*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

I'll let you know it's only been 2 days lol!

But last night I did get a good 4 hours straight sleep as he skipped his usual 2am onwards waking!

well another 2 hours and it's bottle time again. I will definately speak to hv tomorrow. I do want to leave weaning til 6 months if i can.

My HV didn't go mad at the suggestion of baby rice now, and Jake's 30 Dec so about Caleb's adjusted age, she actually said if he seems like he needs it then go with it, just don't push it. I'd like to wean a little bit early in case I find a job before he's 6 months - think it'll be easier for him to switch to formula from BF if he's eating bits of stuff too.

I went to see a recruitment consultant today about finding a new job so we'll see what she comes up with now she knows what I want.

Charlie/Faye - I have that cream you mentioned for my ezcema (sp?) - it does work quite well for clearing that up. Doc also gave me something called "double base" cream when I had dry skin on my hands just after I had Jake. It was really bad, the U.... cream wasn't doing it but this cleared it up in a couple of days. He said that was safe for babies too - maybe see if you could get that if you can't find the U... one.

Thanks all.
James is really poorly still. had tummy pains all day and been sick I have been making him drink loads of water even though he is sicking that up. Finally had a weetabix and have taken him to bed, he needs ti sleep it off. Have not had even 5 mins to day, but now adrenalin has taken over I don't feel tired. I bet in an hour or so that I'll just slump.

Gave Noah a bit of baby rice today, partly due to HV recommendations and partly cos he has had 6oz every 2 hours all day and with James being poorly it was really hard. He looked at me funny at first, but after the first tiny bit he managed to take it from the front of his tounge to the back and he was smacking his lips together. he "seemed" to like it and managed and for first time he hasn't been sick. Just gonna play by ear and if he gets unwell or owt then I might stop.
I did read everything but my brain won't work :haha: Hope you're all well xxx

Jaydee, How are you doing?

Nic, Sorry James is still poorly I hope it passes soon :hugs::hugs: Im glad Noah seems ok with the baby rice :flower:

jaydee thats reassuring to know about hv. Caleb had a bottle at 2, 4 and 6 and i put him in his cot because i thought he would sleep for 2 hours then have last bottle. But i think he is full and is still sleeping x will speak to hv tomorrow. Hope we are all well. I am finaly getting hall plastered saturday. Yeah x

Think I am gonna cry :cry: Noah now been horrendously sick. It was pouring out if his nose too. A girl I know has mentioned Rota virus. Gonna have to keep my eye on them tonight.

nic i really hope docs can sort out noah's sickness. When caleb did it and we took him to docs they said it could of been a blocked valve in his throat and was making him throw up. It's horrible seeing them sick. Was he happy afterwards x are you going to docs tomorrow x

Poor boys...there have been a few sicky viruses going around, here's hoping it goes through them quickly.

Children and babies bounce back real quick. I'm sure they'll be fine!

In the mean time *HUGS*

nic i really hope docs can sort out noah's sickness. When caleb did it and we took him to docs they said it could of been a blocked valve in his throat and was making him throw up. It's horrible seeing them sick. Was he happy afterwards x are you going to docs tomorrow x
I will see doctor tomorrow for both if no improvement. They are both still asleep at the mo which is good! xx Oh and yeah Noah always smiles when he's been sick :flower:

i think that was the only thing that made it a little better when they smile and don't cry about it x sending you hugs x

Charlie, glad i am not the only one who hates other people :haha: Thanks for the info on the cream. Lana has dry skin ALL over. The only bits of her that are actually soft are her arms and hands. The creases at her ankles are so dry that the skin splits and starts to weep :cry: I am sure it's itchy too coz when i'm changing her she always scratches her belly and thighs!!

Nic, so sorry to read that Noah has now picked up the bug! But like others have said, babies and children do tend to cope with illnesses better than us adults (especially male adults) :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

RE the weaning, I got Lana some baby rice today, just so it's in the cupboard ready! Dunno when i'll start though. At the moment she drinks down 8oz of hungry baby formula every 3 hours :wacko: she is a little fatty. lol

She didnt sleep AT ALL today, so not looking forward to tonight! got some karvol in her room to help with her stuffy nose (hayfever I think) so hopefully i'll get to sleep in my bed all night :happydance:

hmm, speaking of bed...night night ladies! Hope you and the LO's all have good nights tonight. And Nic, loads of hugs for you and the boys :hugs: xx

Yawnies....very late but havn't said much over the last few days....been keeping my eye out and new member that joined hasnt posted anymore so will do a wee update now before going to bed if I can keep my eyes open lol

Matthew is now 16lb 4oz!!! Little chubby man! He had his last injections til 12months this morning and had a different HV who was sooooo nice!

