*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

oh and i bought a baby and toddler meal planner book today to from asda and was only £3. It has a rough guide what to start of with then what meals and how many as they get older plus is has the recipes to. I just wanted something to help me when we start. Its all new and scary to me x

Charlie, Im sorry you had another rough night :hugs: I hope Dewi sorts out a routine soon :hugs: Im glad you had a good day :flower:

Leanne, How are you? I hope Molly sorts a routine out soon too :hugs:

Faye, How are you?

The weirdest thing is... she has a great routine! It's just back to front! haha...

She self settles, sleeps quite well most nights (except when she's having a hungry day) and wakes when she's ready for the day all smiles and singing. It's just a case of keeping this great routine, but gradually moving it back so we don't ruin or change it at all. It's working, just very slowly! :D

Otherwise, we're all fine thanks! We had a lovely walk to/through the park today to enjoy the weather! Molly's first day out without a snowsuit. It got a bit chilly later on and she was in her carrier so OH zipped up his jacket around her :D Was verrry cute!

How are you? How are all the babies? Anybody getting stuck into weaning yet?

We're hoping to hold out to 6 months but we can already see how interested she is so when the time comes I think she'll enjoy it quite a lot! It must be so weird for them, new tastes and flavours!

x

Just a really quick question as my mind has gone blank. When you girls who have started weaning what meal did you start on. I think we gave James baby rice at evening meal time but I can't remember. Still not sure if I am weaning yet or not. Just want to get my plans in place!

Leanne, sounds like Molly is doing great :flower: Im glad your fine & enjoying the weather :flower: Ive started Emilie on alittle bit I thought she was ready so tried her :D

Nic, I started with baby rice :flower: How are you?

Faye, Im glad Caleb is doing well :flower: everything Emilie does makes me laugh her facial expressions are just so funny :haha: she can sit unaided for about 20 seconds now :wacko: I cant beleive how fast they are growing!

Morning all.

Charlie - read to the end.... Jake went to sleep at 10pm last night, straight after a feed. He only woke up once in the night, and slept till 8am - problem was he was awake from 2.45-5am! Awkward little monkey just didn't wanna sleep after feeding. Oh, and he puked all over himself and me - good times (I don't think).

I've not got any baby rice yet but would like to try it soon, milk just doesn't seem enough for him at the min somehow.

Nic - I was told to try it first at breakfast/mid morning just in case it unsettles him but I'd be interested to see what others say.

Faye - I've got a baby meal book too, my friend got me it a while ago. I got Jake a tigger coat/tracksuit top from asda for summer - cute.

Got to take my car to the garage again today, then going to my friend's for a cup of tea - rock and roll :)

Thanks. I wasn't gonna do baby rice, but the HV said just use it for a couple of days to get him used to spoon etc.
I was think mid morning too. is that the time you do Lorna?
I am good ta, hope you all well? xx

Nic, I only did babyrice for a couple days than I tried alittle apple which Emilie loves I give it at it to 10/11am :flower:

Jaydee, sorry your havng to take the car to the garage again :hugs: How are you? Have fun today :flower:

Nic, I only did babyrice for a couple days than I tried alittle apple which Emilie loves I give it at it to 10/11am :flower:

Jaydee, sorry your havng to take the car to the garage again :hugs: How are you? Have fun today :flower:
Thanks! I shall have a thinky. :thumbup::flower:

We got some babyrice, will try just a teaspoon in Dewi's bottles at night try to keep him a little more full...mind you most things you read say baby rice keeping them asleep is bull...worth a go I reckon though.

We got that toddler/baby meal planner from asda too..good for ideas.

HV would really tell me off for even thinking about weaning yet, NOT UNTIL 6 months blah blah blah just like she told me not to even think about a sleep routine or sleeping more than a couple hours a time until 6 months.

I'm kinda sad that I'll miss most of the weaning as he'll always be in bloody nursery mid morning so they'll be giving him most of his first solids. huff.

We got some babyrice, will try just a teaspoon in Dewi's bottles at night try to keep him a little more full...mind you most things you read say baby rice keeping them asleep is bull...worth a go I reckon though.

