Cycle 1 day 1. Who's with me? *update* It's a girl! Congrats baby_bray!!!

No I'm not using the shettles method as of last cycle. I believe it actually prevents you from getting pregnant when trying for a girl because it requires you to refrain from BD 2-3 before you O. So you miss the important fertile days. The most recent research. Has disproved the method so I feel it was a big waste of time.

I would love a buddy! My cycle started on Wednesday. First period after my loss of twins in the beginning of October. We got pregnant with the twins the first month TTC with the SMEP so we're going to do that again and hope for a sticky bean/beans. I'm also taking folic acid but took a break from the prenatals because I was SO sick with them last time.

Welcome lemondrops and I am so sorry for your losses. I will add you to our list. Losing one is hard enough. I can't imagine losing 2. I would love twins. I don't see any reason I would have twins but think it would be fabulous. Hopefully you will get your stick bean.

Motor... I am so sorry you feel like you wasted your time, but maybe this time you will get your bean.

Ok ladies... It's a new day. Af has officially left the building. I am worried because it was so short. Only 4 days? This PM I am gonna start my opks. Mainly because I am panicking my cycle is messed up. And in the words of Flight of the Condcords "It's Business Time." lol If you aren't familiar with the Concords youtube that song. It's hysterical. Ever since me and dh started ttc he says it's our theme song. Anyway, and so it begins.

How is everyone else today? Twinkie: How goes the soy? Our cycles started the same day, any sign of AF leaving? Colta: Af gone? I am so worried she may show back up. Getting ready to panic all the time now. Berdc99: Same question...AF gone? Television: How are you doing? Haven't seen a post in a while. Hope you are doing well. Mrsg: Any AF relief? I see you and Twinkie are going to use prometreum. What's that?

With AF making her departure we start the race to Oday. So excited.

Welcome lemondrops and I am so sorry for your losses. I will add you to our list. Losing one is hard enough. I can't imagine losing 2. I would love twins. I don't see any reason I would have twins but think it would be fabulous. Hopefully you will get your stick bean.

Motor... I am so sorry you feel like you wasted your time, but maybe this time you will get your bean.

Ok ladies... It's a new day. Af has officially left the building. I am worried because it was so short. Only 4 days? This PM I am gonna start my opks. Mainly because I am panicking my cycle is messed up. And in the words of Flight of the Condcords "It's Business Time." lol If you aren't familiar with the Concords youtube that song. It's hysterical. Ever since me and dh started ttc he says it's our theme song. Anyway, and so it begins.

How is everyone else today? Twinkie: How goes the soy? Our cycles started the same day, any sign of AF leaving? Colta: Af gone? I am so worried she may show back up. Getting ready to panic all the time now. Berdc99: Same question...AF gone? Television: How are you doing? Haven't seen a post in a while. Hope you are doing well. Mrsg: Any AF relief? I see you and Twinkie are going to use prometreum. What's that?

AF is still here, but I have longer periods (usually 7 or 8 days)... so I still have another 2 or 3 to go :( Soy is still OK, I had a headache yesterday, but I don't think it was from the soy. The only thing I notice is that I am more tired when I wake up, so I must not be sleeping as good at night, but that is the only side effect I notice. Prometrium is a progesterone supplement. It will help thicken the lining and give additional support to a pregnancy (should I get that BFP). It is usually given to women who have low progesterone or is sometimes given in combination with fertility drugs. I take it for low progesterone, I don't know if it is really going to help things, but I know it can't hurt. The idiot nurse called in my refill yesterday and only gave me 10 days worth... which if I took it according to my Dr's orders would get me about half way through my LP, luckily I have some left from my last cycle.

I have about had it with medical professionals. They all just seem so disinterested in doing their jobs these days. When I was having my MC my dr kept forgetting to sign orders. I would get to the lab or pharmacy and they would have to track him down. What a pain. Finally I started checking for his signature first.

Good morning all! Wow! I go away for a little while and I'm so far behind!! lol

moter98 - welcome to the party! I'm so very sorry for your loss, I hope you get your BFP right way and hopefully getting rid of the shettles method (never even heard of that before today) works out for you.

lemondrops - welcome as well... and I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't know what I'd ever do if I had lost twins. Stay strong chickie and we'll be celebrating BFP's soon!

