*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

ah, we did the supermarket yesterday which meant missing out on the nice weather!! it's not particularly cold here today, but it is definately what you would call 'over-cast' :(

I need to do some major work to my garden. Need to rip up some paving and start over; clean and stain the decking; plant my spuds; sow my seeds; and re-do front garden (which is the size of a large shoe box, so that should be easy :rofl:). Dunno what to do with Lana thought whilst i'm doing it all. I struggle to get the washing up done without her interrupting, let alone re-doing half a garden! haha

well after this bottle i'm of to baby clinic. See what my little monster weighs lol. I dont know if i should wake up other half because i dont like holding caleb for his jabs but then i feel bad for waking him. I will see what he wants to do x have got to change top first though because caleb decided he wanted to be a little sick on me x

Aly - I know what you mean - I only get stuff done when DH gets home and takes over amusing Jake. At the min I need to unstack the dishwasher and hang some washing up but he's asleep on my knee and if I move him he'll cry.

Faye - hope Caleb's jabs go ok - think of it like this, they are the last ones for ages.

Supermarket done, he cried quite a bit but was getting tired, slpt in the car on the way home, woke up to feed and is napping again - catching up from last night I guess.

jabs werent to bad. He cried but stopped not long after. Hv said that caleb is making up for the milk in the day because he is sleeping long at night and wouldn't only suggest solids if was waking in the night. He weighs 14lb 3 , was 13lb 7 2 weeks ago but still growing on the same line. Caleb is grabbing his ear so we thought it could be an infection but hv said he is showing signs of teething because of his ear, rosey cheeks and eating his fist. Apart from that he is fine x hope everyone ok x

Nic, thats great :hugs: How are you?

Faye, Im glad the jabs werent too bad :hugs: Ive heard LO's can get earache when teething I hope it isnt too bad :hugs: wtg on the weight gain :flower:

Aly, Im glad you had a better night :flower: How are you?

Sweetlullaby, I hope the referal comes through quick :hugs: How are you?

:wave:

How is everyone?

I went up to see my mum today thats about it tomorrow were off to town for a stroll

Thanks Lorna. :flower:

I am good thanks, baby massage and pub quiz tomorrow for me!1

Ah nursery and met girlies from baby group today! Was ok...freezing out though!

I went to get the pushchair together and found that Hubby had gone to work with the chassis in the boot of the car! Doh! Thankfully we bought a stroller from kiddicare this week for when we go to London/allotment/beach etc so I could use that! Or I would have been fuming!

Haven't got time to catch up properly but hope everyone is doing well tummy bugs, jabs and hungry babies aside!!

I'm in tomorrow so will have a good old read then!!

X

Hello everyone :hugs: I really shouldn't leave it until late to try to post on here-I can never remember anything :dohh:

Nic- I'm glad James and Noah are better today, it must have been a complete mare when you had them both being sick! Who'd be a Mother??

Aly- Hope Lana has another reasonable night tonight.

Faye- Glad Caleb was ok with his jabs today bless him. I'm not looking forward to Skyla's probs next week.

SL- :hugs:

Hope everyone else and their not so LO's are well :flower:

Not been up to much as usual. Took Skyla to baby massage today which she really enjoys. All the other babies mesmerise her-she just stares and stares (with her fist in her mouth of course)! I had quite a job settling her down tonight and she has a cough so I'm sadly anticipating a bad night x x x x

Glad the jabs were ok Faye, i hate taking him, glad the next ones are the last for a while.

Our baby massage is cancelled for a month cos they're doing up the childrens centre. Given he rolled over yesterday :happydance: he might be too old for it by the time it's open again.

Got a bit more sleep last night, he only woke once after 5 hours, just took nearly 2 hours to get him to fill himself up so he'd sleep again.

No plans for today, will see what the day brings i think.

Well not too bad of a night, he was very upset as he went to bed late (damn you risotto taking too long too long to cook!) butb went down just after 8 with a bottle but only had 4 oz, I fed him the other 2oz when we came to bed at 9:30 ( didnt wake him up), I gave him another dream feed at 1:30, he woke twice between 3 and 3:30 then slept till 7:45!!!

