Cycle 1 day 1. Who's with me? *update* It's a girl! Congrats baby_bray!!!

Sounds like OPKs are impossible to use. lol I will get some digitals as well then just to double check. I am so impatient. I really can't wait to get started. Still not sure how I am going to react when I get my BFP. Probably going to worry continuously for 9mo.

Sounds like OPKs are impossible to use. lol I will get some digitals as well then just to double check. I am so impatient. I really can't wait to get started. Still not sure how I am going to react when I get my BFP. Probably going to worry continuously for 9mo.

Some people have no problem with the cheapie OPKs, I just find them hard to use... but the digital OPKs are really pricey. I can't wait to start my OPKs again, but I am on CD3 and AF is taking her sweet time, still only light again today. I hope she picks up soon so I can get rid of her!

I have never used opk. Is there a certain reason why you use them?

I always go by my cm of when I am going to O. So far it has worked the problem is just keeping them in the oven. We usually :sex: every other day (starting a week before i think it is going to happen) leading up to O to make sure :spermy:gets up there in time to catch the egg.

When I use OPK's I just use the cheapie ones. I get a really good positive when I do O and on the other days I get a very obvious negative.
Our plan is to BD every other day and then if O falls on an off day, we BD then too... It seemed to work well last time, so hopefully it does this time too. :shrug:

Originally Posted By mailcmm
Oh and I forgot... AF is lightening up.
Yay!! Happy for you! :happydance: Soon ladies!! Another couple of weeks we'll all be going nuts with symptoms and hopefully completely swamped with :bfp:'s!!!

When I use OPK's I just use the cheapie ones. I get a really good positive when I do O and on the other days I get a very obvious negative.
Our plan is to BD every other day and then if O falls on an off day, we BD then too... It seemed to work well last time, so hopefully it does this time too. :shrug:

Originally Posted By mailcmm
Oh and I forgot... AF is lightening up.
Yay!! Happy for you! :happydance: Soon ladies!! Another couple of weeks we'll all be going nuts with symptoms and hopefully completely swamped with :bfp:'s!!!

Fingers crossed!

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

I know! This is so exciting. I can't wait to be pregnant. We will bd enough to make this happen without the opk, I just want to make sure I truly o. I have heard that sometimes it takes awhile to get normal and if I get a BFN want to know it was because I didn't o. If I o and get a BFN then next time we can try harder. Don't know if that makes sense... mainly because of the cough syrup from the dr. I feel drunk. Hate this stuff but I cough so hard my throat bleeds and the dr didn't give me a choice. Totally sucks. Told dr that in 2 days I am stopping it though. Don't really think it will be a problem but not taking any chances.

Oh and did I tell y'all that I am so happy to have a great group of ladies to pass this time with. Thanks for joining my thread.

Is your cough medicine a suppressant or a decongestant? If it is a decongestant then it may actually help TTC wise, because it thins your mucus, so it would thin your CM too! I don't know if a suppressant would hurt TTC or not...

Good morning ladies ;)

I have been using the ic opk's and I do okay with them. Last month even though we couldn't TTC I still used it to confirm when I O'ed. I was extremely painful when I did :( not sure why but hopefully this cycle it's not as bad! I thought I read somewhere on my opk package that once you get a + then you will O within 24-48 hours?!?! That could just be with the cheapies or I could be totally wrong? We just plan to BD every other day and hope that works ;)

I am so glad to have you ladies to go through this with :) I can't wait until we are all in the TWW together picking every single symptom or lack of symptom apart together lol

Not really sure if it's a suppressant or decongestant. My couch med is liquid hydrocodone. So being that its a narcotic I want to be off it for several days before we start baby making. I hate it but it works. Have to take it almost every time I get sick. I have such a violent cough. I tried to stay away from it and that's how I wound up tearing up my throat. Hopefully I will be over this crud in the next day or so. Fevers have stopped so thats a good sign.

Since I am sick I have been forced to watch daytime tv. This stuff is horrible. Am loving supernanny though. Couple more days of this and I will be the best mom ever lol. Ok maybe not but it sure makes me appreciate my little monsters. The kids on that show are horrific.

