*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

we tried carrot and potato today after his 5pm bottle. his face was funny and the mess to. i like to give caleb the spoon to hold afterwards and he holds it then hits himself with it.:haha:not hard though.
Im going to blend some pear or apple tommorow.:thumbup:

Took the OH to Plymouth this morning because he missed his train and was doing this open day thing so that was a crappy long way to drive! Then Poppy's jabs and baby clinic- pretty much was my day :).

Aww Pink that sounds sooo cute- did you take any pictures? I think i will probably get a bit obsessive with the camera when Poppy starts on solids :)!

Faye, sounds very cute :flower: I always give Emilie the spoon too, did he like the carrot & potato?

Rosie, Sorry you had a long drive :hugs:

Heya Lorna- glad you two are great :)! We're goood- just waiting for Poppy to get off to sleep before i can finally make myself some dinner- she keeps just looking at me and laughing- too cute! For the first time she seems fine after her jabs- sooo glad we haven't got to do that again any time soon :).
What have you done today?

SweetLullaby it is so rubbish that you had to have a tooth out- is it noticeable?? It must have hurt like a bitch for you to want to have it out!

Nic, how on earth did Noah's ears laugh? :huh:

I think it might be a Yorkshire saying!! It means that funny shaking thing you do with you face and ears when something is sour!!1 :haha:

this was after porridge x

Attachments

• 24042010241.jpg
    24042010241.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 24042010243.jpg
    24042010243.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1
i think he liked it lorna. He kept on opening his mouth for the spoon x

Rosie where abouts in Devon are you? I used to live in South Devon - Bovey Tracey...quaint!

My god I've been soooo busy this week, this is the first time I've sat down since Saturday night it feels like! As soon as I got in from work and picking up Dewi from nursery it was 6pm, I had to get changed and go running I've got in eaten tea, put Dewi to bed sorted laundry had a shower and made bottles! eek.

Faye, great pictures :D sounds like he did enjoy it :flower:

Charlie, gosh sounds like you have been very busy :hugs::hugs:

Aww Pink, he looks adorable!

Nic, must be a Northern thing because i have never heard of it! I do think it is Ace though so may well have to steal it :)

Chuck i live in Exeter, Bovey Tracey is Newton Abbot way is it not? So pretty close to me! Also pretty close to Trago Mills- have you been? All my Devonshire friends rave on about it but i am yet to give it the benefit of the doubt :)

Random - I've lived in Yorkshire all my life and I've never heard of laughing ears! I know there are lots of sayings that people outside Yorkshire don't understand that we just assume everyone does, but there are also ones that West Yorkshire use and East Yorkshire don't and vice versa - think this must be one of them!

Jake was a little grumpy last night, didn't want to be put down, and cried to come to me when DH had him, then cried to go back to DH when I had him. His temperature was a little high so gave him calpol before bed and he slept really well. Seems quite happy this morning so fingers crossed.

Rosie - glad Poppy seems ok too, hope she was ok overnight.

I didn't bother trying to sit in the garden, but I did take Jake for a couple of walks so got to see some sunshine. Might go into town today if he seems ok, I really need to set up his trust fund.

Glad the babies are doing well with food, the porriage pics are very cute Faye. DH already thinks I'm a bit snap happy with the camera (I'm sure we're only up to about 600 pics of him so far, but that includes having multiples of most of them to try and get the best shots) so sure I'll be the same once he starts eating :) Going to hold out a bit longer though I think, he seems happy with BF at the min.

Chuck i live in Exeter, Bovey Tracey is Newton Abbot way is it not? So pretty close to me! Also pretty close to Trago Mills- have you been? All my Devonshire friends rave on about it but i am yet to give it the benefit of the doubt :)

Yeah closer to Dartmorr than Newton Armpit...lol.

and yup close to Trago's...its an experience if you need to buy anything you can get it at Trago's!!

Nice to see so many little ones doing well with food...all you naughty Mummies not waiting till 6 months lol!!

We're going to give Dewi a try on some solids well mush soon, maybe at the weekend as thats the only time we see him during the day now, I hate being back at work it effing sucks.

They'll end up doing so much of the weaning and inevitably see so many of his firsts its not fair that should be us!

Lorna yup I'm super busy all the time now, I get up at 5:30am get myself up and then Dewi so dressed and fed and I'm out of the door at 6:45am to walk 15 mins to where I get picked up from.

Get to school at 7:30am kids start their day at 8:30am till 3:20pm then I have things to do and depending on whether or not I have a lift here until at lease 4pm more often 4:30pm or later if there's a meeting.

Back to Canterbury now its a 20 min walk to nursery from where I'm dropped or the bus station, pick up Dewi and usually by then its nearly 5:30pm so we go to the prison to meet Daddy from work get hoe at 6pm ish.

Then there's nappies to pail, bottles to wash/sterillize/make re-pack his bag for nursery and mine for work, do laundry, empty dishwasher, make tea, eat tea, feed Dewi, empty cat litter, stuff nappies, load dishwasher again, tidy, bath Dewi, put him to bed, shower or bath myself and maybe snatch a few minutes sat down before bed before 10pm at the latest, up to feed Dewi at some point in the night then it all starts again.

...and if Dewi wakes up after 4am then he's in bed with me as he wont settle in his own room so close to getting up time like this morning so he just beat me up for 45 minutes before I got up this morning the little monster.

...oh and that's not including going running at least once a week.

I have a new laptop and I've barely touched the thing.

Jaydee, Sorry jake was alittle fussy Im glad the calpol helped :hugs

Charlie, :hugs::hugs: How are you today? all sounds very hectic :wacko:

how is everyone?

Charlie - you really aren't selling this going back to work idea lol. I'm dreading it already although hopefully DH will be at home a couple of days a week so he can see some of the firsts and do some of the housework jobs as well. Bet you're looking forward to the school holidays more than usual now, I would be.

Lorna - thanks, he seems much happier today so hopefully that was the extent of the fussiness over. I don't mind if he wants attention, just don't like to think that it's cos the injections are hurting him.

Tis hectic but we're getting there, hubby has fridays off but his work days are longer now...boo...swings and roundabouts though innit?

It doesnt help that hubby still doesnt do as much as I'd like him to, but he's getting much better at doing things with Dewi, he's doing some night feeds now and hopefully I'll get him to put him to bed soon.

Thankfully his marathons are over so now he can spend less time training and more with us!

Charlie, When I go back DH has weds afternoons off but the other days are longer too

Im glad DH is getting better but sorry he isnt doing as much as you would like :hugs: thats great that you will have more time together :flower:

Jaydee, Im glad Jake seems happier today :flower: How are you?

Sad as it was we were kinda hoping that nursery would be open monday so we could send Dewi in for some of the day and we could have some time just to ourselves, we haven't had that in such a long time at home, we've been out once or twice - like when we went to see Oliver, but I just want a few hours at home with hubby.

But theyre shut and the weather is due to be rubbish. huff. we need babysitters that arent 250 miles away.

Just feeling far too busy to enjoy much at the moment I never seem to have time to just enjoy being with Dewi or Hubby there's always far too much needing doing!

I'm sure things will get easier once we're into the swing of things with nursery and work and what not, right now we still have to think about what it is we need to do each evening/morning!

...in other news my knee hurts boo, stupid running, also my hip is STILL giving me gip from when I was bloody pg! Think I'll have to back to the physio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->