*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

Oh Nic that cant be easy poor Noah, hope he's put on some weight!

Ohhh Nic - :hugs: That really doesn't sound easy! Hope Noah has put on some weight this week for you :flower: Is it reflux or do you's not know? Poor wee man :(

Femme - Yup havn't changed a bit with waiting on my lovely friend mr postie....maybe I should ask him his name today seeing as he's at my house so much :rofl: though I really need to stop buying stuff :dohh: I have a built in dvd player on my tv and its on the blip :wacko: I could do with a new tv....but I have a wii that I could probably play dvds off so its not a matter of urgency though I do need a new tv aerial badly :rofl:

Chuck - Hows things going with Dewi and nights? I hope you're getting some sleep :hugs:

How is everyone? xx

Well he seems fine in his own room and it means I dont feed him in bed and fall asleep with him lol.

So far its been something along the lines of...

6ish bottle
8ish bed after a bath - put in cot awake but with me giving him a pat till he drifts off
10ish bottle back in cot
2ish bottle back in cot
6/7ish awake

BUT there are a few other wakings sometimes and I have to go in quick cuddle, back down awake and a few pats maybe dummy till he goes off again.

Tired but finding it better.

Sounds like Dewi is getting there! Good boy :hugs::happydance:

Yeah I hope he has put weight on. HV said might be reflux, but seems strange that it only started about 3 weeks ago. I had reflux as a baby and was on gaviscon. We might go on Friday and be surprised but he doesn't seem to have gotten any bigger.

SL _I am desperate for a widescreen TV, but I have a really old one and it works fne so OH said we can't waste money till it breaks. :haha: I keep willing it to break :rofl:

Nic, tha doesnt sound easy at all, poor mite I hope Noah has gained weight this week :hugs::hugs:

Charlie, Sounds like Dewi is getting there :flower: How are you? I read they were thinking of doign that with materinty in a mag while I was pregnant I really need to watch the TV more :haha: I wonder how many would do it?

Sweetlullaby, :haha: at buying stuff, How are you?

I think its great that paternity leave is getting better...it still sucks they can only get 2 weeks off with the mother, if the mother transfers her maternity leave to the father she has to be at work so they arent off at the same time.

aw nic hope noah puts on weight i had this problem with my ds1 but it didnt start till he was 6months old every thing he ate came stright back up, his weight went away down on the charts i found given him small feeds and often helped but its not ideal as i was constant feeding, instead of starting to ween noah i would ask your HV to look in to why he is being sick wish i had of done that with kian because as a 5 year old boy he is now a very fussy eater.:hugs:

sounds like dewi is getting there chuck cole dont go to bed till around 9-10pm i was putting him down at 8pm but he wouldnt settle, cole hardly sleeps during the day i can get nothing done lol :hugs:

lorna i was just looking at your pics on FB emilie is so cute i wish cole had as much hair my little man has hardly any hair lol :hugs:

SL hows your lil man doing? we have our 3rd jabs next tuesdsay not looking forward to that:hugs:

read a few of you talking abt ttc when i was pregnant with cole i said defo this would be the last and although i know i have 4 healthy kids 2girls and 2 boys i really shouldn't be having any more but i keep thinking aw one more:shrug: when and does this broody feeling ever leave us?
im of to do some house work cole is swinging away in his swing chair he is still not rolling over although if i leave him on his back on the floor 10mins later he will be in a diff direaction 2 i left him.

hi to all other mammys and babys hope your well :flower: Xx

Kit kat, Nice to see you :flower: How are you?

Emilie is 16Ibs 6 she only put on 6oz in 2 weeks :wacko: but as long as shes gaining & not losing Im happy but I spoke to the HV anyway who reasuured me that there was no concerns she said her weight is just leveling out as she was a big baby born, shes still on the 91st percentile

:wave:hi everyone x
nic hope noah puts some weight on this week not nice when they keep being sick.
lorna glad emilie is doing well ,:happydance:
charlie glad dewi is sleeping better i think caleb is having a growth spurt so his sleeping pattern is a little bit over the plaace at mo.
sl-my oh wants a laptop so he is trying to save but he likes to buy everything and is always waiting for mr postie:haha:
We have been to oh's mom for dinner, fish fingers and chips then we went to oh's dads to see him and his dog who just wanted to lick caleb:haha:.
im just trying to rock caleb asleep in his car seat but having no luck.:nope:
does anyone else have any pets ? how do they react to lo x

