!!

So basically she was making a scene at my desk, said something serious has happened and Rachel needs to leave. One of my coleagues said 'is it the same as last time' and she nodded!!!

I am so p'd off and have told her she needs to apologise to me adn it was not her business to share with people

am I being unreasonable?

Rachel - so sorry about your friend telling your work colleagues you'd m/c. It wasn't her place to tell people, I hope it hasn't made work difficult for you now. Does everyone now know you're pregnant too? I'm sure she'll apologise when she's had time to think it through. Try not to stress though, keep calm for the LO. xx

Lolly - absolutely love the furniture, its gorgeous. How exciting getting the nursery ready, I cant wait to start buying. 72 days till I'll start.

HB - 38G!!!!! What size are you normally? I've only gone from 34D to 36E - but the woman made me buy 38E as she said my ribs would expand. It was such a relief when I ditched my old bras though, even though was only 1 size up I was in agony. I had a spend on maternity clothes at weekend, just 2 pairs jeans from gap and 4 tops, - already bored of them though and think will need another spend this weekend!!

Am going up to Newcastle to see my dad this weekend, tell him the news, he'll be over the moon, he's been banging on about grandkids for years!!!

Goddess I'm 35 - so my chances of downs are already 1 in 315, so they improved slightly with the tests but I'm still worried about the high HCG - from what I've read it can be just that my body produces tons of hormone - when I miscarried it took ages to get a negative test and I remember my GP being shocked at the high level of HCG she started talking about molar pregnancies and all this so maybe I just do - or that I have an extra huge placenta and might produce a huge baby!!! Terrifying thought. Or that the bleeding I've had has caused my HCG to stay high. It is so high though, 4 times teh norm. Will see what docs say in 2 weeks, have consultnat and midwife in 2 weeks time, no doubt as usual they will say to me all is fine don't worry it doesn't mean anything!!

Have a bit of a dicky tum this morn, I've had it on and off through pregnancy, must remember to mention to m/w when I see her too, hopefully nothing serious just a pregnancy side effect, anyone else had this?

Anyone else got sore tummy muscles, when I laugh, sneeze etc I always feel like I've done a trillion sit ups, they're pretty stiff.

Lou, have a lovely summer of NTNP and make sure you keep up with us, want to be here for you when you start TTC again and when you get your BFP xxx

It's a sweet pea Kanga :) In work again ( boooooo!! ) so will catch up later :)

hx

Hi All

Rachel - No - she shouldn't have said anything to them - but don't be too hard on her - if she apologises then I would take that - she was prob just in a panic and sometimes people just don't think :hugs: I reckon on thinking about it she'll see why you were upset.

Lucy - I think the high hcg can make you feel quite sick -in my friend's case she was very sick - but all was fine - it was this high hcg that took her stats to high risk - am sure all is well :flower:

afm - back in work today - totally pooped!!

hx

Rachel I agree... she should not have said anything and just explain why she should not have done it and I am sure she will apologise.... i am sure she did think the worst and she just didnt know what to do. Hope you feel better soon and that your friendship is mended.

Hi girls... Sorry I've been missing, so much to catch up on!! I had another scare, some spotting last week, scan showed baby waving and kicking. Phew! This pregnancy stuff is scary! Still feeling sick, and v v tired. Have my 12 week scan next fri so hoping I'll relax a bit after. Hope you are all ok? Em xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->