*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

oooh Elski, your poor OH. Hope he is ok :hugs:
Faye I did my first year of Pediatric nursing on a Diploma course. I passed it all but had to drop out as couldn't cope with long hours, study and looking after James. I was a single mum so had to juggle childcare ! I wish you loads of luck because it is a brilliant experience!
:happydance:

:wave: evening ladies!!! Wow what a day!!!

Got Matthew and myself all ready to go and it was raining and friend phoned to ask could i just come round to her house because she couldn't find the raincover for her pram so me and matthew gave ourselves an hour to get there....i really dont know why its a 25 min walk :rofl:

And for the first time since Matthew was 6 days old seen FOB. I walked past the garage and he looked up at me (didnt even look at the pram at all) then turned and faced the wall. I guess that says it all doesn't it? Well it's his loss he doesn't even know what his own son looks like properly iykwim.

But other than that had a lovely day! We nattered on about everything had dominoes for lunch :happydance: talked about our LO's it was scary i cant believe that matthew was that size at one point!lol her LO is a wee dote and so light and cute!!! her HV came out and she's my HV as well so she is actually going to give us the baby and toddler club lists and there's one on every day so we've decided we're going to go to all of them to see which one's we like :rofl: and once her LO has her jabs we can take them swimming :)

I felt kinna bad though we were talking and she asked me how do you know all this stuff etc and i was like errrrm dunno books and the net :blush: didn't wanna mention here coz it's kinna my own wee place even though she has LO as well :blush:

But awwwk it was such a nice day and walking home the sun was setting and it was warm and really nice evening iykwim really put me in a better mood after seeing FOB!

HUGS Elski, hope things work out and the surgery isnt too stressful! What does he do to keep damaging his back?

Glad you had a good day in the end lullaby!

Morning all.

This is the third time I've tried to reply (stupid phone kept opening new windows and deleting what I'd written when I went back!)

Jake decided to wake up loads in the night so I'm a bit tired. He's gone back to sleep now but kept me awake just long enough that I was wide awake and wanted breakfast. Hoping it's just a growth spurt because he seemed to be consistent with only one night feed for a couple of weeks before that.

Chuck - :hugs: to your friend, must be awful after all that time, esp if they have a kid.

Faye - good luck with your college interview, nursing sounds too much like hard work for me, but I'm sure it's really rewarding too.

Elski - hope yout OH is better soon, how did he hurt himself?

SL - I know what you mean about not remembering when your baby was that small/helpless. With my friend's baby it was I can't remember him ever being that floppy rather than small, given you'd probably describe Jake as a dot (is that what you said) even now. Sounds like you're better off without FOB if he can't even be bothered to say hello, or look at, his own son.

Oh, and the power of persuasion worked - I made banana bread cake last night :)

OOOhhhh i like banana cake !!! lol

Definately better off without him! Thanks.

I just realised i called friend's LO "her" instead of his lol :dohh:

Jaydee - hope you can grab some rest today lol called him a wee dote :) I know it was so weird seeing her LO all floppy and supporting his neck etc and Matthew sitting on my knee with very little support! Though her LO has bigger feet than Matthew was funny they kept eyeing each other up :rofl:

Elski - :hugs: hope OH is ok how did he hurt himself?:wacko: hope he isnt in too much pain!

How is everyone?:)

hi everyone x caleb had an extra bottle yesterday and he slept 10 til 5 so i'm seeing if we can do the same again. I've just been really lazy today. Oh gets paid tomorrow and we are going to town so hopefully i will be able to have a new coat and i think oh wanted to go to elc and get caleb something x hope lo's are all ok x

Decided to go out rather than try and rest, he decided he wanted feeding so went to tesco cafe, just get him feeding nicely and fire alarm, full place has to be evacuated! Not easy with a baby half way thru a feed, luckily he wasn't too upset, just confused. Luckily my car was in the car park so finished the feed on the back seat. I wouldn't mind but it was a false alarm, think they must have a dodgy sensor cos it went off again when i went back to my (now cold) cup of tea in the cafe.

Hope everyond else is having a better day than me x

Has anyone left their LO for a day yet? Its my birthday next week and OH wanted to take my away overnight and asked my mum to have LO but I vetoed that and said I would go away for the day and leave vincent with my mum, definately wouldn't be enjoying my birthday leaving him for the first time about 3 hours is the max time ive been away from him when OH takes him to MILs or my mum takes him for a walk :lol:

He did it snowboarding this time - you know what boys and their toys are like (the other two times were skateboarding 15yrs ago and snowboarding 6yrs ago)! He's been saying things like "Oh I hope this doesn't mean I won't be able to snowboard any more" :dohh: If I even so much as broke a nail snowboarding, I wouldn't go again :winkwink:

How's everyone doing today?

