Cycle Buddy Central!

horsey-They don't give me copies of the pics they take of my ovaries :( If I had them I would def post it! I have pics from my trip on my camera, when I get around to it if I remember I will post a few. I usually take quite awhile to get the pics off the camera.

I hope your body gets back on track and you O soon :thumbup:

I have my scan in a few hours so I will let you all know what happens. I am wondering if it is even possible I o'ed last night because I was having cramps and lots of ewcm. I guess I will have to wait and see!

Yay Rachel! I can't wait to hear about your scan :thumbup:

I am totally frustrated. No temp rise again today. I am beginning to think I won't ovulate this cycle. Can you have a positive opk AFTER O? My chart is weird. I am feeling down about this cycle. We haven't even BD'd that much so even if I do O this cycle, chances are low of conceiving :(

sweetpea-It is hard to make out what is going on with your chart. Maybe you did O yesterday and your temp is just slow to rise. If it doesn't go up by tomorrow I would say no O yet. I hope something happens for you soon!

Sweetpea, both our charts/cycles are so weird this time : ( . Really hard to make sense of. I see a little bding on that there chart of urs so YES! I hope we're gonna be in the 2ww together. Too bad it's all vague!!! But maybe just maybe you and rachel and BEX and me will all be having twins in what would it be - May? That's good to know about the timing of the elusive double eggie. DF and I got busy Fri night and last night. No real temp rise for me either today, gr! My temps are still "so low it's a wonder i have a pulse." Rachel, do you do opks? It's looking really good for you. I can't wait to hear about your scan.

Good luck at your scan Rachel!

Sweetpea I cant tell what your chart is doing either. I hope you dont have an anovulatory cycle, they really suck!

Horsey, FX your temp goes up tomorrow

Well I just came back from my scan, and I saw a different dr. today and I asked her to tell me what the thickness of my lining was and it was onnly 3.4 mm She claimed that it doesnt matter at this point and it will continue to thicken after I O and that is when you get an accurate reading on it and that it is fine for this point in my cycle but EVERYTHING I read says the lining really doesnt thicken much more after O and at this point in my cycle it should be at least 8 mm and anything under that would mean pregnancy chances are extremely slim. So it looks like I will have about zero chance this cycle, I am soooooooo upset. I knew my lining was way too thin because my AFs are always way too light. The dr. says that doesnt mean anything, I really don't trust that though.

They found a 13mm follie in my right ovary and 15 mm in the left. Last cycle on CD 13 when my usual dr found a 14 mm follie she was pleased with it and said I would O within a few days and if AF showed I could stay on 100 mg. This dr. had a completely different and negative view on my follie size today. She said I wasn't responding well enough and I should be upped to 150 mg next cycle She said there is a "chance" I will O and could get pregnant but she didn't sound optimistic. How the hell does she say that when last cycle I had a 14 mm and my dr. was happy with it? I am dumbfounded as to how their views are SO different. I am so sick of this office and my RE appt on Thursday can't come soon enough. I feel they are COMPLETLY incompatent when it comes to fertility and I am so upset that my time was wasted I should have just gone straight to an RE.

Oh Rachel :hugs: I am sorry to hear about your doc's office. How insensitive too :( They really should have it more together in this kind of office. Emotions are running high as it is with TTC so they should have people who really know what they are doing and not ones who are going to be so conflicting.

On a side note, can you believe how long this forum has lasted? (gonna be cheesy here)I really feel like you guys are such a special part of my life and I don't know what the heck i would do without you. You can't talk about this stuff with just anyone. Maybe we will all meet someday who knows ;)

Oh Rachel :hugs: I am sorry to hear about your doc's office. How insensitive too :( They really should have it more together in this kind of office. Emotions are running high as it is with TTC so they should have people who really know what they are doing and not ones who are going to be so conflicting.

