Cyber Cycle Sisters !! xx

I saw that too - she was messed up with a capital M - oh was livid!
glad I'm not the only one with swollen feet - they aren't as bad as saturday but don't feel right yet - am so glad I'm off next week!!

hx

Can you get Labour & Delivery online? I love those types of programmes but we only have FreeSat so I don't have access to that many tv channels.

I've just posted my 23 week bump pic in my journal for anyone who wants a gander.

It's about time we all had some scan pics to look at - we're counting down to scans with you cyber sisters!

She'll be right over H & Key ;) She takes payment in tea & biscuits!

I saw Labour & delivery yesterday too. It was heartbreaking with the hiv Mum - she just abandoned her kid at the hospital. Her poor cousin kept picking up the pieces and adopting all the children, those children were so lucky to have her

I'm off to check out your bump Lolly!

Oops sorry girls!!! Having probs posting scan photos, I'm not v good at this!!! Looking forward to seeing some scan photos v soon!! I'm not watching any birth programmes ATM, sounds funny since I've given birth twice, but I'm still scared!!! Has anyone decided what type of birth they'd like or pain relief??? X

Hi girls, scan went well and baby is doing great and measured on track, EDD is 13 dec, am fine with that as long as it aint xmas day lol. I have included a pics for you, one with a foot in the air lol
H are you and ur OH going to do the classes for Hypnobirth? there was an arcticle in the Metro about it and I brought it home for DH to read. I love the sound of it also but I dont think I will go 100% drug free, may use gas and air.

Attachments

• DSC00475.jpg
    DSC00475.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1
Yes - we're looking around our area for a good one - investigating when I'm on my week off next week.

love the pic Dee :happydance:

hx

wow had a lot to catch up on there. I can't remember the last time I looked at B&B, am doing ok a bit paranoid but mainly fine.

I have such a sore tummy right now that I have had for days I don't think its anything to be concerned about and I think its basically gas pains as I am totally constipated and have not pooped for days... sorry guys! Its one of those tummys that you just want to curl up into a ball in bed however I have still been at work and doing stuff too. Had a busy weekend, Saturday swimming and barbecue at a friends house, Sunday went a hike to a place called Lighthouse Park google it its lovely and yesterday it was BC day so had the day off work and we went to Bowen Island which was super nice.

Back to work today I am covering for another coordinator right now who is on vacation and the workload is pretty high... I am covering for 2 coordinators next week so really not looking forward to doing the work of 3 people but my turn will come soon.

I have tried to find the babies heartbeat a couple of times this week with the doppler and I think for me its still a bit early but I am a bit scared too due to the obvious.. seeing the midwife on Friday so I hope that she looks for it and finds it.

Reading your stories I miss the NHS... in Canada if you are a resident you get provincial health care and you also pay into extended benefits... if you have an extended benefit plan then you get coverage for massages, chiropractors, optician, physio and tonnes of other stuff and you get help for prescriptions. The 4 week prescription I got for the diclectin for the nausea was $258 and I got part of it subsidised but yes I do miss the old NHS. The good part about here is you really don't have to wait long for tests and referrals.

Anyway still feeling sick and totally constipated... its 10.20pm so I really should put this away and go to bed now. It sounds like we are all having scans soon. I have one 2 weeks on Wed its my NT scan and I have convinced myself that there will be something that needs followed up... so far with me 2 mcs and threatened mc with Euan and ? downs with Euan I am fully expecting the same thing to happen.

Hope you all have a nice day tomorrow.

I never really looked in to hypnobirthing, I had 2 paracetamol for pain relief with jess', and gas and air and a waterbirth with Devon. Am hoping for another waterbirth this time. Dee, glad your scan went well, gorgeous photos!!! Did u not find out the sex?? Xx

Doesn't sound like you need it Em!!! It is just relaxation techniqies to aid the natural drug free birth - you can use a birthing pool etc etc which I plan to!!

hx

Ah right, feel a bit thick now!!! Love being in water though, with jess' I spent nearly all of my labour in water, was 7cm by the time I went to hospital!! (was crawling up the corridor though!!!) dee, 13th dec is my son's birthday!!! X

Do you think that the birthing pool helped avoid the need for pain killers Em?

Jo - sorry you're so chokka at the mo!!! you must take every moment you can to relax!!

hx

phewy, get those feet up when you can Jo!

Love your pic Dee, very clear!

Ive heard water births can really help ease the pain although my friend tore with her first (ouch) during a water birth, so I guess there are down sides too. I'm hoping to stay at home as long as possible and shower/bath to help ease the contractions. Its funny, you build yourself up that labour pains are actually going to kill you by being so painful! Hopefully it is bearable!

