*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

Omg, Molly's gained 1lb in 10 days!!! My little piggy! :cloud9: Makes her 8lb 8oz now.

Aww, ahaha. Still so little.

Mine was sooo small - I thought I would have longer with him being so tiny (6lbs4oz) but now he is almost 13lbs!!! :shock: My bbs seem to be working overtime!!

Purpledahlia about the Apgar Score, we got a photocopy of all the hospital and mw notes. I made sure all the info was there since I was transferring cities and wanted every detail. Then ofcourse I went through everything!! Is there an issue and thats why you want to know, or is it because you want to know for your own peace of mind? By the way, it is crap the way you and Chuck have been treated at the hospital - I would be so pissed!! :growlmad:
xx

I'm well thanks, hideous toothache but apparently it's just hypersensitivity. Seriously... I'm taking the maximum painkiller dose at every possible opportunity. Hypersensitivity my foot.

How are you and the lovely Emilie? xxx

Omg, Molly's gained 1lb in 10 days!!! My little piggy! :cloud9: Makes her 8lb 8oz now.

Aww, ahaha. Still so little.

Mine was sooo small - I thought I would have longer with him being so tiny (6lbs4oz) but now he is almost 13lbs!!! :shock: My bbs seem to be working overtime!!

Purpledahlia about the Apgar Score, we got a photocopy of all the hospital and mw notes. I made sure all the info was there since I was transferring cities and wanted every detail. Then ofcourse I went through everything!! Is there an issue and thats why you want to know, or is it because you want to know for your own peace of mind? By the way, it is crap the way you and Chuck have been treated at the hospital - I would be so pissed!! :growlmad:
xx

Omg, well done you! Makes it all worth it eh? All the constant feeding etc. You should be really proud!

As for apgars... my notes were always by my bed and I had them when I was discharged for the MWs who do care in the community...

No theres no concerns i was just upset earlier cos i was reading a nice birth story and then i was like shitty cos mine is not nice then she said about the apgar and i was like wtf i dont even know if they did one for Ava, and if they did they didnt even mention/tell me.

They kept my notes from the minuite i went to triage on the friday morning and was admitted to the antenatal ward, not seen them since!

Chuck have been treated at the hospital - I would be so pissed!! :growlmad:
xx

Pissed? ~I'm livid, sick, upset, disappointed, guilty...and much more.

I'm doing my best not to dwell on it but its tough, a day that should have been a joyous thing and one to cherish is now the most painful one emotionally and physically of my life.

I just have to come to terms with the fact it has happened I will never get those moments back and theres not much point trying to place the blame on any one person/thing but rather just a series of unfortunate circumstances.

Still doesn't stop me bawling my eyes out everyday though.

In other news I want to know how uch my LO weighs now, he was weighed at birth and 5 days but not since I want to know if my little monster has continued the trend of putting on weight - he's a little pig!

...I am nowsick of the snow despite not really having to go out in ti. I just wish I hadthe option of going out if I felt up to it...I was going to go to asda today - not very exciting I know but its still out! Plus I want a new jumper - but OH deemed it too horrible outside (the weather has been awful overnight) and he wouldnt want me and babba in the car as the roads arent good so he's gone to get the shopping alone. Blub.

I'm sick of the weather too, forced myself to brave it yesterday though. I was just so fed up indoors all the time. Pram moved fine and spent a good 5/6 hours out and about. I say, get out... even if it's just to the nearest little shop for a magazine and bar of chocolate. Does you good to just see something different than the inside of your house.

You should really have been visited by the MW 72 hours after the second weighing for him to be weighed again. And then every week after that until he's a month old. Is there a baby clinic you can go to in your town? We have one and you can go and weigh them whenever you like.

I agree the MW should ahve weighed him again :wacko:we have a baby clinic which is just at the top of my road which is handy where we can go weigh LO's as often as we like & talk to thew HV if needed

The weather is crap isnt it?:growlmad:

FemmeEnceinte, Im sorry you have toothache I hope it goes soon for you :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

How is everyone?

