*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

Another awful night, he woke so many times and wouldn't go back down.

I am so fed up of this. I went to bed at 9:30 up at 6:30 but there was probably only 5 hours of sleep but broken sleep, very broken.

He always ends up in bed with me so I can get a little sleep...its the nursery tonight, hoping not hearing us will help him sleep, he sleeps better before we go to bed.

Hi Lorna, i am good thanks, How are you?
Oh Charlie. :hugs: No sleep is so hard hun. Maybe being in the nursery will help, Noah definately sleeps better without us there. xx

Charlie, Im sorry you had a rough night I hope being in his own room helps Dewi sleep better :hugs::hugs:

Nic, Im good thanks :flower:

How is everyone?

Well I put him down for a nap in the nursery about 15 minutes ago...I tihnk he's starting to stir already.

That'll be only 25 mins asleep today on top of a bad nights sleep...well done Son.

:hugs: Chuck I hope Dewi settled down and slept better this afternoon for you :hugs:

Lorna - im loving the avatar with Emilie and her teddies :haha: its like she's shocked she's allowed them all in one go lol again I want to steal some of her lovely hair!

Hope everyone is ok! Was shopping today and bought myself some nice longish vest tops for under cardigans didn't realise how few plainer tops I had! Most are more dressy tops :dohh:

Don't know if all of you's have seen my post in GS but Im still posting but just generally :flower:

Well I went out to see a friend and he slept from 2 till half 5, has only just gone to sleep...in the nursery!!

Wish us luck!

sl. Saw your post in gs, shame whats happened. I'm sure you will be popping in here. Wondered why your picture had changed x charlie hope dewi sleeps for you. I put caleb to bed about an hour ago but he was kicking and talking to himself lol. He,s asleep now, should wake up about 5am . We are off to somerset at 8.30 will get there about 11 so will probably have to stop for a bottle. I have bumped his bottles up to 7oz now because he was draining 6oz and wanting more x hope everyone is ok and has a good weekend x

dewi has just gone up to 6oz...hoping that helps the sleeping too, have fun in somerset!

thanks. I'm sure my grandparents will have something either funny to say or annoying especially if caleb cries. I'm dreading it. Last time i had the comment of, "you've put alot of weight on, i wouldn't of recognised you in the street. " that was what my grandad said and told me he had to rock caleb because he was waking up yet he was sleeping. X my grandma is ok but i worry what my grandad will say next x

Family's eh? lol

Chuck - fingers crossed Dewi sleeps for you better in the nursery! :)

I know Im really annoyed about it but hoping its pure coincidence and that I can post properly again!

OMG There are "New" December stars.... They are Decembers Dreamers. Where has time gone. this time last year we were in 1st Tri :flower:

lol yeah I got knocked up on my birthday last year...no chance this year thanks IUD!! I NEVER want a xmas baby again, it added to the horrific experience in hospital.

Well the nursery didnt work to make him sleep, he went down at 9, woke up at 10pm, 10:30pm (had bottle) 11:45pm, a whole bunch of times before 2pm (I lost count) had a bottle at 3ish, woke up a couple more times and then I gave in and brought him into bed as I was exhausted.

Effing marvellous, and I'm not jumping at the first whimper he has to really be crying and I left him a few times to see if he would settle but he didnt.

What can I do??

I'm at my wits end I really am!

:hugs:

I don't know what to suggest. I just think he will get there but thats no help to you. Hopefully someone else might have some better ideas.
Is he waking for comfort rather that food? Does he sleep a lot in the day? xxx

Who knows what he wakes for, sometimes he'll go back down after a hug, others he'll feed others he'll refuse milk but not go back down.

During the day he'll nap all over yesterday i got maybe 2 10 min naps until after 2 hen he slept for nearly 3 hours while I was in town. But every day is different. Hoping nursery help, more of a routine with day times the same.

Who knows what he wakes for, sometimes he'll go back down after a hug, others he'll feed others he'll refuse milk but not go back down.

During the day he'll nap all over yesterday i got maybe 2 10 min naps until after 2 hen he slept for nearly 3 hours while I was in town. But every day is different. Hoping nursery help, more of a routine with day times the same.

Do you go out everyday? I try and stay in a bit because I find Noah has a 1/2hour nap after every feed and this means he gets over all about 2 hours and everything goes to pot if we are out and he sleeps for hours.

I was reading a thread in here the other day called Sleep Sense support and some mummies had been having sleep issues and we combating them with this Sleep Sense. Maybe have a read hun.

:hugs:

Chuck, I think instead of focusing on getting him to sleep thru the night, focus on getting him to have at least 2 decent naps during the day, sleep promotes sleep, so if he sleeps well during the day he WILL start to sleep well at night. Even if it means you going out in the pram twice a day to get him to nap or whatever makes him sleep, Ava has a nap about 2 hours after she wakes, so she woke at 10am and will be asleep in 30mins or an hour. she will then sleep for about 40mins maybe longer, in the afternoon she tends to have 2 naps, one around 2 and one around 5, and they can last as long as 2 hours sometimes, but on the days she didnt nap well, like injection day n stuff, she doesnt sleep as well at night. So try to get him napping better in the day, then the nighttime sleep will just happen. x

:hugs: chuck i would say try what claire suggested with the naps during the day :hugs: Does he have a dummy? that might work during the night i.e if he wakes go straight to him put a dummy in and see if he'll take it then drifts over to sleep... though sometimes its a case of riding it out :( you are an amazing mummy for having managed over 3 months with lack of sleep :hugs:

I seen the Dec dreamers thread as well that is scary :rofl: this time last year wow!!

hope all the LO's are ok im eating pringles for breakfast :rofl:

I dont go out every day but he will nap it just varies wildly how much he'll nap for. He had a bout half an hour earlier in his cot.

He does take a dummy but that very rarely gets him back to sleep on it's own.

I'm sooo tired.

As nice as it'd be I dont have to have him sleeping through I just need to get him to be more settled and stop waking so darned often!

I left vincent for the first time yesterday, he was staring at me for ages when we got back, so cute :D

Vincent has a 30 min nap in the morning then usually a 1 hour then 2 hour one in the afternoon and evening and eventhough he still wakes up in the night its only for milk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->