Not really sure if it's a suppressant or decongestant. My couch med is liquid hydrocodone. So being that its a narcotic I want to be off it for several days before we start baby making. I hate it but it works. Have to take it almost every time I get sick. I have such a violent cough. I tried to stay away from it and that's how I wound up tearing up my throat. Hopefully I will be over this crud in the next day or so. Fevers have stopped so thats a good sign.

Since I am sick I have been forced to watch daytime tv. This stuff is horrible. Am loving supernanny though. Couple more days of this and I will be the best mom ever lol. Ok maybe not but it sure makes me appreciate my little monsters. The kids on that show are horrific.

Oh hydrocodone! They really do give you the strong stuff! LOL. Well hopefully you get better soon so you can get that BFP! I hate daytime TV too, although I am not home that much to watch it. I totally agree with you about the supernanny show! It makes me want to apologize to my DS for everything I yelled at him for or complained about, because he is an angel compared to some of those children! Yikes!

mailcmm - Hope you get to feeling better soon. I have also had a bad cold his week. Coughing and sneezing my head off.

Well I am pretty sure it's going around your neck of the woods. lol I drove thru Ohio on Sunday and by Monday was sick. Hope you feel better soon too. TTC with a cold just sounds unromantic.

Ok has anyone seen this Glam Fairy show? Total trash lol. If this cold doesn't kill me daytime tv will.

Also... anybody have ideas on how to pass time during our 3-4wk wait? I plan on baking. I'm a chef so I figure in my downtime I am going to make holiday goodies. Jellies, pickles, candy, and pie crust to freeze. I also have several shows I like to watch; the Office, Grimm, Once Upon a Time, Dexter, Walking Dead, and Boardwalk Empire. Ooo and has anyone caught that show Up All Night? Its hysterical. About a couple that has just had a baby and how it changes their lives. Dh loves it. It stars Christina Applegate, Will Arnett and Maya Rudolph. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend.

Well I am pretty sure it's going around your neck of the woods. lol I drove thru Ohio on Sunday and by Monday was sick. Hope you feel better soon too. TTC with a cold just sounds unromantic.

Ok has anyone seen this Glam Fairy show? Total trash lol. If this cold doesn't kill me daytime tv will.

Also... anybody have ideas on how to pass time during our 3-4wk wait? I plan on baking. I'm a chef so I figure in my downtime I am going to make holiday goodies. Jellies, pickles, candy, and pie crust to freeze. I also have several shows I like to watch; the Office, Grimm, Once Upon a Time, Dexter, Walking Dead, and Boardwalk Empire. Ooo and has anyone caught that show Up All Night? Its hysterical. About a couple that has just had a baby and how it changes their lives. Dh loves it. It stars Christina Applegate, Will Arnett and Maya Rudolph. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend.

People keep saying that UP All Night is so funny, but I watched part of the first episode and I thought it was SO bad! Did it get better after that one?

It's funny because they are such bad parents. Not really bad but just lost and the transition hasn't been good for them. The baby plan episode where she's still pregnant and goes into labor is hilarious. Her normal dr is out and his alternate is gorgeous and she's all worried about him seeing her woman parts not at their best. They are just so clueless.

What part of Ohio were you in?

I love the Walking Dead. I missed the first season so I have no clue what is really going on. Did you watch the first season? Why are there walkers?

The next few weeks are going to be busy around here. I work during the week and I also work doing hair every other Saturday. During the week I work at a steel company and we have physical inventory count this weekend which sucks cause it will be all day Saturday and some of Sunday.

I love this time of the year. So much to get done. I have the Magical Night of Giving on the 20th. It is at our local mall and you get to go in after hours to shop and get special discounts. Then there is Black Friday two weeks from tomorrow. And not to mention Thanksgiving. I cook for about 20 people annd have no clue how I am going to get every thing done working all the time.

So mouch to get done. And not to mention my full schedule of getting busy in the sack with my OH.

We were at a wedding in Michigan. So we drove in through Cincinnati and out Toledo.