Emilie is doing great :) Im ok too

We're great here too. Ava SO alert at her awake times, shes smiled already quite a few times and she slept from 12-7 last night! then till 11 after the 7am feed. it was great! i was a bit :S that she went so long without food but then shes 3 weeks now and if shes hungry she will wake up surely.. anyways, she had her 11am feed and is now awake and alert- my mums stolen her from me, :rofl:

im sick of the weather, now a lot of people round here are actually getting snowed in their own houses! I need to call jobcentre as i think im entitled to the cold weather payment, would be great to put that towards my parents bills - theyre totally stressing about it and i have my heater on all the time for ava so i feel guilty!

:happydance: on a great nights sleep :flower:

My mum always steals Emilie when we go up & see her :haha::haha:

Emilies always been alert too, its great thats shes now awake more too

yeah its great when you start getting responses back from them isnt it! Soon ill be able to get the playmat out as she will be alert enough for it! Also borrowing a friends swing chair, cant wait!

Mums away to a 50th in glasgow tonight so we're home alone, might get a takeaway and watch a film. These are the times i wish i had an OH! but in all honesty the pregnancy is harder alone than having her now as a newborn. 100%.

anyone doing anything nice over the weekend?

Heres a few pics of Emilie on her playgym :haha:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/Watergarden/Christmas2009108.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/Watergarden/4weeks024.jpg

A takeaway & film sounds good, what will you watch?

Not really up to anything here

awh shes got some amount of hair! love it!

dunno what ill watch, see whats on Tv. see if my sisters home or if shes going out.

I got a footprint or handprint kit from my brother for xmas so i think i might do her footprint today cos shes exactly 3 weeks today. need to figure out how to make it tho :S

Ive seen soemthing like that in mothercare, your have to tell us how it goes :D

Wow look at ll that hair!! What a cutie!

Dewi has started to be a little more awake and alert now, its ice, he spent some time in his bouncer chair while we managed to sit and have lunch in peace today!!

I'm presuming that Dewi should have been weighed by the health visitor yesterday but the appt was cancelled as she couldn't get out of her village - its been snowing badly here for a couple days now.

I'm not overly concerned that he hasnt been weighed as he is happy and seems to be filling out a bit more so I think he's putting on weight merrily.

I wouldn't try to get to the clinic to be honest the hubby could drive us there but its a non essential trip the roads are hideous and its a risk we don't need to take. He already refused to let me go to asda with him today as it'd be too risky for me not being properly recovered yet and pushing Dewi - let alone if we were to end up in a traffic accident!!

The weather is fully shocking now. and annoying me. this ice round here is gonna take AGES to melt, esp since it might well be like this till feb! thats when its normally cold untill!

As much as I feel crappy and sore I am feeling a lot brighter than I was and it'd be good for me to get out and Dewi to get some fresh air...blub...I wouldn't get off our drive safely!

Anyone know what you can use to take hand/foot prints thats safe for babba? I dont want to buy a whole kit!! I suppose non toxic poster paint might be ok??

hmmm im not sure, Do you mean a imprint like im doing or do you just mean a print (i.e paint the foot and print?)

normal kids paints will be safe, its just on the sole of the foot... You wont be able to get the hand as babies wont open them all flat it just doesnt work. I used to make imprints in clay for babies hands and feet and everysingle baby would curl up their hand and it wouldnt work, for both imprints, 3D casts and also paint prints on paper and china. Feet are much better/easier.
The kit my brother got me is small and its an imprint one u just make the dough and roll it out and do the imprint then cut into a circle and let dry then hang up... wont of been expensive as hes a student and im sure you can get cheap kits online..

I just want to do prints...not 3D ones..I find them a little creepy but thats just me! I'm odd like that!

I'll take a look in the craft shop for something non - toxic and washable when I can finally get out of the house!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->