SL - FOB sounds like a complete twat who's not even worthy of yours or Matthews time. You're so much better than that :hugs:

JD - how was the banana bread? Sounds lurrrrrvely!

Faye - Congrats on Calebs long sleep!

Charlie, Femme & Lorna - How you girls doing?

Nic - I've become obsessed with looking at bridal gowns for some bizarre reason... I blame you! :winkwink:

Ah had a lovely afternoon taking over the BHS restaurant with a few of the girls I met at baby group was nice to get out and chat!

Now I'm making meatballs while Hubby drives around picking up compost bins for the garden and the allotment we were given on freecycle! Saved us a lot of money thank you freecycle!

:wohoo: Way to go wit freecycle freebies Chuck!

Matthew has been sleeping sice 4.30pm! :wacko: Yesterday he went from 11am til 5.30pm with NO nap think it was too interestin being in someone elses house and seeing another baby! So maybe he's making up for it today?

Snowboarding :wacko: Typical man! lol

JD- you should send us a piece of your banana bread in the post i'd happily sample it :rofl:

Hardly anyone has been on today lol :wave: How is everyone?

Sweetlullaby, Im sorry you seen FOB & he acted that way your right it says it all its his loss Matthew is gorgoues :flower:

Jaydee, Im not to keen on bananas but I like alittle banana cake :D Im sorry Jake woke loads in the night & tonight is better :hugs: Arg at the fire aarm Im glad Jake wasnt too upset & you finished the feed off in the car :hugs:

Faye, How are you doing? can you beleive next week Caleb wil be 4 months old? :wacko:

Elizabeth, men :dohh: I hope OH is doing ok? How are you?

Charlie, :happydance: on saving money, How are you?

:wave:

How is everyone?

Were doing good :flower:

it's scary isn't it lorna how it only seems 5 mins since we had them. I'm fine thanks how are you and emilie? I think i will get caleb weighed next week then i think the week after it's his next lot of jabs x

Faye, were doing great thanks :flower: It doesnt seem 5 minutes does it? :wacko:

We have Emilies jabs Tuesday

4 months!!! Blimey Dewi hits 3 months this weekend, I forget how much difference there is between these stars sometimes!! Mind you soon enough weeks wont mean anything and they'll on a par!

Hope Emilies jabs go ok Lorna, I see the HV monday looking forward to getting monster weighed!

Weird, we had meatballs for tea last night too, dh made them though.

If I could send you cake over the internet you could all have a piece, not sure a picture of the half a cake we've got left will be impressive though.

Jake slept much better last night, back to just one feed. He's not 3 months till next week, but he was v nearly a january baby.

Elski - i broke my nail bowling and it put me off going again! My dh broke something, shoulder/arm/collar bone i don't know on a motorbike when he was younger, but still got another bike a couple of years ago. Pleased to say he's not riding it at the min though, just in case.

SL - Jake slept quite a bit yesterday too, think he was making up for the past couple of days when he hasn't napped so much or slept as much at night.

Hope everyone has a nice day x

^^^ I never noticed Jake was actually younger than Dewi! When was he born? Dewi was dragged out on the 27th (10 days late *shakes fist*)

Well a weird night for him last night, went to bed at 8:30, had a bottle at 11:30 left about an ounce in it, back to his crib, awake at 2am and fussy so changed his nappy and gave him that last ounce (bad mummy I know it had been out over an hour blah blah blah) back to his crib but once again at 3:30/4am he started to fuss and thrash about but fell asleep as soon as I picked him up and cry as soon as I let him go so in bed with me asleep until 5am when he really started stirring but we stayed in bed until half six.

He finally had another bottle just after 7!!

So hopefully he's realising he doesn't need to eat every 3 hours over night but he's still accustomed to waking so is fussing a bit but hopefully that'll settle down a bit.

Busy busy day today, MIL is coming down ready to take care of Dewi while we're in London for my birthday so I have been given a list of jobs to do - funny he insists the house is spick and span for his Ma but doesn't give a toss about it when my Ma and her fella or my Dada and his wife come to visit!!!

Jake decided to come out on 30th Dec, also 10 days late.

And yey Dewi, hopefully he is realising that you'll feed him whenever he wakes up rather than having to wake up at 3 hours intervals.

Hope you have a nice day doing housework!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->