Debate over due date?

Lottielouf

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I used the due date calculators online and worked out that I was due 23rd October...obviously I know this might not be accurate til my scan BUT the midwife today at my booking appointment worked it out at 20th October and put me at 8 weeks... I’m struggling to see how she worked this out using the same dates and cycle length as I have... any ideas?

Hi ladies,

I used the due date calculators online and worked out that I was due 23rd October...obviously I know this might not be accurate til my scan BUT the midwife today at my booking appointment worked it out at 20th October and put me at 8 weeks... I’m struggling to see how she worked this out using the same dates and cycle length as I have... any ideas?
They almost always put your ovulation at CD14 I think. Are you having a dating scan?

They almost always put your ovulation at CD14 I think. Are you having a dating scan?
Yes I will be just haven’t got it through yet...I have a private scan on Saturday though.

my cycles are like clockwork and she asked how long they were but seems to have calculated based on a 28 day cycle instead of my 31 day cycle :shrug:

Yes I will be just haven’t got it through yet...I have a private scan on Saturday though.

my cycles are like clockwork and she asked how long they were but seems to have calculated based on a 28 day cycle instead of my 31 day cycle :shrug:
Yes I think she’s done that even just without even thinking. Hopefully your scan will clear things up! I don’t particularly care where they date me as long as I know what’s up lol. I mean unless they bumped me like a week later then I’d be ticked!! Baby will come when they come no matter the due date, and the tests will all be done at the correct time as long as you’re in a few days of the true due date!!

Yeah they always use a 28 day cycle :shrug:

No matter what they’ll use your dating scan. My dating scan date is impossible - they moved me forward 4 days. Sonographer said they can be out by up to 5 days but always use the scan date

Exactly they always use a 28 day cycle with a ovulation day of 14 . Which is wayyy off for me anyways ! I’d go by your dating scan

DS was dated five days earlier at his scan bringing his due date closer to the date I had regardless he was born 6 days over his due date anyway hahaha

She went to all the effort of asking me how long my cycles were to then just do it her own way :haha:

roll on my dating scan now so I can see if I’m right :haha:

Think they always use a 28 day cycle with ovulation on day 14 .

U will get ure official due date a ure 12 weeks dating scan hon so I wudnt worry about it to much at the moment.
Also at ure private scan they will tell u how far u are. But that can all change at the dating scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->