*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

Hope all goes well at the doc's...I didn't realise you were still a bit off after your section hope you're feeling ok.

I keep forgetting to do the exercises the physio gave me so I still can't do a single sit up lol!

I start the running group this week...so in 10 weeks I should be able to run for 30 mins non stop! Hoping I dont find it too tough up until september i was swimming 3 time a week and doing arond 40/50 lengths in under an hour, I went a few weeks ago and still could so hopefuly my fitness isnt too shocking.

Charlie, :haha: at the carrot, I was going to buy a bumbo but didnt in the end not sure why I didnt though :blush: thats great about startng to run again :flower:

Faye, I didnt realise you were still abit off from the csection either :hugs::hugs: Good luck at the Drs today :flower:

How is everyone?

Its a lovely day here but Im not going anywhere typical eh? :haha: Ive got a meeting at work tomorrow than Im off to see my mum not much planned for the rest of the week

How about everyone else?

we are good thanks Lorna :thumbup:

Good luckl with the running Charlie. I couldnt do a single sit up before pregnancy so i think its safe to say I definately still wont be able to :haha:

Good luck at the docs Faye. Let us know how it goes :flower:

weather is lovely here. Shame i'm spending it in Tesco and cleaning the house :(

Hello all.
I am seriously knackered. Not even had 1 hour of sleep last night. My big boy James has a diarrhea and vomiting bug. Went to bed at 9 as normal and we went at 11, by half 11 he was down saying didnt feel well and that started a night of sickness and diarrhea, :cry: Had to change his bedding twice and in the end we slept together on the settee but I was wide awake. Sooooo tired now, James asleep on settee and Noah asleep on mat but he'll be awake in 15 mins and I need food.

Noah did well, slept 7.30 till 2 ( he woke cos of me up and down) settled back and then didnt get up to feed until 6 and even then Rick managed to feed and get him back down till 7. So when OH gets home he takes charge of Noah and I am in bed for 8.30 I reckon. I am like the living dead.

Aly, Im glad your good :flower:

Nic, Im sorry James isnt well I hope it passes soon :hugs::hugs: Im glad Noah did well :flower:

Oh noes on the sicky house missus fairy! Hope your boy feels better soon!

There's nothing wrong with tesco Aly!! We spend ridiculous amounts of time in Asda!

We did make it to clinic even though the gas man took forever, Dewi is now 14lb 2oz, we've got some cream for his dry skin so hopefully he'll look a little less flaky soon.

Now we have to finish tidying ready for the landlord inspection...fun.

Charlie, wtg Dewi on the weight :happydance:

Im glad you got some cream for Dewi's skin :flower:

Nic, :hugs: hope you can get yourself an early night and good sleep tonight. Poor James having a bug during school hols. How is he feeling now?

Charlie, it's not the thought of food shopping or even Tesco itself that I dont like, it's having to share the store with other people :haha: I know, sounds really selfish of me, but when I have things to do I dont like people getting in my way (i'm never rude to them though :flower:)
Well done on Dewi's weight...what cream have you been given for his dry skin? Lana has terrible dry skin and nothing i've tried has helped really!!

I havent gone yet...i'm so lazy, i keep putting it off! need to do more clothes washing too, but BnB is toooo addictive!

He's had patches of dry skin since he was born but some have got really bad, his arm is all flaky and red, it looks itchy!

We finally remembered to go buy new teats yesterday - we opted for the variflow ones, he seems to be feeding better, he actually ate well over night and consequently slept well (for once) bed and asleep by 8pm, dream feed at 10pm ~ 6oz, he woke at 12:30 but just needed settling, then I was going to DF again at 2asm but he woke at 1:45 ish and then had 4 nearly 5oz but needed a cuddle to go off then and I cant believe it he slept until just after 6am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's only done a night that good once before.

Charlie, it's not the thought of food shopping or even Tesco itself that I dont like, it's having to share the store with other people :haha: I know, sounds really selfish of me, but when I have things to do I dont like people getting in my way (i'm never rude to them though :flower:)

Well done on Dewi's weight...what cream have you been given for his dry skin? Lana has terrible dry skin and nothing i've tried has helped really!!

lol I HATE people!

The cream is called Unguentum M, you have to ask a pharmacist for it, it's medicated but not steroids, was told to try it on his foot first and if theres no reaction after 24 hrs put in on the dry bits 3 times a day for a few days then just once or twice.

If it works I can ask the dr for it as its a fiver a tube but it's supposed to be a lot better than aqueous cream or baby lotion.

Aly, :haha: sorry Lana has dry skin :hugs:

Charlie, we use the vary flow too Im glad Dewi is feeding better with them :flower:

Yeah its only now I realise how much work he'd been doing just trying to eat poor little fella! No wonder he would stop after an ounce or 2 and then go back to it a while later!

hi everyone :wave:
Docs- doc says my blood count has finally recovered which is good and my bp has gone back to normal. ive still got to take tablets but only 50mg instead of 100mg. got to go back may 17th just to see if its still ok then hopefully I can come off them then. He asked if i was having any more babies and i said hopefully try next year and he said that was enough time to make sure bp and diabetes was ok:happydance:
Nic- hope james gets better soon.
Charlie- glad dewi is feeding better. and :thumbup:on the weight gain. im going tomorrow for weight and his last jabs for a while,
Hope everyone is ok, lets hope the weather continues, i really hope i can take caleb to the beach this year even if its just for the day.
I bought some baby rice today so will see if that helps caleb, still only going 2ish hours with 6ozs:haha:

2 hours on 6oz blimey! hungry fella! Is that hungry baby milk?

yep hungry milky it is. Im confused because He was on 7oz for about 4 days and was drinking it all but now only wants 6oz nearly every 2hours so i thought maybe its his growth spurt but i dont think it is. Like everyone says the hv will go mad if i tell them i want to give him baby rice especially because he was just under 4 weeks early so he is roughly dewi's age if you correct him. So i will try him tonight and tomorrow in the day to see if he will go any longer x

His weight gain was 1lb in 3 weeks 2 weeks ago and its on the 50th line so we will see what he has put on in 2 weeks. he does tend to bring up some of his bottle even upto 2hours after it but hv says he might just be a sicky baby. I wonder say it was alot but i reckon it could be about 1oz overall,
Lorna its only been the last week really. he was ok on 60z and would go about 3 hours maybe 4 max.
He is currently sleeping on his changing mat. I think he last had bottle about 2pm i think so will see how he goes.
I dont know if this seems odd but I dont think he likes napping at other peoples houses. he cried yesterday at ohs mom and has today at oh's sisters. yet he had bottle at 2pm, kicked for abit i turned tv off and when i come back from kitchen he was asleep. x

Faye, It could be a growth spurt especially if its just recent?

If he's still gaining your HV would be reluctant to say wean early, there have to be serious problems keeping milk down and no weight gain for them to suggest even rice so early.

But then again, you do what you feel is best, I'm giving Dewi a teaspoon of rice at bed time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->