Cyclone Yasi In Australia!

Anyone know where to get updates?
I can't really find anything.
I hope all of your families stay safe.
It's awful :(

I have had this on all day , news reports about it all the time , on the side are people that are twittering about it ,
https://www.abc.net.au/news/abcnews24/
thats how im keeping up to date , also my family , which i think have lost power, feels like im riding this out with them , i wont know whats happening till morning.. roofs have come off , and this is JUST the beginning. It hasnt really touched down yet!

Thanks for the link.
Do they know when it's meant to touch down?
I thought it was to happen at 12pm here and 10pm there?
I hope your family are all safe somewhere :hugs: Thinking of you

Anyone know where to get updates?
I can't really find anything.
I hope all of your families stay safe.
It's awful :(

I have had this on all day , news reports about it all the time , on the side are people that are twittering about it ,
https://www.abc.net.au/news/abcnews24/
thats how im keeping up to date , also my family , which i think have lost power, feels like im riding this out with them , i wont know whats happening till morning.. roofs have come off , and this is JUST the beginning. It hasnt really touched down yet!

Thanks for the link.
Do they know when it's meant to touch down?
I thought it was to happen at 12pm here and 10pm there?
I hope your family are all safe somewhere :hugs: Thinking of you

The Eye has just touched down Near Mission Beach , the worst is hitting right now or the next 30 mins. x

I'm following it on twitter now and have the news link on that you posted.
:hugs: xx

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cycl...2#!/pages/Cyclone-Yasi-Update/105722036172382

thinking of you all with family over there and your families hope they all stay safe :hugs:

How scary :( thinking of everyone out there, hope all your families are safe :hugs: x

Best case scenario - no reports of injury or loss of life! And the worst of it avoided the heaviest populated areas.

I should edit that it wasn't "best case scenario", as obviously best case scenario would be if it blew off before reaching land at all, but no loss of life is what I was really referring to :)

Lots of flooding, lots of leveled houses and sugar and banana plantations, roads closed etc, and not everywhere has released reports, but it's still looking like there was no loss of life.
It's currently a category 2 cyclone moving quickly inland.

My sister might now be in the middle of a flood zone though :s

My real dad lives in Wynnum, Brisbane and i havent spoke to him for two weeks :cry:

Brisbane is unaffected. Well south of the tropics and 100s of kms south of the damage from the cyclone, so if you've heard from him since the flooding two weeks ago you have no need to worry :hugs:

I just had a look at his facebook and he's been on so he's ok.

Thinking of everyone who is affected x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->