*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

Claire - Jake seems to like carrot, apple, melon and banana best. He didn't like potato, and kind of tolerated parsnip and sweet potato, preferred them mixed with carrot.
I've just been cooking carrot, parsnip and apple in the microwave (lazy mummy) in a bit of water in a mug for a few minutes, so it's kind of half way between steaming and boiling. Potatoes - microwave and scoop out. Melon and banana - just mashing up as they are as the flesh is quite soft already. Pear is also meant to be good but haven't tried that yet. If she's not sure of the taste you could always mix a bit of her milk in when you mash it so there is something familiar for her.

Well, my voice appears to be leaving me. Had a bit of a cold for a few days and yesterday it turned into a cough. I answered the phone to my mum and she didn't think it was me because my voice sounded so weird! Come back soon voice lol

Dewi has croup...poor little bugger is right off his milk he can't breathe properly.

Poor Dewi :hugs: Hope he gets better soon!

Can't remember what everyone was saying :haha:

Oh Faye good luck with reusables they didn't work out for us but I loved them al lthe same and they arn't that much hassle!!

Claire - idea's for fresh fruit and veg .......

Banana
Apple
Pear
Peach (they're in season atm and babies love them mixed with other fruits etc!)
Avacodo
Carrot
Parsnip (mix carrot and parsnip Matthew loves it mixed lol)
Sweet Potato
Tomato
Potatoes
Melon
Butterut Squash (I warn you though it is an arse to sort once cooked lol)
Blueberrys
Watermelon

Just go for everything :rofl:
I have in the fridge atm to get cooked
Carrot
Pear
Sweet potato
Peaches
Brocolli (quite strong so mix with rice to make it slightly blander)
Cauliflower

Oh and I steam most of them :thumbup: Usually do sweet potato or potato at the bottom on boil with water then put those pots with holes (i can't remember the name of them lol)on top and usually have carrot and parsnip in the middle one and a softer fruit/veg on top because it cooks the easiest and quickest!
Then I put them in a large jug and hand blend them :) Don't use a bowl because it goes everywhere :haha: Anything with seeds (like tomato) put through a small sieve first.
Went on a bit :rofl: But hope some of it helps!

Im waiting on the monkey waking so he can have pancake and banana for lunch :haha:

Charlie, Oh no poor Dewi I hope he is better soon :hugs::hugs:

Sweetlullaby, How are you?

Claire, How are you?

Jaydee, sorry about your voice& the cough I hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Emilie will eat most things shes not keen on bananna & wont touch porriage of any kind other that I cant think of anything else she wont eat

:wave:

How is everyone?

whoops!!don't have a clue why i said blueberries :rofl: though matthews had them in a plum pouch lol

im grand lorna matthews a bit unsettled mix of trapped wind and teething and sleepy!

All these big eater..Dewi really isnt fussed. Mind you he is off his milk too at the moment. The croup didnt seem so bad last night but it's still there and he's struggling to breathe when he's having a bottle.

We're asking nursery to give hima few spoonfuls of something during the day now it's about time he started having a few bits of food each day - he's got to learn to like it!

Can add something else to the list of stuff that Jake likes - toast. He managed to bite and chew and everything - so impressed :) I had some last night so gave him a bit to play with, he wanted DH to hold it to start with but put it in his hand and 5 mins later it was gone!

Awkward boy decided he wanted to be awake at 5am today, but has been sleeping again since 7am when I got up (DH got up with him at 6 when we realised that he wasn't going back down again after I'd fed him)

Hope Dewi feels better soon Charlie, sure he'll love food once he gets used to the idea.

Sorry Matthew is unsettled SL, hopefully he'll sort himself out before your holiday.

charlie hope dewi feels better soon .
Jeni- caleb loves toast to, just sucks the bread at moment but is funny to see him with it.
Lorna- glad emilies doing well.
sl-its good when they dont really dislike things. i found out he doenst like the chicken casserole and veg jar, he just cried.
Im off to baby bop soon so hopefully will be able to give him a bottle before we go so he's not hungry. he is enjoying his foods more and has near enough a full jar now x

Charlie, Im glad the croup wasnt to bad last night :hugs::hugs:

Jaydee, Im glad Jake enjoyed the toast :D sorry Jake decided 5am was up time :hugs:

Faye, I hope you had fun at baby bop :flower: Im glad Caleb is doing well :D Did you try Caleb with the stage 2?

How is everyone?