Hey everyone :hugs: just been to get Skyla weighed and I think she's put weight on for all the babies!! She's gained a pound and a half in 4 weeks so is now 14lb 7oz!!!! So i think I can assume the bad week I had with her was indeed a growth spurt. I was shocked even though I can see how much bigger shes getting-she had gone down to the 50th line but is now between it and the 75th like she was at birth...bless her my not so little LO :haha:

Hope everyone is well :hugs:

inxsmhpy, :happydance: wtg Skylar

Faye, we have a cat he doesnt bother with Emilie at all, Im glad you had a good day :flower:

Hi all

Nic - hope Noah has put on some weight this week, is he ok in himself?

Charlie - Dewi's sleep sounds a lot better, hope it will continue to improve.

Lorna - Jake only ever puts on 6-7oz in 2 weeks but he is about 2nd percentile so that's what he's expected to do - I can see he's developing every week so I'm happy.

Claire - forgot to say before yey on the car, MOT lasts 12m, tax can be 6 or 12m.

I'd swap some of my maternity leave with DH, I earn lots more than him so it'd make sense, will have to see what happens if we have another one.

Been shopping today and got Jake more clothes, and a gazebo so he can play in the garden, just need the sun now.... please...

im doing well thanks lorna just finished the house work and dinner i feel like i never get a min, 16lb 6oz thats a good weight as you say as long as emilie is gaining thats the main thing

pink i have 2 cats but they never get in the house and when they do manage to get past the door they sit and look at cole as if to say aw naw another one lol

inxsmhpy weldone on the weight gain cole was 14lb 7oz last week i think he is going through a growth sprut as well

:hugs:

All these good weight gains well done babbas!

we have a cat - a crazy one...
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs295.ash1/22231_277940612550_689167550_3854780_2338149_n.jpg

he's a devon rex and full of crazy! he doesnt bother with Dewi much.

Charlie, Aw he is gorgeous :flower: How did nursery go?

Heres ours his name is willow, his a grumpy old man :haha:

Attachments

• herbs002.jpg
    herbs002.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1
this is our german shephard alfie x

Attachments

• Alf.jpg
    Alf.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 0
Nursery was ok it was mostly just filling in paperwork - permission to take photos, take him for walks, wear sunscreen - or he cant go outside, immunisation record, any allergies/medical problems, food/sleeping patterns etc etc

We need to provide photos of us and passwords for when we collect him, we have to provide sunscreen but it cant have almond oil in (to prevent allergic reactions in other kids), they're happy for Dewi to be in re-useable nappies.

We went through their key worker and contact book system - Dewi will be looked after by 1 key person and they fill in a book everyday detailing his feeds/nappy changes/sleep and activities for the day - obviously as he gets older that includes more of the play curriculum, they'll record any milestones and try to take photos as often as they can so I can see what he's been up to.

Its seems nice enough there, I'd say the staff are 50:50 really want to work with kids because they love them and the other half the younger girls who 'wanna work in a nursery innit' lol but I think you'd get that any where!

We go back on Friday so I can leave him for an hour, then next week I leave him for a couple hours so his key worker can suss him out a bit before having him all day and so he gets a little introduction to them.

I dont want to leave him there as he'll be the youngest and about the only one that isn't crawling/walking, and bearing in mind its 1 person to 3 kids he might end up sat in a bouncer while they chase around after the mobile ones.

argh.

But I really have no choice. He has to go and I have to work. I'm hoping seeing the other kids be mobile will help him get mobile quickly, babies learn well through copying so hopefully he'll acquire new skills quickly.

I'm hoping seeing the other kids be mobile will help him get mobile quickly, babies learn well through copying so hopefully he'll acquire new skills quickly.

I think that is normally how it works, he'll be up and off in no time. I'm sure he'll get used to not having one on one attention all the time too, and will love it more when he does get it from you after work/weekends/holidays.

Hope he gets one that loves kids not an "innit" one :hugs:

I HAVE to go back to work full time too, so I'll be the same as you, and Jake's gonna be staying with family or DH.

Charlie, sounds like the nursery is nice :hugs::hugs:

How is everyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back