It may be a bit premature but I had a look on the maternity policy at work today and when I can start/how much I'll get etc, and it would appear that my best bet is to start maternity leave on 31 December!! I'll only be 6/7 months then so lots of pre-birth chilling for me it seems!

8 weeks tomorrow, can't believe it, hope all is well in there. I've cancelled the scan on Friday - may go next week or the one after

Ahhh Dee!!! Look at your baby, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! I'm saying BOY!!!!

Jo, glad you're ok, I think its totally normal not to hear anything on a doppler yet from posts I've read about it. People seem to hear through it regularly 15/16 weeks. I'm sure all is fine, not too long till your scan now. YOu're so busy it will prob fly.

HB do you go to classes for the hypnobirth? And do you go to a special birthing centre or can you do it in hospital?

I'd love a waterbirth - MW says I have to wait and see whether I'm still high risk or not nearer the time. I hope I get to spend at least some time in water, everyone I know whos had a water birth says its brilliant. I'm hoping to have as little pain relief as possible, definitely don't want an epidural as don't like teh idea of not feeling my legs and needing a catheter afterwards!!

I might try that perineum(??) massage before though it sounds v complicated, really scared of rips and tears!!!

Em, sounds like you had two good straight forward births, this one will prob shoot out!!!

Rachel, can't believe you've cancelled your scan, well done you, God I was so desperate for mine each time could never postpone.

Had lots of twinges and strechy feeling today and yesterday which is relief after nothing for a few days, even felt something that could have been a little flutter earlier- prob too early still though.

Have got butterflys about my scan on fri though. Praying everything ok.

xxxxxxxxx

Hb definitely!! I spent nearly the whole of my first labour in water. Lucy, it's painful, but I guess it depends on how you manage it, maybe water works for me? I did use LOTS of gas and air with my second though!! I did the perineal massage both times and never tore, had a couple of grazes!! Hypnobirthing sounds interesting. Jo, I borrowed my friend's Doppler, don't think I ever found hb, just my own pulse and maybe placenta. Gave it back to her because I'll worry too much. Xx

Yes - you go to classes and have to practise at home. You can give birth anywhere - home, birthing centre or hospital :)

Will be doing the perineal massage too - well oh will I am sure I won't be able to reach by then!!

Rachel - very restrained there!! am sure all is well tho :)

Lucy - def the right time for flutters - think I've felt it a couple of times too :) - can't wait to see your pics - you might even be able to find out the sex!!

hx

I am planning a homebirth this time... I laboured at home with Euan and got to the hospital at 9.5cm dilated, my water broke as soon as I got there and after about 30 minutes I was ready to push so it was great.

I had planned in a waterbirth... I had a water birth suite at the hospital but never used it.... I filled the bath about 10 times at home and got in and out of the shower cos i had planned it but truthfully it annoyed me for some reason and I could not stand it.

I also did perineal massage every day for about 3 months before giving birth but ended up with massive 3rd degree tears over front bum and proper bum... with almost 100 stiches holding me all together. It wasn't fun but equally it was not as bad as I had thought it would be.

My fears were
1. tearing or episiotomy
2. Pooping will pushing

I ended up as I say with huge tear and yes number 2 happened too as is so common but you know what... i couldn't care less. At the end I had my baby and everything fades in comparison... you have to cope and get on with it. You will all be fine! Despite all my worries happening it was the most amazing experience of my life and I can't wait for you all to experience it all too.

Hi Girls,
Hope everyone is ok. Sorry I havent been on for a while but was trying to stay off the internet for fear of scaring myself. The hospital said I had an amniotic band but I went for a private 2nd opinion in the fetal medicine centre (who were fantastic by the way) and they dont think I do.

Anyway panic over as far as Im concerned. I've got loads to catch up but just thought Id pop in and say hi xx

Oh Goddess!!! 100 stitches ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I think I'll still try this massage - does anyone know where I can find out how to do it? Will my midwife have info. HB thats great your OH will help you with it, I wonder if mine will - he's very squeamish.

Mrs G - I was worried as you haven't been on for ages, glad all is well. What is an amniotic band? Off I go to google and prob worry myself. Glad all ok now. Gosh what else will they throw at us!! You're nearly halfway now though, how fab is that xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Em did you take the paracetamol to help with the pain of the contractions?

I can't wait to start all the classes and things. Still a few weeks to go before I sign up though. Waiting for my V day.

Oooh! poor you Jo! Mrs G5, glad you seem ok, must have been scary! Queenie, i took paracetamol with both, can't say it did much but helps when the contractions aren't that strong. i was pushing at home with Jess though, in fact, she was nearly born down the toilet if i'd have been pushing for much longer and hadn't gone to hospital!! Here's my scan photo...

Attachments

• DSC00631.jpg
    DSC00631.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79