*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

We plan to BLW. As she's BF it'll be easier because she's got the chewing reflex sussed, so it seems like the right way to go. I'll not be feeding her anything before 6 months and after then, we'll see how we go... she's a nosy thing and loves watching us eat as it is. :lol:

Nic, :haha: at the "allowed" bit

Im not sure what Im going to do yet

Well hubby is still at the hospital now waiting for an x-ray. :o(

Well his foot is't broken thankfully he just needs to rest it for a week, so he'll have to swim instead of running for a week!

...He got a few packages today...he let on that one of them is the new Final Fantasy game...uuurrrggghhhh it'll be nonstop for this week while he's resting!

Hope hubby is ok Charlie, would be annoying if he can't do the marathons after all the training.

Not sure how we'll be weaning yet, play it by ear I think, he's not even coordinated his hands to properly grab stuff yet so BLW wouldn't work for a while! It'll be nice to give him something to fill him up for longer, he's a little piggy lol

Doc was pretty useless imo, said he's got belly ache cos I'm eating spicy food. I do but I haven't for the past few days. She also said to give him a drink of water, another piece of advice the nhs contradict themselves on!

Lorna - Jake has that chair.

Faye - hope calpol works for Caleb.

SL - how Matthew's cold gets better soon.

Nic - lunch sounds fun, toddler-proofing isn't that easy though is it? There will have to be lots of changes in our living room, our niece seems to get everywher and into everything!

I just did the good old.. "walk around the room on your hands and knees and remove anything nice and pretty" :haha: So now my house looks bizarre and when OH gets home he's gonna wonder if I went mad .

Good think on hubbys foot Charlie. x
Noah is blooming constipated now! Suddenly let out the most awful scream and was inconsolable. Went over and realised he was smelly and checked nappy and his poo was rock hard. Poor baby. Helped him get rid and gave some cooled boiled water. He has gone to sleep now on the changing mat again,

JayDee - hope you get sorted soon. The water thing is a funny one with the differing views you get. I give it very infrequently, but it does help with tummy ache and the like. :hugs:

Jaydee, you mean the chair in my picture? Emilie loves it

Sorry the Dr was useless :hugs::hugs:

Nic, Aw bless him :( I hope the cooled boiled water helps :hugs:

Not sure how we'll be weaning yet, play it by ear I think, he's not even coordinated his hands to properly grab stuff yet so BLW wouldn't work for a while! It'll be nice to give him something to fill him up for longer, he's a little piggy lol

I could have written that lol!

Weaning scares the hell out of me not entirely sure about baby led weaning need to read up on it more. I got the tesco's baby and toddler club booklet through and there was a section on weaning in it by the woman annabel K. Sounds really good and Tesco's online have her books a good bit cheaper than anywhere else :) So gonna buy the right through to toddler guide and the 100 finger food idea's for the fun of it and to get some ideas now and stuff!

Gosh having to baby proof and buy highchair etc that's whats coming next for all of us! I hope I'm moved out before then dont think could get the place baby proofed properly with my brothers and their mess everywhere (im a clean freak) :wacko:

Matthew has finally went for a nap first nap all afternoon he's been pretty wingy today but the cold seems to be clearing up ok.

Chuck- Final fantasy game :rofl: you wont hear a peep from him for a week lol

Jaydee - I find some of the doctors completly useless and they often contradict themselves as well. I can just see it when it comes to weaning...my hv seems to be the type where i'll be left to it and she'll be then go on at me if he piles on weight having milk and food :dohh:

Faye - Hope the calpol works ok. When he hits 3 months you can use baby nurofen it's suppossed to work better and quicker. Im worried about using it on Matthew though because it contains asprin and there's family allergies there.

Nic- lucky you on getting cleaning done! Every time I manage to get cleaned and tidied my brothers wreak the place again. Their bedroom is disgusting :rofl:

Femme- Do you find that a lot of people give you grief if you even mention the 6month recommended age for weaning :growlmad: It drives me insane seeing people's smug faces as they say oh just you wait til he's getting up in the night and you'll be running out and buying baby rice to give him at 4 months or earlier. Really pisses me off. lol

Lorna - your avatar of Emilie is so cute with her eating the teether :rofl: Matthew goes mental over his teethers trying to keep them in his mouth and he loves licking his teddy's face :haha:

Sweetlullaby, :haha: Emilie does that too

I also got the tesco thing through the post this morning, hipp sent me samples the other day & cow & gate sent me money off coupons :wacko::haha:

Well his foot is't broken thankfully he just needs to rest it for a week, so he'll have to swim instead of running for a week!

...He got a few packages today...he let on that one of them is the new Final Fantasy game...uuurrrggghhhh it'll be nonstop for this week while he's resting!

Oh no... my poor OH was waiting for the postie today only to find that his preordered final fantasy hadn't arrived! Where did he order it from?

Femme- Do you find that a lot of people give you grief if you even mention the 6month recommended age for weaning :growlmad: It drives me insane seeing people's smug faces as they say oh just you wait til he's getting up in the night and you'll be running out and buying baby rice to give him at 4 months or earlier. Really pisses me off. lol

Nobody has really asked yet, but they think I'm a crazy hippy as it is :haha: The 4 month growth spurt is a killer but stick to your guns if it's important to you xxx

Sweetlullaby, it really annoys me when peope say "oh your not allowed to do this & that or oh you have to do this/your LO should be doing this" I think some people forget that every parent does things differently & not every baby is the same

hi all
caleb is till sleeping but will be up soon for a bottle. the calpol is helping but i will see how he goes in the night because thats when he coughs the most.
i dont kow when i will wean tbh i will just see how it goes. my dad is already on about giving him tea when he's bit older but dont really want him to. ( hope thats not to fussy). not yet any way.
we are trying to eat better so when i cook i can mash the food up and try caleb up on it when he's ready.
not done much just been to shops and relaxed with oh cos he is back to work tomorow.
charlie- glad your husband hasn't broken foot. i just leave oh to on xbox we still talk when he's on it so i dont mind and i'm normaly talking and playing with caleb when he's up.
sl- we got given a high chair so im lucky there but its going to be funny seeing the mess everywhere.
hope everyone is ok xx

Oh no... my poor OH was waiting for the postie today only to find that his preordered final fantasy hadn't arrived! Where did he order it from?

shopto

apparently they tend to ship a day earlier than other places...says ther smug guy at the end of the sofa!

Eek we've put Dewi upstairs in his crib and put the monitor on...never actually done that before!! When he sleeps in the evening he's either slept on the sofa or in his bouncer.

caleb seemed tired so because im in lounge and oh is in bed with headache ive just gone and got moses basket. i have snuggled him up and give hime his dummy cos it helps him drift and also put his jungle noise on. so for 5 mins he was just drifting off but now he is just lying there gurgling and looking at ceeling. its funny when they just lie there and makes noises xx

Charlie, aw :hugs::hugs: It was hard when we first did that :hugs:

Faye, :haha: it is funny isnt it?

Were pretty quiet on here today, I hope everyone is ok :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back