mailcmm - THE WITCH HAS LEFT THE BUILDING! It was actually kind of silly really. I woke up CD7 and bam, she was gone... like she had never been there to start with. :dohh: So, me and DH are officially TTC!!! I'm so excited... although we did have a bit of an issue last night. DH had a bit of performance anxiety. (he'd crucify me for saying that... lol :haha:) and was a bit upset, but he's very gung ho about 'making it up to me'... so I'm not complaining.
I'm going to get some OPK's today. We're going to basically be trying the SMEP method... I've heard a lot of good things. Looking back on my chart when I got pregnant the first time, that's basically what we did... so might as well give it a shot.
So yeah... that's it for me today. And thanks to everyone for letting me that I'm not a silly goat head and that I can worry with you! I don't think I'll stop worrying until I have a healthy baby cuddled in my arms. (And then the real worrying begin. :dohh:)

afternoon ladies, well my af has slowed right down i think ill be saying :wave::witch: by tomorrow, im going to start using opk i think tomorrow or monday i dont know what the hell is going on with my body and i dont want to miss it.
I dont know if anyone else gets this but i went on facebook b4 and i had a friend on there who is just bloody moaning about being pregnant i know it gets hard at the end but i just feel like say shut the beep up dont u know how lucky u r :growlmad: sorry slight rant lol.

I hadn't ever heard of the SMEP method before reading it here just now. I will be trying that method this cycle, however I will start every other day BD on CD6 instead of CD8 as I always get my first + OPK at CD10 or CD11. (I have 25-26 day cycles)

Mailcmm - I don't think a 4 day AF is anything out of the norm. The average AF length is 5 days, so give or take 1 day is still normal. Mine are usually 5-6 days, but I also have had a 4 day AF before too. And I still got my + OPK on CD10 or CD11 like usual. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

I also just want to give a heads up to any of you compulsive early testers like me. You can buy cheap midstream pregnancy tests on amazon for 11.66 for a 10 pack. I only use the midstream tests as I find them more convenient than the strips. I also know they detect small amounts of HCG in your system. When I had my chemical my last beta was at 11 and I was still getting BFP with these tests. They use pink dye. If you want to buy them, they are titled "10 Early Detection HCG Pregnancy Tests - Midstream" on Amazon.

Also, I forgot to mention that I have been using Preseed and will also take Mucinex this cycle.

Wow So much info. Lol Ok Trying to keep up. Need to look into SMEP? I don't plan on testing until 5 days after my missed period. Last time I started to bleed on what would have been cycle day 4. Lost the baby 2 weeks later. Anyway. Telivision & Colta... That is awesome news. That's 3 of us Starting the race. Cotla too funny about your hubby. I am worried we may have the same problem tonight. Lol Mine is too excited. Motor thanks for all the info. I am so glad I started this thread we have had a great turnout and you ladies have all been wonderful. If any of us were drinking I would say lets toast to Kicking off the new year pregnant. lol But if y'all are anything like me you have stappoed anything that could harm getting your BFP or baby.

The :witch: is gone. :yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:

Actually started :sex: last night for our every other night schedule. I want a :baby: sooooooo bad.

Any other ladies TTC and at the beginning of their cycle? This is my first cycle TTC after loss in September and I would love some TTC buddies.

I have 2 children 8 and 9 from a previous marriage but this would be my first with DH. We were so excited when we learned we were pregnant only to be devastated by our loss. Now that we can try again I am going thru a range of emotions from excited to petrified.

Never dreamed in a million years I'd be happy to get my period. lol That's been a new one.

OUR "WHAT WE DID TO BFP" COUNT

He's a list of ladies and what they did each cycle TTC. For records sake I will post this as Month 1 and next to the names let you know what cycle they are on. Thanks

mailcmm: 1st cycle since d&c in Sept. Prenatal, OPK
BERDC99: 1st cycle since loss in Dec. Vitamins:prenatal, folic acid, B6, and calcium
Twinkie210: 3rd Cycle TTCAL (MC @ 7 weeks in August): Prenatal, DHA supplement, Soy Cycles days 3-7 (or 4-8 I haven't decided yet), Prometrium during LP
Newmrsg: 3rd cycle after loss 1st TTCAL: Rainbow Light prenatal, 1mg folic acid, Vitamin B complex, Prometrium during LP
Television:1st cycle TTCAL
Colta: 1st cycle TTCAL(ectopic end of August, treated with mtx): charting, OPK's, and taking a prenatal with 1mg of folic acid
Moter98:prenatals, using OPK's, and charting
Lemondrops: 1st cycle TTCAL:SMEP and folic acid

B]BERDC99[/B]: 1st cycle since loss in Dec. Vitamins:prenatal, folic acid, B6, and calcium

Can you edit this. 1 cycle ttc since loss in Sept. I am also now taking extra Zinc and baby asprin.

Me and DH do our own version of the SMEP. We pretty much BD every other day after AF leaves and then everyday once I get fertile CM or +OPK until I see a temp rise. It hasn't worked for us yet, but I am hoping it will soon!

