*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

:hugs:charlie. i hope dewi has a routine soon. does he suffer from any wind in the night?
Caleb is really bad for sleeps in the day i have to either take him out or rock him whilst walking. I was at my grandparents today and just as i was about to eat dinner he was crying because he was tired so my dad had him but that made him cry more. my dad wouldnt give him to me at first but then realised i could get caleb to sleep. i know he was only trying to help but i hate seeing him cry.:cry:
I didnt even know i was pregnant yet not until 27th april. then the 22nd may i had a dating scan because of my diabetes. He was so small:wacko:
caleb is 4months old today but corrected age only 3months and 6 days.
Hope everyone is ok xx

Charlie, Im sorry Dewi didnt settle well in the nursery :hugs::hugs: I realy dont know what to suggest either maybe try what claire said :hugs:

Sweetlullaby, How are you? I havent seen your post as we have been to DHs parents but I will go & look :hugs:

Faye, How are you? Can you beleive Caleb is 4 months today? :wacko:

Nic, I know :wacko: how time flies I cant beleive people are due in December already again, How are you?

:wave:

How is everyone?

hi lorna im fine thanks. where is time going? we have his last injections 14th april ye. i think i might take him swimming soon x are you ok ,how is emilie?

He doesnt suffer from wind much anymore ...he still burps but trapped wind doesnt seem to bother him

I've wrapped him up in a sheet rather than blanket to see if he was getting too warm and waking up perhaps.

I managed to get him to fall asleep in his cot a couple of times today and tonight so hopefully with some perseverance he will learn to settle himself at night.

Emilies photos' are lovely on FB Lorna...I'm still in awe of all her hair!

Faye, I know time really is flying isnt it? :wacko: I was thinking of taking Emilie swimming soon too, Were doing good went up to DHs parents yesterday came back today, Im doing good thanks :flower:

Charlie, I hope Dewi sleeps for you :hugs: Thanks :flower: everyone says that about her hair :haha: How are you?

tired very tired thanks...I got maybe 4 hours last night and he only had short 20 minute naps today!!! Little bugger.

Hopefully will be better tonight....please please please let him be better tonight!!!

Trying to make a few plans to enjoy my kast 2 weeks off before back to work full time.

Dewi has his first taster time at nursery on tuesday!! EEP! I'm sure he'll love it as he's so sociable.

Hubby has picked up another virus and has been popping non stop for a couple days but has terrible abdominal pains to go with it..he's been doubled over grunting a lot today. So I guess it'll be my turn in a few days...joy.

Charlie, I really hope Dewi sleeps for you tonight :hugs:

Oh no thats not good :hugs::hugs:

Well I really am hoping that now he's getting bigger and I've upped his bottles to 6oz combined with me trying to teach him to self settle and his days will soon have more routine thanks to going to nursery will help matters.

If not I may die of stoopoidity due to lack of sleep lol!

Charlie, I really hope upping Dewi's bottles helps :hugs:

Well he had a bottle at 5:30, bath and ready for bed a couple hours later - was expecting him to stay awake til next bottle but he was very sleepy, so put him in his cot awake and he fell asleep in there with me just giving him a pat and his dummy!

Woke at 11:30 for a bottle back to sleep easily in his cot again just dummy and a pat.

Then he woke 3 times between 2am and 3am but went back down - used a bottle of cooled boiled water to see if he was hungry - he wasn't so when he cried I left him a couple minutes he carried on so went in picked him up and when he quietened down put him down...had to do this 3 separate times in that hour.

But then lo and behold he woke up at 5:30am in his cot!! w00t!!

I was so chuffed but I did want a little longer so I cuddled him in bed for a little bit before we got up.

If we can do this most nights I'll be happy, just need to get rid of that 2am waking for me to be one happy mamma!

Just have to persevere on getting him to self settle.

Ah Easter Sunday...nothing to do all day because everything is shut. Canterbury completely shuts for Easter its rubbish, mind you there's not much I could do really seeing as Hubby is still ill, bless him.

Happy Easter :flower:

Charlie, thats great :flower: Hopefully Dewi will drop the 2am feed soon :D

Morning

How is everyone?

I hope you all had a great Easter :flower:

hi lorna hope your all ok x we are fine thanks . Caleb is on 7 oz bottles now and has 5 a day. Did you go any where yesterday. We had a lazy day. No plans for today. I sorted through calebs clothes and he had loads of 0-3 his wardrobe seems empty now x hope everyone and los are ok x

Morning. :flower: I am good thanks Lorna, how are you?

Hope you're all well. OH is taking Noah out visiting relatives today so i can gut the house and Iron. Haven't had a chance to do a big clean for ages and it's killing me :haha:

x x

Faye, Im glad you good :flower: How is caleb?

Nic, Im glad your good :flower: How are Noah & James? how are the wedding plans coming along? Have fun cleaning :haha:

caleb is doing fine lorna. Sleeping 8/9 til 5.30 then has an hour then decides its playtime x

Hiya everyone :hugs: hope everyone's had a nice Easter weekend!

Charlie I'm glad Dewi slept better for you. Hopefully this is the beginning of better nights. I think encouraging them to self soothe really helps. Skyla has always been quite good at settling herself if she stirs a bit-think the mistake I have made is when she wakes at 4/4.30 for a feed I put her in bed with me. Now of course she won't go back in her cot when she wakes because she thinks its time to come into Mummy's bed!

I can't believe there are December 2010 ladies already!! Makes me a bit sad. This time last year I didn't know I was pregnant. I found out April 15th when I was nearly 2 weeks late (just didn't think it was possible!!).

Skyla has suddenly gone from hating tummy time to absolutely loving it :happydance: She even cries when I turn her back over and the twice she rolled onto her back herself.

:hugs: everyone x x x

Faye, thats great about Caleb sleeping :flower:

inxsmhpy, I know I cant beleive that was us last year :wacko: How are you? thats great about Skylar loving tummy time now & rolling :happydance:

Hiya Lorna, I'm good thanks, got some time to myself and don't know what to do!!! Can you believe our babies are 4 months already??

Forgot to say before Faye, how well Caleb sleeps bless him :thumbup: If Skyla would only go until 5.30 that would be brill (she did the week before last and sometimes til 6 too)!

does anyone elses lo watch you when your eating? Caleb was doing it yesterday watching every move . I'm hoping he will last another 2months then start giving him food slowly. Im going to speak to hv soon because he is wanting a bottle nearly every 2hours and its 7oz x i know it wont be for another 4 weeks because he was 4 weeks early x it will be fun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->