*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

Chuck - I would second Karvol, we used it when Jake had a cold over Easter. He did still wake up more frequently than he did previously but his breathing sounded a lot better. We just put it on a muslin square hung over the side of the cot, a bit higher up than his head so he couldn't reach it.
We got ours from asda but pretty sure you could get it from most big supermarkets - they do drops or capsuals - think they are both the same just in a different format.

SL - yes, it would be soooo much easier if they could tell us what they want, even just 5 words: hungry, sleepy, nappy, bored and over(stimulated).
Ikwym about not wanting to start solids, have you done the calculation about how much milk Matthew should be having in a day to check he's eating enough? I can't remember what it is but you take his weight and times it by something (3 I think) and that's how much he should have in a day.
If teething gel isn't working have you tried the powder? I got some from boots - Nelsons I think it's called. Only given him it once, not sure if it helped but he didn't hate it.

I'm really tired this morning, Jake decided he didn't want to go back to sleep after his 3am feed, half feeding, half napping, then complaining when I put him in his cot, till 4.15. After that I decided to let him grumble and see what happens - by 4.30 he was asleep but he woke up again at 6ish. DH felt sorry for me and got up with him cos I just couldn't physically pull myself off the bed. I got another hour in bed before he went to work, and feel a bit better now I've had a cup of tea.

Anyone got any plans today? I haven't, would quite like a nap but I guess we'll see what the little man has in mind....

Morning

Sweetlullaby, Im sorry Matthew is unsettled :hugs: I hope the growth spurt is quick :flower:

Charlie, Sorry Dewi has been alittle unsettled lately too :hugs: :hugs:

Faye, How are you?

Jaydee, Im sorry your tired this morning :hugs:

How is everyone?

Hiya

How much milk all your LO having i was looking on sma tin saying hollie should have 7oz bottles shes not bothered, 6oz do her she dont have 5 bottles either. yesterday she wasnt fussed over it.

iv lost 4lb for my last week :)

i agree that drop stuff is good, been using it since had amber

Mta, If Hollie is happy on 6oz than I wouldnt worry the tin is just a guide :flower:

Well done on the weight loss :flower:

I'm soooo tired, work on a very disrupted nights sleep and having had to get out of bed so many times is knackering, also having to put on a smile and teach is the worst. Why don't I have a desk job?

Well Hubby has got Dewi a Dr's appt for 5pm...I'll have to try and cadge a lift home super early to get him to take him or Hubby has to finish work an hour early and use the only hour of flexi time he has.

Curse his long days he cant work up any flexi time any more.

its just weird, as amber was a lil greedy thing, am so used to that, keep feeling like i underfeed her.
how heavy is peoples LOs? I put hollie on my scales 15lb 8oz.

Mta, every baby is different I think if she wanted more she'd let you know :flower: you could always try putting 7oz in & see if she does drink it?

Emilie was 17Ibs 1 last week

Chuck - :hugs: I can't imagine how hard it is to face cheeky teenagers when all you want to do is nap. What do you teach? Is it a subject they like or not?
Hope Dewi gets on ok at the doctors and they can give him something to help his cold.

Jake's been napping for 2 hours. It's good cos I got to nap for a bit too so feel a bit less tired, but worried whether it'll stop him sleeping so much at night. Last night he managed 10-3 then 4.15-6, not really long enough for a baby let alone me! How long do your LOs nap for during the day?

MTA - Jake was 11lb 12oz on Monday but he's always been small. The way I see it is as long as he's growing each time I get him weighed he's probably ok.
Well done on the weight loss too, 4lb in a week sounds good going.

Lorna - I'm feeling much better now I've had a nap thanks! How are you?

I should really clock up how much he's drinking in the day I always forget to! hoping this growth spurt is over soon its been two weeks of this!!!madness! so far today he has took 8oz will keep it in here so I remember :rofl:

We have the crystal teething stuff and powder but havn't tried him yet with them seems kina weird to pour powder or crystals into his mouth lol

Matthew was 16lb 3oz about 2.5 weeks ago he's steadily on 75th percentile for weight and length is just below 75th

Chuck :hugs: Your days sound so hectic!! Bring on the holidays!

jaydee - hollie hardly naps these days, but she has very sleepy days now and again. Up at 7am, went sleep at 11am till 12pm. Probs have kip around 3, down around 7. Other day properly only had 1 hr kip in 2 30mins.

Jaydee, Im glad you feel better after a nap :flower: Im doing good thanks :flower:

Sweetlullaby, How are you?

Chuck - :hugs: I can't imagine how hard it is to face cheeky teenagers when all you want to do is nap. What do you teach? Is it a subject they like or not?

Science...so they either love or hate it as they have no choice in the matter.

I had a group of 30 year 11 boys so all 15/16 year olds this morning, dissecting kidneys and looking at lungs. Now that was HECTIC!

Dewi usually has 6 bottles in a 24 hour period (nursery has made it easy to keep track they write down how many he has and how many oz's,

He was on 6oz but was draining them so I upped them to 7oz...but so far he's only finishing a couple of them a day.

I'm going to start reducing the middle of the night bottle as he shouldn't need anything in the middle of the night really!!

Don't know how much Dewi weights now, he was 14lb 2oz a couple weeks back.

Chuck - that's such a shame about weaning and feeling like you're missing out :hugs:

Lorna - how are you and Emilie?

SL - you must be all over the place with the routine going up the wall! I hope it all settles back down soon!

JD - apparently the more they sleep during the day, the better they sleep at night so hopefully Jake will have a settled night :thumbup: naps and nights here are terrible at the moment so I know how you feel :wacko:

MTA - last time we had a weigh in 3wks ago, she was 13lb 11oz so I'm guessing she's around 14lbs now. She's a slow gainer as she was 8lb 2oz at birth. I'm sure you're not under-feeding Hollie, she sounds a good weight to me!

My garden looks nice now :happydance: although all the lovely new plants will probably be dead within the week, I'm no Alan Titchmarsh, that's for sure!

Elizabeth, :happydance: on your garden looking nice, How are you? :flower:

Were doing fine thanks :flower:

I'm good thanks, glad all the weeding's out of the way! What have you been up to today?

Its been dull & had the odd shower here so not alot tbh

Yeah, it's pretty murky here too - really humid and sticky though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->