Hi everyone!!
For those of you who have jabs coming up,or just had the jabs :hugs: we still havent had our next appointment through yet!!
Charlie,glad things are going in the right direction with the sleep
Jenny, wtg with the rolling :happydance: i guess this is when nappy change starts to get tricky.lol

Well,i am now ill.i am starting to think that what I thought was hayfever in Lana was actually a cold,and now I have caught it!!I feel rubbish.hardly ever get ill :(
I am finally braving it today and going to a baby club this afternoon.hopefully HV will be there to ask about her dry skin (wich typically doesnt look too bad today :dohh:)

Hope everyone has a nice day today,even though weather isnt fantastic!! X

Aly - :hugs: hope you feel better soon. Sounds like you and Lana have what Jake had over Easter. Luckily I think I only got a very mild version - but I was surprised to even get that cos I hardly ever get ill either.
Luckily the roll was front to back, not back to front, so nappy changing should be ok for now! Tried to get him to do it again when DH got home (he did it twice for me) but he wasn't having any of it, but did a very good attempt at trying to crawl, got almost onto his knees and wriggled his arms a bit forward too, wonder how long before he's off?

Charlie - yey for the sleeping baby, sounds like dream feeds are really working for you.

oooh Jenny, almost crawling :thumbup:

Well, I braved it...I didnt even let my cold stop me (even though in hindsight I probably should have. lol)...yup, thats right...I WENT TO BABY CLUB :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
ok, so its not a big deal really, but iv been terrified of going. lol! Got Lana weighed (14lb1oz now) and met some lovely mummies...
also met perhaps the most patronising HV yet. She started to really bug me! First of all it was regarding my feeding (im combi feeding) coz I said I accidently weaned Lana off boob but since switching to combi feeding am much happier etc etc and she kept going on about "well, breatfeeding is better" and "you can build your supply up again" etc etc...errrm, I just said I was MUCH happier with combi feeding. Surely me feeling happy is more important? it's like i'm starving my baby :dohh: THEN she went on to say how 'difficult' babies are actually better because if you have a "good" baby that sleeps though then there is something wrong with it. So I told her that Lana was sleeping from 10pm to 5am from 2 weeks then dropped the 5am at 3 weeks and she kinda tilted her head and said "oh, you really should have woken her up to feed her coz its not good for her" but in that really patronising voice some people have iykwim?! :growlmad: :growlmad: i'm sure if it was a problem then my HV would have told me :shrug:

phew...sorry about that ladies. I just needed a rant!! hehe

Hope you have all had a good day so far? The weather picked up here :thumbup: Just about to go out again to buy my friend a bday pressie for tomorrow. No idea what though :(

The problem with HVs is that they are all so different and they basically just go from their personal opinions... that said, some are very good and ALL of them should tell you what's best. But, being pushy isn't on.

I think some of them have little hitler complexes because they're not MWs or nurses... so they go on power trips! :lol:

Charly, Im glad your night wasnt too bad :flower:

Nic, Im glad your good :flower: How are James & Noah today?

Aly, Im sorry you have a cold :hugs: wtg on the weight for Lana :flower:

Jaydee, How are you?

Leanne, How are you?

inxsmhpy, Great to see you :flower: how are you?

:wave: How is everyone?

hi lorna how are you?:flower:
aly-i normaly go to baby club with sil and shes at work next week so im going to go but hate going to places on my own.:nope:
Well i had some good news today that I am on the waiting list for a insulin pump and i should be in the next group to have it. only trouble is there is only 1 person doing it so I dont know how long it will be. I asked the diabetic nurse if i could see him and thats a 6week wait so hopefully no funny turns,:nope:
Caleb is asleep but I think his gums are hurting him so he strugges to get to sleep.:cry: I bought some of that powder so hopefully that will help.
Ooh asda have a baby event and I have seen a pushchair hopefuly its the one on the net but will have a look when its starts.:haha:
Hope Everyone and lo's are ok xx

Anyone watching the political party debate?

Clegg FTW!

Morning

Faye, Im doing good thanks :flower: How are you? Sorry Calebs gums are giving him trouble :hugs:

Charlie, I never watched it, How are you? How was Dewi last night?

:wave:

How is everyone?

Dewi was fairly good last night thanks!

Bottle at 7ish, bath and bed with end of bottle by 8ish, slept through until 12:45 - I heard him stir (was going to DF him at 1am) so went and fed him he stayed asleep until 3:30 when he needed settling, only took a couple mins thankfully then asleep till 7:30!

wow that was good charlie. Lorna i'm fine thanks. I'm off to see my mom today at 1 so just doing calebs washing then might make something. The market is on so might see what fruit i can get might make a crumble mmm. I love the market. Will have to by alfie a bone though. Lol . Where oh works they had a break in at the petrol station and he had to go with the manager to see what was going on luckily they were running off when they got there just glad he,s ok x whats everyone doing today x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->