*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

Charlie, Dewi sounds like he is doing well :flower: How are you?

Sweetlullaby, Sounds like Matthew is doing well too :D Have fun today :flower:

:wave:

No plans here today

yeah Dewi is doing well thanks Lorna, we're getting there a little bit behind a lot of Dec stars as he's a few weeks younger so really not interested in food yet and no crawling yet...although he will swallow food and he make all the right movements for crawling just not in the right order lol.

Charlie, Im glad your doing well :flower: Dewi is doing just fine :flower:

Charlie, Dewi sounds like he is about the same stage as Lana is :thumbup: When I say she is sitting, I dont mean I can put her down and walk away...I still need to be around for when she falls (usually when she moves her head too fast to see something in the room and loses her balance).
And her 'crawling' attmepts are so funny. She hasnt figured out that her hands need to be on the floor to be able to do it, so either her legs go, but her arms are up, or she holds herself up but then cant do the leg bit :dohh:

Hope everyone had a nice long weekend...or nice long week for you I assume Charlie? :flower:

Jake's nowhere near crawling either Charlie, he tries to move him legs when he has tummy time, but needs a lot more strength to pick his belly up. I think him, Dewi and Lana are a couple of weeks behind the others - really Jake is almost a month behind the really early stars.
He's loving food though, you can't get it in his mouth quick enough! I'm only giving him a little bit a couple of times a day: usually 2nd feed of the day (9am ish) - baby rice or baby cereal and 2nd to last (about 6pm) - pureed carrot or apple or banana is what we've tried so far. Always giving him milk after it, not sure when we're meant to stop doing so, guess we'll see how it goes.

He also much prefers standing up *loves* his walker now, he's so happy running across the living room in it, he moves his whole body when he walks, and smiles and laughs as he goes along... We have to sit on the floor, let him run to us then push him back to the other side of the room to do the same again.

So... catching up...

Glad Emilie enjoyed Sealife Centre Lorna, DH is off work next week and we're going to take Jake to the Deep (similar thing) - he loves the fish tanks at the inlaws so hopefully he'll like that too. We took him to the animal bit at the park yesterday, the things he found most interesting were the plants and the tractor cutting the grass lol.

Charlie - glad you're enjoying your week off, love that Dewi went swimming in a hot tub - how posh is he.

SL - sorry Matthew isn't well, hope he gets better soon.

Jake still doesn't sleep thru, thought we were getting somewhere as Thursday/Friday night he slept for 7 hours without waking up, the last couple of nights though he woke up after 4 1/2 hours.... oh well. I guess he'll sleep thru when he's ready.

Sure I've missed someone, sorry...Hope everyone is well x

Hi everyone.
Caleb is really trying to sit up. I put him in his bouncer and he grabbed his feet and pulled himself up. so he wont be in there much longer. He isnt sleeping through. I gave him a 8oz bottle last night and went 10.30 till 3.30 the had bottle and woke up at 7 so not to bad. Caleb seems to love his food but plays about and can be a struggle at times.
Its raining here and its horrible. I reaaly need to go to the shops. will try after lunch xx

Jake tries to sit up if he's laid flat. You can see he's trying sooo hard but just can't do it yet.
Not raining here... yet!

Faye, How are you?

Jaydee, Great pictures on Fb :flower: How are you doing?

How is everyone?

Amber was sitting up by end of month 6.
She was crawling fully by month 8.

Hollie no interest in sitting like amber did, just throws herself backwards, shes all for being up on her feet, haha.

She can pick herself up well on her tummy, somehow does move forward lol. Her latest trick is doing 360 on her tummy.

argh I wanted to get Dewi to clinic today its been 7 weeks since he was weighed and I wanted to see how much of a fatty he is now but hubby has ordered the tesco shop for the 2 hours the clinic is on.

huff.

Hello :hugs:

Skyla is one of the older December stars and can sit for a few minutes but not so well I would ever think of leaving her. She likes tummy time but makes no attempt at all at rolling over or crawling!! I keep worrying about her not rolling over especially because she has done before on the odd occasion. She's a funny LO!!

The disturbed nights she gave me over the weekend weren't so funny! I honestly felt like I had a newborn again except one who can sleep through but just wouldn't! She slept better last night and Monday but still woke after just a hour :wacko:

Hope everyone is well :hugs: x x x x x

Mta, Sounds like Hollie is doing great :D How is Amber? How are you? :flower:

Charlie, :dohh: @ DH :hugs: How are you?

inxsmhpy, Im sorry you had a rough time with Skylar at the weekend :hugs: How are you?

