Dealing with azoospermia?

I've been good. Just busy! But I wouldn't change it for the world!! How is everyone else doing?

Here's a pict of my little turkeys. (Hope it doesn't offend anyone :hugs:)

Hugs and love to all!!! :flower:

Attachments

• IMG_6146.jpg
    IMG_6146.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 4
I'm not ok, but I will be eventually. Lost a friend - horrible tragic accident. She died of head injury that happened while the dance team was practicing Thursday after school. This teacher/coach is a dear friend that I like to talk with. Idk how her family is coping (she has two kids- one year old and a five, maybe six years old daughters).

Other than that, life's just dandy. It goes by. My friend that I went to visit today suggested I think about fostering for real (like foster to adopt) so I guess that's a sign for me to explore my options within that.

Oh, Deafgal, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend! How tragic :( :(

It sounds like an interesting option, if you're open to it! <3

So sorry DG!

I agree with Bubu - such a good option - if it&#8217;s right for you <3

I probably will go that route, but for now I'm just enjoying the way my life is right now - I don't have to worry about any sitter or what a kid needs (other than the students I work with).

Probably in a year or so, I'll start that foster/adoption process if Z and I agree to it.

Hi ladies,

It's been a long time since I posted on here....DH was diagnosed with azoo in 2010, I wanted to update you all as I know I loved hearing success stories.

Our first miracle baby boy was born in 2012 and at the end of last year we decided to try for :baby: #2. We had our first iui on 16th Feb and have just got a :bfp:

Sending lots of love to all of you currently on this journey, you will come out the other side xxx

Hi Pink Lolly,

My hubby was dx with azoospermia a couple weeks ago and I am just coming to terms with this. I have read every page of this thread over the past couple of weeks and am starting to feel like donor sperm would be the way to go. The mTESE just seems like it works so rarely. Anyway, do you mind me asking how old you were for your first dIUI? I am 32 going on 33 and worried about my age. So far, I have tested ok and my AFC showed 15 follicles on each ovary. Thanks for your help.

Hi Vegas, I'm sorry you've had this devastating news :hugs:

My DH had a PESE/TESE and they found some sperm but also discovered that his sperm died before it matured so donor was the only option for us. I had my first DIUI when I was 29, i have always had medicated cycles, although this is purely to maximise chances with timings etc as I don't have any fertility issues. When TTC our first baby, they were cautious with the drugs and I only had 1 follicle both times. Second cycle worked and we got our bfp that gave us our son!

This time I am 34 (35 this year). I had a medicated cycle again, slightly higher dose and had 3 follicles and got a bfp the first try! I had also been worried about my age but the consultant was never concerned and actually I got pregnant quicker this time despite being older......

I hope that helps, anything else please just ask xxx

Vegas - I don't think you need to jump to the conclusion of needing donor sperm, despite your diagnosis. it think it would be important to see, can they get any sperm at all and if so, what the quality would be.
Azoo is also our diagnosis and with a 6 week course of Tamoxifen, we actually got the sperm that brought us our baby boy (several vials were frozen - and each time I had an egg retrieval, they were able to get enough live sperm from DH to fertilise - however these tries never resulted in pregnancy). We went for the mTESE and while I was prepped for the surgery, they found there was nothing they could use from the mTESE and ended up thawing three vials of sperm ... and that is were our baby boy came from.

I think it is worth seeing what type of Azoospermia your partner has. If it is due to a blockage (which can mean, that healthy sperm is obtainable from his testicles) or non-blockage (which was our case, we have no explanation for my husband's diagnosis) - even there, though, miracles can happen!

Fingers crossed for you! :)

Hi Vegas, I'm sorry you've had this devastating news :hugs:

My DH had a PESE/TESE and they found some sperm but also discovered that his sperm died before it matured so donor was the only option for us. I had my first DIUI when I was 29, i have always had medicated cycles, although this is purely to maximise chances with timings etc as I don't have any fertility issues. When TTC our first baby, they were cautious with the drugs and I only had 1 follicle both times. Second cycle worked and we got our bfp that gave us our son!

This time I am 34 (35 this year). I had a medicated cycle again, slightly higher dose and had 3 follicles and got a bfp the first try! I had also been worried about my age but the consultant was never concerned and actually I got pregnant quicker this time despite being older......

I hope that helps, anything else please just ask xxx

Thank you. This makes me feel like it is going to be possible. I just hope that my husband will be ok. I am so sad for him. Such a random thing that we totally never expected. He is a total guys guy so I think it’s definitely hard to wrap his mind around...

Thank you for your story! My hubby most likely has non obstructive due to his low T and high FSH. We have an appt next week with the urologist so will find out more than. I&#8217;m sure he will test genetics which is an important first step. I know that finding sperm is a possibility but with most doctors saying a live birth results from this only 20% of the time, I don&#8217;t like the odds we are facing. I will leave it up to my husband as to whether he wants to go through the sperm extraction procedures and am happy to go through IVF if that&#8217;s what he desires. After the tamoxifen, did they find sperm with a biopsy from your husband?

You're welcome (you can read up on all of it in my pregnancy journal) :)
Actually, no! It was from a normal spermiogramme!! It really was amazing.

hey gals wondering if i can join the thread?

My husband doesn't have azoospermia however we have genetically had multiple SA tested in the last 4 months and very very few come back genetically normal (I can't remember the number off hand). Our doc's can't give us answers yet as to what changed between having our DD to now but we are leaning in the way of a donor with IUI. Can someone give me any advice on successes (how many cycles it took, how many vials at a time should i buy, meds or no meds?, deciding factors/characteristics on picking a donor?)

Something in my heart told me to come "visit" this thread today... don't know if anyone is still around, but if so, thinking of you all and hope everyone is doing well!!! :hi:

I'm not on as much these days as I keep so busy with my dancing and work. I'm also in therapy - apparently I have unresolved trauma from when I was a kid (so I have abandonment issues to work through). Doing alright over here. how about you, snd80?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->