Cycle Buddy Central!

Oh, that would save tons of time!

Is most fertility workup expensive in the US? It's shocking what you guys pay for healthcare (ours is free and we pay through taxes) so whenever you go to the Doc you don't really think about what it would cost because there is never a bill. Sorry for the questions lol, I just can't wrap my head around paying for healthcare.

Healthcare is basically free here in the UK too, we pay through taxes. But we are returning to NZ this year and will have to pay for healthcare there, so I really want to get the ball rolling here in the UK and get some tests done before we go home

ohhhhhhhh yea it is crazy expensive here. I don't know how much this is all going to cost but I don't really care at this point I just want to get this fixed. We have a health savings account plan right now so it is a high deductable plan. We have to spend $2500 out of pocket then after that 80% of the cost is covered. It is insane isn't it?!? So we spend about $100 a month that goes into our account and DH's company matches it dollar for dollar so that money can be used for copays,ect then we also pay around $150 a month just to have the plan. :wacko:

An example of the cost last year I got an endoscopy done because I have chronic heartburn and we had to spend about $1300 out of pocket for the procedure plus another $100 for the biopsy and more for bloodwork and office visits. :dohh:

I will get medical insurance when we go home. Haven't needed it here, which is nice, but its costs NZ$50 at least just to see a regular GP in NZ

:shock:
ohhhhhhhh yea it is crazy expensive here. I don't know how much this is all going to cost but I don't really care at this point I just want to get this fixed. We have a health savings account plan right now so it is a high deductable plan. We have to spend $2500 out of pocket then after that 80% of the cost is covered. It is insane isn't it?!? So we spend about $100 a month that goes into our account and DH's company matches it dollar for dollar so that money can be used for copays,ect then we also pay around $150 a month just to have the plan. :wacko:

An example of the cost last year I got an endoscopy done because I have chronic heartburn and we had to spend about $1300 out of pocket for the procedure plus another $100 for the biopsy and more for bloodwork and office visits. :dohh:

:shock: That is insane! We also get health spending accounts, but they are used for a massage, gym memberships, glasses, and dental (most employers cover a very generous portion of dental bills though - DH's firm pays 85% for both of us twice a year). DH contributes to the health spending account, but there are no other fees.

I feel so fortunate to be able to go to an ER or doctor and gave any test/exam and then just walk out without a bill. I completly agree with you though the cost is irrevelant when you need to know what is going on with your body.

Healthcare is basically free here in the UK too, we pay through taxes. But we are returning to NZ this year and will have to pay for healthcare there, so I really want to get the ball rolling here in the UK and get some tests done before we go home

You guys have private healthcare there too along with the NHS right?

Yeah, get everything you can out of the way while it's free! :) When are you moving back?

Yeah there is private, I have not had to use it luckily.

We are moving back in October :) Been in London for 5 years

Nice so you'll arrive just before summer starts over there :) DH and I are thinking of traveling to Australia and NZ around that time next year, just before it gets super hot lol

Yep right before summer! We moved here in October, so I had two winters, so I am so owed two summers LOL

I just tested with an OPK again, still surging! LOL OH is playing PS3, gonna be hard getting him in bed tonight I think....

Oh and we booked a long weekend away to Rome in May, they are already getting 22-26 degree sunshine there right now, so looking forward to getting out of grey London for a few days

That sounds nice I am so jealous! I have never been overseas :( I am supposed to go to Las vegas twice less than a month apart for weddings later this year so that should be interesting, especially if I am pregnant :shock:

I hear you all on the healthcare issue. The US sucks and they really need to get it together because the cost is outrageous. People either don't get the care they need or
They do and it puts them in debt forever.

Kind of like student loans :/

So in good news I think I might have seen a very very faint line on an Internet cheapy tonight. I'm gonna test again in a few days, it totally could have been a false test. . I'm only like 7 or 8 DPO. My low temp dip from yesterday went back up so I am Happy about that. Keeping my hopes up. AF not due till the 30/1st

That sounds nice I am so jealous! I have never been overseas :( I am supposed to go to Las vegas twice less than a month apart for weddings later this year so that should be interesting, especially if I am pregnant :shock:

You need to go overseas Rachel! :) Once you do though you need to keep tracellng though (once the travel bug bites... Lol)

Oh and we booked a long weekend away to Rome in May, they are already getting 22-26 degree sunshine there right now, so looking forward to getting out of grey London for a few days

Have fun! I haven't been to Italy yet, we'll get there eventually though! Lol

I hear you all on the healthcare issue. The US sucks and they really need to get it together because the cost is outrageous. People either don't get the care they need or

So in good news I think I might have seen a very very faint line on an Internet cheapy tonight. I'm gonna test again in a few days, it totally could have been a false test. . I'm only like 7 or 8 DPO. My low temp dip from yesterday went back up so I am Happy about that. Keeping my hopes up. AF not due till the 30/1st

Yeah I don't know how you guys deal with your healthcare system! I just don't get paying for healthcare - we are spoiled in Canada hehe :)

Where are your pics??!? Lol Test again and post pics for us! :)

I went to Vegas last year, it was great!

Our travelling will not be very extensive when we return home though, a lot harder to travel from NZ. We plan on seeing more of NZ though, now that we have been to so many other places, time to explore home!

Didn't get around to seeing about the ultrasound at work tonight was busy staying out of the lobby when I noticed my ex I have not seen in three years when I worked at the prison and I didn't think about it until after I left and was half way home. Lol since I know he and his wife and other family know someone there I will be running away each time I see him enter. (Bad breakup.)

Wow, good luck hun!! Fingers crossed!
I'm also 7dpo, but only glowing white BFN for me today lol. BIt early for me anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->