You should really get season 1. You missed so much. Basically it's a virus that kills the brain very quickly. Then once the person is dead the virus restarts the brain but there are no memories or thoughts etc and all the organs are dead. Short story is Rick was shot on duty in episode one and was in a coma. Then the walkers thing happened and everyone figured he was dead in the hospital. So his wife was hooked up with Shane. Rick wakes up from the coma in the hospital after the walkers have taken over the city. He somehow gets home to find his family gone and goes to search for them. Next week the "bad" guy is a character that disappeared in season1. The guy with the crossbow is his brother. He's a bad guy and rick left him handcuffed on a rooftop in Atlanta in season1. He sawed off his hand and escaped from Atlanta. He's probably pretty pissed at Rick. That's about all the important stuff.

As for Thanksgiving... you could make a bunch of easy sides and freeze them. Mashed sweet potatoes, squash casserole and green bean casserole all freeze well. Then you just have to stick them in the oven. I'd make one each week and voila dinner is done. I have lots of recipes if you'd like. I am a personal chef/caterer and am actually really good at it. I do a cooking segment on the news from time to time. I also trained in London, England at a 2 michelin star restaurant. That goes for everyone. If you are looking for any holiday tips... I'm your girl. DH is a chef as well.

We were at a wedding in Michigan. So we drove in through Cincinnati and out Toledo.

You should really get season 1. You missed so much. Basically it's a virus that kills the brain very quickly. Then once the person is dead the virus restarts the brain but there are no memories or thoughts etc and all the organs are dead. Short story is Rick was shot on duty in episode one and was in a coma. Then the walkers thing happened and everyone figured he was dead in the hospital. So his wife was hooked up with Shane. Rick wakes up from the coma in the hospital after the walkers have taken over the city. He somehow gets home to find his family gone and goes to search for them. Next week the "bad" guy is a character that disappeared in season1. The guy with the crossbow is his brother. He's a bad guy and rick left him handcuffed on a rooftop in Atlanta in season1. He sawed off his hand and escaped from Atlanta. He's probably pretty pissed at Rick. That's about all the important stuff.

As for Thanksgiving... you could make a bunch of easy sides and freeze them. Mashed sweet potatoes, squash casserole and green bean casserole all freeze well. Then you just have to stick them in the oven. I'd make one each week and voila dinner is done. I have lots of recipes if you'd like. I am a personal chef/caterer and am actually really good at it. I do a cooking segment on the news from time to time. I also trained in London, England at a 2 michelin star restaurant. That goes for everyone. If you are looking for any holiday tips... I'm your girl. DH is a chef as well.

I never knew that stuff would freeze. Would love some recipes starting with the mashed sweer potatoes. Sounds good and I have never had them. I love to cook just hate to clean up the mess.

Mashed Sweet Potatoes: 1 medium Sweet Potato feeds 2 people. So you would need 10?

10 sweet potatoes (peeled and quartered)
-Place in pot and boil til tender (approx 45 min)
-Strain
-Place in mixing bowl
add
1 sticks butter
1/2-1cup brown sugar depending on how sweet you want them
1/2 cup maple syrup
salt to taste (must add or they taste awful)
-mix til blended
-transfer to a baking dish
-freeze
To Serve:
-defrost
-top with mini marshmallow and pecans
(you can also vary this recipe by omitting the syrup adding 1/4 spiced rum, drained crushed pineapple, pecans and coconut to the sweet potatoes as well as the brown sugar and butter. Top and bake.)
-Bake 350 for 30-45 min

Mashed Sweet Potatoes: 1 medium Sweet Potato feeds 2 people. So you would need 10?

10 sweet potatoes (peeled and quartered)
-Place in pot and boil til tender (approx 45 min)
-Strain
-Place in mixing bowl
add
1 sticks butter
1/2-1cup brown sugar depending on how sweet you want them
1/2 cup maple syrup
salt to taste (must add or they taste awful)
-mix til blended
-transfer to a baking dish
-freeze
To Serve:
-defrost
-top with mini marshmallow and pecans
(you can also vary this recipe by omitting the syrup adding 1/4 spiced rum, drained crushed pineapple, pecans and coconut to the sweet potatoes as well as the brown sugar and butter. Top and bake.)
-Bake 350 for 30-45 min

Oh My Gosh that sounds great!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"