*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

Too early at 6:43? Cor I dream of that, Dewi wanted up at 4am all snotty and I eventually got him back to sleep with me but I had to get up at 5.30. Boo.

I really surprised myself with the running, I've only been out 3 times before with the runing group and once by myself, all the other times we running then walking then running again but last night we just ran and stopped once maybe for a minute halfway while the group separated to go on different length runs.

I honestly can't believe I ran for 40 mins! I did NO exercise before being pregnant - all the swimming I did must have made a difference to my fitness.

As much as I hate getting all sweaty and gross especially in where people can see I really do need to get fitter and drop a bit more weight plus it's nice to get out of the house and do something.

Morning ladies and babies!

I can't wait to be able to get down the gym again, I used to go a lot pre-preg and carried on right up until I was 40+2, (yep, I know, I'm not quite right in the head) :haha:

Well done on 3 miles, Charlie, I'm rubbish at running!

JayDee - how did you get your mum to get Jake to have a nap? Or is he quite good at napping anyway?

Why's it so cold at the moment? :wacko: I've got the heating on and it's mid-May!

morning everyone x well i'm going to get caleb weighed today x i have a couple of questions to ask- caleb keeps getting orange patches on his skin and still brings up quite a bit of milk when i wind him. On a bad note we've just had a note through the door about a complaint. I think its upstairs x grr i cant wait to find out i feel really angry cos we keep ourselves to ourselves x

What on Earth are they complaining about?

Neighbours eh they can be a pain.

I'm looking forward to getting Dewi weigh if I can make it to a clinic in half term it will have been 6 weeks!

oh has just phoned and the lady is coming to explain a diary they sent us because upstairs play music and the bass just echoes through. We have asked them to turn it down but they think we are being funny x its times like these i want to go full time just so we have more money for a house x

It's frustrating isnt it trying to juggle work/baby/money worries.

I hate having to be full time and Dewi being in nursery 4 days a week but we cant afford for me to not work and neither could we afford for me to be part time as we could pay the bills and some nursery.

Hi, i've only just found this thread - can i come join please :)
Libby was born on the 11th December!!

How are you finding nursery's going Charlie? I'm dreading having to do it (I'll definitely have to do it for at least a few months, while I'm trying to sort my work-from-home stuff out) but I saw you said up-thread that they don't really protest much at being left, which is encouraging!

I wish I wa with him at home but I really do think that nursery is going to be great for his development he can see other babies crawling/walking etc so will hopefully start copying them and come along really quickly.

Luckily he doesn't mind being with other people but if he were a high needs baby it would be different, he is a complete tart and loves attention so nursery seems to be great, he's the youngest there so all the staff love him and come in from other rooms for cuddles and he will gladly smile/coo/giggle at them.

If you needa nursery start looking, we had to book our place a year in advance, i wasnt even 20 weeks pregnant when we had to book our place for when he was 4 months old and the places were limited then...I guess it depends on your area but lets just say it can be busy so start looking.

We chose the one we did as not only was it close to Hubby's work but it was the only one whose SENCO said they would send every member of staff that would deal with Dewi on a training course if he did (but thankfully he didnt) end up with my eye condition, they will willingly use reusable nappies and they will work to your schedule - you tell them when and what you want baby to do.eat/drink etc so you can keep the routines you have set up at home (obviously this isnt much of a problem witha 4 month old who isnt all that much for routine yet lo).

I still find it a bit of a wrench but he seems to enjoy.

Wow, it sounds like you've found a really good nursery there! It's great that Dewi seems to enjoy it too! I didn't realise you had to sort it all so far in advance :blush: I guess I better get cracking...

Hi Polly :)

Napping - he doesn't like being cuddled to sleep, prefers being pushed in pushchair (a walk or just back and forth in the house) or will fall asleep feeding - usually BF but apparently slept at the end of the bottle she gave him yesterday as well as after a quick walk in pushchair. I was more worried about the FF than the nap but he was fine.

I wouldn't mind getting up at 6.15 if I hadn't been up twice in the night for 45 mins each time. He didn't go to sleep till 10ish I don't think, serves me right for letting him nap 4-6.30 yesterday afternoon/evening I guess.

Took him to a soft play place today with my friend. They have a man that sings with the kids, meant to be for toddlers i think but Jake liked it, my friend's baby slept all the way thru!

It really depends on your area but it is common for things to be busy so start looking even if they arent busy it gives you time to make a decision without having to rush!

hi polly :wave:
my little monster weighs 15lb 2 so has put on just under 1lb. he has dropped under the 50th line but ther were happy he was gaining weight. hv said he is probably a sicky baby and probably needs weaning early so that was reasuring now tha hv says i can give him bits of food. the orange marks , he said could be exzema so just to watch what i put on his skin.
the lady from the council was nice and just said if oh is at work and it happens agin to ring the enviromental health about the noise. only sad news is we could have get alfie rehomed because there is a new lease which says no pets in flats but she has to check because we could of been given old lease agreement. fingers crossed alfie i staying. she wasnt unpleasant about it , quite nice tbh.
hope evryone is well x

Elizabeth, How are you?

Faye, :hugs: How are you? wtg on Calebs gain :flower: Sorry the HV thinks the orange patches are Eczema :hugs:

Polly, :wave: welcome :flower: How are you?

Charlie, I agree sounds like you found a good nursery there! How are you?

Jaydee, How are you doing? Im glad Jake seemed to enjoy soft play :flower:

:wave:

How is everyone?

hi lorna i'm fine thanks. How about you x we are for a picnic with a few people from baby club x

Faye, Im glad your good I hope the weather is ok for the picnic :flower:

I still have this cold :wacko: but other than that doing ok thanks :D

Hi everyone :wave:
Wishing Libby would let me get some sleep am exhausted in 5 mths she hasnt slept longer than 6 hours at a time (and thats only for the first part of night from 7pm) and for the last 3 weeks she has taken to waking every 2-3 hours at night i am shattered, when will it end and i get a decent nights sleep :sleep:

Cant believe how quickly the last 5 mths have gone, seems like only yesterday i was bringing her home and she has grown so much in that time and she's rolling over all the time now and quite frustrated she cant crawl yet.

Polly your aren't alone Dewi doesn't sleep for very long in one go, it's only been recently he'll be in bed at 8 and then a feed around 1 then through till half 5. But then he will often wake between bed and the feed and then again after the feed.

mind you he's had a cold the past 2 weeks so has been all snotty and not sleeping well. I'm always pooped.

Polly, :hugs::hugs:

I also cant beleive how fast the last 5 months have gone :wacko:

Charlie, How are you doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back