We got that toddler/baby meal planner from asda too..good for ideas.

HV would really tell me off for even thinking about weaning yet, NOT UNTIL 6 months blah blah blah just like she told me not to even think about a sleep routine or sleeping more than a couple hours a time until 6 months.

I'm kinda sad that I'll miss most of the weaning as he'll always be in bloody nursery mid morning so they'll be giving him most of his first solids. huff.

Charlie. There is a massive risk of choking putting baby rice in a bottle. Obviously it is up to you, but it is best to give a little off a spoon :hugs: xx

But that wouldnt work for the dream feeds we're doing, I dont know we're just trying things to see if anything works even if its only a couple nights.

Afternoon ladies! Hope babies and mummies are well.

I see you are all stocking up on baby rice etc. I've been thinking about when to start weaning coz atm Lana is gulping down 8oz of hungry baby formula at every feed and she still seems hungry sooner. Hopefully its just down to a growth spurt and wont last!

Charlie, I can somewhat sympathise with your sleeping situation now. Lana went to bed at usual time of 8.30pm last night and was then awake at 12am, 2.30am, 3.30am, 5am, 5.15am (yes, she fell asleep for 15 mins :hissy:), 6am, then got her up for the day at 6.30am (normally 7.30)...she didnt want feeding or anything, just wanted her bloomin' dummy. Might have to start thinking about taking that away soon :(

Charlie, I can somewhat sympathise with your sleeping situation now. Lana went to bed at usual time of 8.30pm last night and was then awake at 12am, 2.30am, 3.30am, 5am, 5.15am (yes, she fell asleep for 15 mins :hissy:), 6am, then got her up for the day at 6.30am (normally 7.30)...she didnt want feeding or anything, just wanted her bloomin' dummy. Might have to start thinking about taking that away soon :(

Sounds like Dewi's normal night.

Sounds like Dewi's normal night.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: How is the dream feeding going?

The first night was a fluke every other night he'd been waking just as much.

I did manage not to have to go in a few time last night by playing the lullabys on his monitor a couple times.

I've got a new HV and I mentioned to her this morning about him not seeming so full after food and waking earlier in the night crying cos he's hungry and she actually suggested trying a little baby rice, just a spoon or 2 mid morning to see what he does. I was amazed, the other woman would have stuck to the text book - nice to see someone who is a bit more realistic about things. Might get some tomorrow and see what he does.

Had a nice day with my friend - her baby (4 weeks) is being a bit of a pain, won't sleep until the early hours. It was her first day alone with baby today and I think baby picked up on it and was playing up, crying, feeding all the time and wouldn't sleep even though she was obviously tired. She was asleep by the time I left though so hopefully she'll be ok now.

nic- i think we will try the baby rice for a few days then follow the meal planner roughly because i have no idea. I think he likes the taste of bannana so when he can have it i will mash it up for breakfast i think.:haha:
lorna- wow on emilie sitting up , caleb does about 5 but its funny because towards the end he slowly tilts forward but looks comfy. i think my friend is lending me one of those bumbo seats (not sure of proper name):happydance:
grrr i was annoyed today, we went to mil today and caleb was over tired so i was trying to rock him to sleep but no mil insisted she could get him to sleep:growlmad:i hate it when others butt in.
After 5 mins on his changing mat with his dummy he fell asleep for about 20 mins:thumbup:.we left at 2 and he's been asleep since. I think he is not having as much milk now to.
Caleb is going crazy with chewing his fists and the amount of time i am changing him:dohh:
Oh well its still nice and sunny, will be nice about july when i can take caleb and alfie over the field together:happydance:hope everyone is well xx

Sitting up well done! Dew kinda sits but he need a bit of help! We bought a bebepod seat (like a bumbo) so hoping that'll help.

He's chewing things like crazy...his hands, fingers anything he can pick up and cram in there lol, although he wasn't sure about the piece of carrot I gave him!!

The gas man is here now, we're off to clinic later then we have a landlord inspection...yay.

i've got docs today hopefully my blood count is back to normal from c-section. It's really sunny here . Just off to oh sisters today . Lazy day today x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->