dairy free

KatyR

Reaction score
My LO may be having trouble processing lactose so I've been told to cut out all dairy. Been reading ingredients and everything seems to contain milk. Anyone got any ideas for meals / snacks?

I don't feel as though I miss out on much, I just cook things for myself to keep a track on ingredients. Just recently been loving home made pizza without the cheese. I make the bases myself

The trouble is there is no good substitute for cheese! But if you have lots of other nice stuff on the pizza (I like chorizo and peperoni but have to be careful because some of those have milk in them) then I don't notice the lack of cheese. The main other thing I've not figured out is a good lasagne without the cheese sauce/topping.

Are you sure it's lactose and not cows' milk protein? Lactose is at high levels in breastmilk so if lactose was truly the problem your baby wouldn't have gained weight from birth and would have suffered severe health problems. Many doctors don't know the difference between the two though. Sainsbury's are really good for making own brand products that don't contain milk for no good reason. Their labelling is also some of the most clear I have found and they sell some of the Mrs Crimble cakes that are milk free (not all the range is so check labels). Sainsbury's also have a dairy free product list on their site that is updated monthly. I am vegan so consume no animal products at all and one of my older children is vegan by choice and has a dairy allergy, and even products that say may contain traces of milk have caused a reaction. There are loads of alternatives out there. If you're in the UK look up 'alternative stores' they have dairy free versions of pretty much anything you can think of, cheese, milks, chocolate and sweets, etc. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->