How is everyone?

In the last week Emilie has started rolling from one side of the living room to the other, she looks so pleased with herself & now wont stop :wacko: :haha:

Morning

Faye, Happy half a year to Caleb :flower: How are you?

How is everyone?

Its a lovely day here so were going to take a stroll into town in alittle while

Sue - Jake's given up on rolling over as well, don't think he can see the point of it lol. He way he goes in his baby walker I think he's concentrating on walking, might skip crawling. We tried to prop him up against the push baby walker the other night, he was ok with it up against the sofa but couldn't handle walking with it. He is only just 5 months old I suppose, bet they are designed for babies twice his age!

Dentist again today - yuk! At least it's sunny I suppose.... hope everyone is ok x

hi everyone. :wave: lorna i'm fine thanks. We are just getting a bit of shopping later. Caleb was funny with bottles yesterday only had 3 full 6oz bottles then bits after that . Maybe the food is helping. I had to get up at 2 but then he stayed in cot til 8. Oh said he was on his front and was at the top end of cot, luckily didn't bang head. Its sunny here, yey. Hope everyone is ok x

HALF A YEAR!!! that's not allowed surely our babies can't be hitting 6 months old!!

Blimey.

Hope the dentist is ok JayDee...Dewi isn't keen on rolling much like jake, he will be still hasn't got from back to front so he can't get anywhere yet - although I think once he does it he'll be rolling around like crazy.

it's lovely and sunny here too today but I'm not going to be out to enjoy it - last night I thought I was coming down with flu, I got cold shivers and everything ached, hurt and I had a really stiff neck. I went to bed with my huge thick fluffy dressing gown on I felt that rough! Thankfully not feeling quite so bad now but still rough and tired.

Dewi has gone to nursery today despite me being home I have 60 SATS papers to mark and last time I tried to mark it took 6 hours for me to do a class set of practice exam papers because Dewi isn't very good at marking lol.

i don't want to mark papers though i want to sleep!!!

Dewi has had a few disturbed nights sleep - how is Skylar doing doing now btw?

We think it might be teething as we can't find anything else wrong with him he seems quite distressed but not dirty or hungry...annoyingly he keeps waking a few times before midnight.

....mind you last night we put him down for 8 he woke twice before midnight (once after I had gone to bed (hubby was still up but didn't hear as he was in front room with the tv on) so I had to get up and deal with it...errrggghhhh did not want) so the last time he woke would have been around 10:45pm and then he either woke up and neither of us heard (hubby never wakes and I must have finally fallen asleep) or he slept through till after 6am when Hubby woke him to get ready for nursery.

I should be feeling great not having had to wake in the night! lol trust me to not be very well the one night he sleeps without waking in the night.

anyhoo..because I'm too lazy to upload to fb and flickcxr here's Dewi enjoying the hot tub...
https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4024/4662283169_4acff25d47.jpghttps://farm5.static.flickr.com/4029/4662908846_c7a7484c81.jpg

Faye, Im glad your good :flower: How is caleb?

Charlie, I know how fast is time going? :wacko: ouch on 60 papers to mark :wacko: Great pictures :D Thats great that Dewi slept until 6am :flower: Sorry you wasnt feeling too good I hope its not the start of something for you :hugs:

Jaydee, Good luck at the dentist :flower:

I don't think I said yesterday but tesco arrived at 9:10 so I could make it to clinic...Dewi is now 16lb 3oz still on the same centile line (between 25 and 50) and a little less for length.

But all is well, she said not to be concerned about the lack of interest in food he may just be a baby who would rather feed himself once he' a bit more co-ordinated.

in other news I'm not feeling quite so much like death but my throat is KILLING me, I hate having a sore throat I got tonsillitis soooo many time in my teens they whipped the buggers out when I was 18!

Hiya everyone! Sorry I've not stopped in for a while :blush: How are you all?

LOVING the pics of Dewi in the hot tub and Emilies little bunches in your ticker, Lorna!

Esmé is 6 months next friday, where does the time go! I'm happy as it's so exciting watching her explore and learn new things every day but at the same time sad because she's rapidly becoming less of a little tiny baby every day :cry: She's not rolling over either, Inxs, or even sitting up unsupported! Should I be worried?

Hope you're all enjoying the sun with your babies :flower:

Charlie, Sounds like Dewi is doing great :flower: Are you going to try Blw than?

Elizabeth, Great to see you :flower: How are you doing? I dont think you should be worried every baby is different :hugs: I know where has the time gone? :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->