On a side note, can you believe how long this forum has lasted? (gonna be cheesy here)I really feel like you guys are such a special part of my life and I don't know what the heck i would do without you. You can't talk about this stuff with just anyone. Maybe we will all meet someday who knows ;)

And we will meet with our children in tow hopefully!

rachel, im so sorry to hear how frustrating the visits have been. that's really something else that they each interpreted what seems like the same data a completely different way. did you ask about the discrepancy, or were you speechless, or was there too much of a rush like there often is when you finally get in to see them? ugh! im frustrated for you : (. I would have thought the follicles at that size were perfect but duh, i'm not a doc. ....sometimes though, i think the docs really dont know sh&%. you would think someone in our society would have a better handle on women's health issues at this point, but the more i learn, the more it blows my mind how much is a total mystery. what is next for you, other than the wait to o? sorry i should know this, but you are opk-ing or no?

sweetpea, i luv ya, lady!

i think about you ladies about as much as i think about anyone i see in person, and it really is special to be able to go through all this "informed" waiting waiting waiting with you all. lets make a pact that one day we will meet eachother in europe, or if there are finally some babies, in canada or california! :p (rmsh, jinx)

oh i would LOVE to go to nz - do you think i should try to swing our honeymoon there? i've never been to europe, so i've been lobbying heavily for italy, but DF went to italy and paris on his last honeymoon with his xwife! :dohh:

Horsey-I didn't even bother asking because I am done seeing my OB for infertility my first appt with an RE is this Thurs so I will ask him about it. I got a copy of my records from my OB so he will be able to see what has been going on. I guess I will start opks tomorrow although I don't know if there is much of a point as I doubt I will even be able to get pregnant with my shitty lining thickness :(

Yes yes yes I will come all those places :thumbup:

Bex- you are getting high in the dpo count. When are you testing?

Rachel- what about taking progesterone to thicken the lining? I've heard pineapple cores also eaten from 1-5 dpo are really effective. I haven't done it yet but I may try this cycle...

sweetpea-I will ask my RE if there is anything that he can give me to help thicken it but I read on another website where an RE responds to users questions and he said that the lining really only thickens up until O (estrogen is what thickens it) and after O progesterone really doesnt have an affect on thickening the lining.

hmmmm ok. I am no doctor so I'm sure your RE is correct. Still though, there has to be something you can do to thicken your lining. Maybe you need more estrogen then if thats what thickens it? I would probably be demanding it by now lol

i've been reading up on lining thickness now and it seems like less than 3mm can be an issue. also seems like there are ways to thicken it and it will be very different depending on what stage in your cycle. -just thinking aloud here. ....also seems like some people's linings take a long time to thicken, so if you have a long cycle, maybe those could even be a good thing, where you'd have even better chances than a short cycle? i really dont know what im talking about here, gr. it does seem like the pattern in one's lining is more important than the thickness. (something called a triple stripe pattern that's present before but not after o.) i'm sorry you're having to try to figure this one out. i will keep reading too... tell us more about what's on the agenda for thursday? have you met the re yet or do you know anything about what they are like?

sweetpea I haven't met with my RE yet but I read on a website where an RE was repsonding to users questions.

No horsey I have not met my RE yet. I have my initial consultation on Thursday. In the paperwork they mailed me it said the appt can last up to 2 hours. I am not sure what he will be willing to do for me on my first appt but I am hoping he will give me another scan and help me with the lining issue. With my biggest follie only being 15 mm I likely won't o until Friday or Saturday so hopefully my lining will thicken by then but I don't know how fast it thickens? I read baby asprin can help but not sure if at this point it would be too late for it to make a different as normally if you take it for thickening your lining it should be taken when you start AF.

im not a doc, but i say maybe skip the aspirin this time and get a base reading if re can scan you. you might be pleasantly surprised and walk out of the appointment knowing the lining is no issue at all. we'll hope for this, but there's also femara instead of clomid right? i heard some people use it because it doesnt decrease estrogen? have you been having any ecwm? do you usually? i thought that corresponded to estrogen too...

sweetpea, about the pineapple, i've heard conflicting things. i used it the last time i got a bfp, but i didnt really overdo it or anything. so ive heard it can help with implantation and then on the other hand ive heard, "no way dont eat too much." lol typical. here's a page i just read. not the best piece ever, but says a few relevant if scattered things. https://www.livestrong.com/article/550339-does-pineapple-juice-help-the-lining-of-the-uterus/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->