He's being referred to the Hip Clinic because he has an extra skin crease on the back of his thigh on his leg :( Bit worried though she told me not to worry as extra skin crease is like the lowest cause for concern if that makes sense! She said it can take up to 6 months for referral :wacko: But am going to phone and ask them could they ring me if there is a cancellation because if there is anything wrong at all then instead of a splint or something nowish in 6 months time he'd be too old and could need an operation if anything is wrong but hopefully he'll be fine!

We are also moving onto Reusable nappies in the next week or so :happydance: Getting to review some bumgenuis ones so will be the start of reusables no doubt and have also bought a mei tai to try it :)

Been pretty busy recently but have heard nothing on housing so still stuck here :(

Now the weathers getting a lot better my allergies are playing up :( Pregnancy done wonders for them! lol

Has nearly everyone started weaning?:wacko: Matthew is drinking 6oz-9oz bottles(9oz when he goes longer lol) every 3.5-4 hours though has a few greedy days and had a bit of mini start of growth spurt last week. Have all bits and pieces for starting weaning but know he is no where near ready though he has started really eyeing up anything I eat even stops drinking his bottle to watch me eat though its probably a good thing because he mimics me chewing iykwim!

How is everyone?

Nic - hope your two boys are ok and that they get better soon :hugs:

He doesn;t nap much during the day wee cat naps but sometimes if Im quick enough a dummy gets him to finish the nap lol

Does anyone else literally leave BnB minimised with their pc on all the time? :rofl: Even if Im doing something else or busy I keep BnB on the screen lol

Well night night hope everyone is sleeping especially LO's!

Oh Chuck - you said something about baby rice in bottle or something....I think HIPP or Aptamil or something does goodnight milk you could try :flower: Not sure what it does but I know I got sent a sample in the post lol Or could you try hungry baby milk as a dreamfeed bottle around 11ish/bedtime bottle? :flower: Really hope you can get some proper sleep soon!

Morning,
Glad to report they both seem fine this morning. No sickness, :happydance: Lets keep fingers crossed :flower:

SL - James had the extra crease but it fine. Both my boys were referred to hip clinic as I was born with Congenital Hip dysplacia. They just scan them and check out the hip movement. Hopefully Matthew will be fine!! :hugs:

Morning all *YAWN* - Jake decided he wanted to be awake most of the night. Feeding put him to sleep (as usual) but he was waking sooner and just wriggling in his cot for a while before he decided he wanted feeding again. Not really sure what to do, don't want him to get used to waking up so much, we all need the sleep. Dam those injections, he was fine till them/getting a cold at the same time.
Actually hoping it's a growth spurt - he'd put on over 8oz despite his cold in the last 2 weeks. Doesn't sound much but he normally only puts on 6/7oz in the same time.

Nic - hope your boys are ok now and you and OH don't get ill too.

SL - hope you get a referral soon and he's ok.

Aly - hope you find something to help Lana's skin soon.

Oh, Jake's learnt a new trick - pulling my hair when I lean over him! He might be little but he's got a good grip :)

Hope everyone is ok x

morning everyone. We have jabs today and they normally mess up calebs sleep to x nic glad both noah and james are ok. Sweet lullaby glad you and matthew are ok and wow on weight gain i wouldn't be suprised if has put a 1lb on in 2 weeks with the amount he,s been drinking. The electric keeps going off all i keep hearing is the phone bleep. I'm to make another bottle calebs just had 6oz and wants more x update he had just over 2oz about 70ml x

Morning!!
Hi SL, nice to hear that LO is doing well!!
Well,Lana slept better last night.putting it down to the karvol drops :thumbup: I think she only woke 4 times, and one time she actually self settled herself back to sleep :happydance: she slept in til 8.30 this morning too. I guess coz she didnt sleep yesterday. But I wonder if that has messed her routine for the day :dohh:
No plans for today.just had a spy in the gardening group thread and its got me inspired to get out and do something in my garden today.dunno what though (still waiting for bloody b&q to deliver my shed too)
What have you all got planned for today? x

I need to go to the supermarket - exciting! Jake's finally decided to have a nap - think I might do the same, or at least just close my eyes for a minute and see what happens.

Weather's gone cold again too, hope the couple of nice days weren't all we were getting for the year.

We've got some seeds to plant in the garden too - maybe at the weekend, it's really a man's job if you ask me lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->