I am an early tester, but I am going to try to hold out until 11dpo this time (I started testing @ 8dpo the last couple months and all I did was upset myself with BFNs, then had to wonder if it was just too early...)

My Dr. wants me to come in for blood tests and I will need a refill on my meds if I get a BFP, so I really just want to know as soon as possible...

Any other ladies TTC and at the beginning of their cycle? This is my first cycle TTC after loss in September and I would love some TTC buddies.

I have 2 children 8 and 9 from a previous marriage but this would be my first with DH. We were so excited when we learned we were pregnant only to be devastated by our loss. Now that we can try again I am going thru a range of emotions from excited to petrified.

Never dreamed in a million years I'd be happy to get my period. lol That's been a new one.

OUR "WHAT WE DID TO BFP" COUNT

He's a list of ladies and what they did each cycle TTC. For records sake I will post this as Month 1 and next to the names let you know what cycle they are on. Thanks

mailcmm: 1st cycle since d&c in Sept. Prenatal, OPK
BERDC99: 1st cycle since loss in Dec. Vitamins:prenatal, folic acid, B6, and calcium
Twinkie210: 3rd Cycle TTCAL (MC @ 7 weeks in August): Prenatal, DHA supplement, Soy Cycles days 3-7 (or 4-8 I haven't decided yet), Prometrium during LP
Newmrsg: 3rd cycle after loss 1st TTCAL: Rainbow Light prenatal, 1mg folic acid, Vitamin B complex, Prometrium during LP
Television:1st cycle TTCAL
Colta: 1st cycle TTCAL(ectopic end of August, treated with mtx): charting, OPK's, and taking a prenatal with 1mg of folic acid
Moter98:prenatals, using OPK's, and charting
Lemondrops: 1st cycle TTCAL:SMEP and folic acid

B]BERDC99[/B]: 1st cycle since loss in Dec. Vitamins:prenatal, folic acid, B6, and calcium

Can you edit this. 1 cycle ttc since loss in Sept. I am also now taking extra Zinc and baby asprin.

Got it. Sorry for the typo! Congrats on AF being gone. I am so excited for all of us.

Me and DH do our own version of the SMEP. We pretty much BD every other day after AF leaves and then everyday once I get fertile CM or +OPK until I see a temp rise. It hasn't worked for us yet, but I am hoping it will soon!

I am an early tester, but I am going to try to hold out until 11dpo this time (I started testing @ 8dpo the last couple months and all I did was upset myself with BFNs, then had to wonder if it was just too early...)

My Dr. wants me to come in for blood tests and I will need a refill on my meds if I get a BFP, so I really just want to know as soon as possible...

Me too but I am scared.

Me too but I am scared.

I am a little scared too, but more scared of seeing BFNs. I feel like every month it doesn't happen is more proof that something is wrong.

I was reviewing my insurance and pretty much no fertility treatments are covered under my insurance, not even clomid. So I really hope that me and DH can get our BFP on our own. While I would pay anything to have a baby, I really don't want to deplete our savings if we don't have to.

Twinkie... I hope it won't be an issue. Really hope you get your BFP soon. I hope we all do.

Have any of you watched "The Great Sperm Race" on you tube? It has 6 parts and is a total of about 50 min long but I found it very interesting and informative. It explains just how that sperm makes it to the egg and the struggles to get there. After watching it, I actually feel better. It is a miracle that the egg gets fertilized at all, so now I understand that it can take some time! Ladies, just because you haven't conceived yet, it doesn't mean that anything is wrong with you. Sometimes it just takes longer. The average time it takes to conceive is 6 months and 85% of couples will conceive within a year. You only have a 20-25% chance of conceiving in any given month. If you haven't noticed yet, I am a fact and statistics kind of person, lol! Which is pretty ironic because my DS was born with a right club foot and the odds of that are 1 in 1000!

Have any of you watched "The Great Sperm Race" on you tube? It has 6 parts and is a total of about 50 min long but I found it very interesting and informative. It explains just how that sperm makes it to the egg and the struggles to get there. After watching it, I actually feel better. It is a miracle that the egg gets fertilized at all, so now I understand that it can take some time! Ladies, just because you haven't conceived yet, it doesn't mean that anything is wrong with you. Sometimes it just takes longer. The average time it takes to conceive is 6 months and 85% of couples will conceive within a year. You only have a 20-25% chance of conceiving in any given month. If you haven't noticed yet, I am a fact and statistics kind of person, lol! Which is pretty ironic because my DS was born with a right club foot and the odds of that are 1 in 1000!

I understand it takes time to conceive but for me its more of a trying after my 1st loss after baby I know it may not happen 1st time but I wanna give it all I've got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->