Emilie's new thing is going backwards :haha:

poping in 2 say hi

lorna i cant believe how much emilie look like you as a baby .

cole got on ok on holidays the heat did get abit much for him, he had croup around 1month ago and had to have nebuliser x 2 still didnt go away so give him antiboitic finished that while on hols still has a rattle in his chest so took him 2 docs today who said it could be asthma cuz of my family history and the fact he has had it for 4weeks so poor wee thing is on inhalers a 2 week trial to see if it helps.

cole eats in a day

7am breast feeds till 8am then has 5oz bottle
10am baby breakfast
1pm 50zbottle
3pm baby jar dinner and breat feeds till 5pm
5.30pm has a fruit pot and breat feeds
7pm breast feeds till 9pm then has 5ozbottle and bed

he has woke at 4.15am this last few nights not sure if its his teeth or if he wants a feed he bes really grumpy, dh said 2 me 2day and u want another one been feeling a little broody i never learn!!

hope every one is well

annmarie & cole xox

Hey girls, check out all your little eaters! I'm doing BLW with Esmé, with a little bit of mashed up fruit and yoghurt at dinner time. She loves everything so far, although she doesn't really eat the solid stuff, just sucks it and gums it and then spits it back out. She's sitting up un-aided as of today :happydance: only for 10 seconds or so at a time but I'm really pleased as she hasn't rolled over or done any other big 'developmental' things yet.

Croup sounds nasty - is that something they all pick up at nursery, a bit like dogs when they get kennel cough? (Sorry if I sound stupid, I just really don't know!)

JayDee - somewhere between 5-5.45am is Esmé's getting-up time too :dohh: the bloody £60 I spent on black-out blinds a month ago hasn't made a difference. BAH! :coffee:

Nicki - I noticed on the sweetie swap thread that you're getting married the day after my birthday, HOW EXCITING that it's this close now! I'm jealous, I secretly want to get married, don't tell OH though :winkwink:

How's everyone else doing? :flower:

We're on 4am wake up's as well atm not fun :dohh:

He's teething really badly and has completly dropped his afternoon bottles in the last week!!But still taking enough milk for me to not worry too much. It's been a bit of a nightmare with bedtimes as well though he has started to take a goodish nap in the evenings so I am getting a little break lol

I've noticed Matthew wheezes quite a bit every now and then need to mention it to the health visitor because me and my brother both had asthma until we were about 8 or 9 lol

Im tired tonight lol hopefully get to bed earlier! Matthew fell asleep on my bed when I was changing him and I ain't moving him :haha: Just keep looking over at him and thinking little monster I could have got into my own bed if you'd fallen asleep in your cot! Though know it isn't him for the night he still has a full bottle to take :dohh:

SL - Jake did that yesterday to me, fell asleep on my bed but it was just before 6am after he'd woken up and been fed but cried if I put him in his cot. Within 2 mins in with us he was sound asleep! I waited 10 mins then moved him. I would have left him where he was but I don't trust myself/DH to co-sleep.

Elski - DH was talking about us getting black out blinds, think I'll tell him not to waste the money after what you said. We already have wooden blinds as well as curtains but it does get lighter. You can hear the birds chirping at 5am too.

AnnMarie - Can't believe Cole will BF for an hour then have a bottle as well. Jake's still not loving a bottle of milk when he knows I'm there (found out he's ok with it if I'm not) but is perfectly happy with juice from it.

Hope everyone else is doing well x

Elski - DH was talking about us getting black out blinds, think I'll tell him not to waste the money after what you said. We already have wooden blinds as well as curtains but it does get lighter. You can hear the birds chirping at 5am too.

To be honest, I think we're in the minority of people it doesn't work for. My friends who have them and a lot of people on this forum swear by them... problem is, they're an expensive gamble to take :dohh:

Morning

Ann Marie, Great to see you :flower: Im sorry the heat got alittle much for Cole on holiday & I hope the inhalers help :hugs: How are you?

Elizabeth, Great to see you :flower: :happydance: on Esmé sitting :D Im glad Esmé likes everything she eats so far :D How are you?

Sweetlullaby, Sorry Matthew is teething badly I hope the tooth/teeth hurry up for him :hugs::hugs: How are you?

Jaydee, How are you?

How is everyone?

Will see how it goes with the blinds... we have blackout curtains in his room, guess we could move him in there but was trying to wait till he sleeps a bit better. Going through once in the night is ok but twice seems a lot of effort somehow. If he sleeps a couple more nights like he did last night we might think about it... 7.5 hours without waking up :happydance: I woke up before him wondering why he wasn't awake yet! Got straight back to sleep though.

Hey Lorna!!

We're grand here!

Matthew's cheeks arn't as red past day or so and he's been a lot happier and napping a lot better :happydance:

I made him grilled cheese and tomato slices for lunch with banana and peach he sucked and nibbled on the tomato and cheese slice and the rest was tossed on the floor :rofl: he picks it up puts his arm out and lets go! Though for dinner he munched a big massive piece of chicken I was raging because it was the biggest bit on my dinnerplate and he left me with a sliver or two of chicken wee monkey! He then ate nearly a whole jar of ham and pasta and some banana and cookie desert lol

Ohhhh last night he rolled onto his front then used his legs to "crawl" with his arms out flat to the top of the cot :haha: If he could work out to keep his arms up we'd have a crawling baby!

We havn't bothered with black out blinds lol when we move out gonna buy him a black roller blind just for about £7.99 he's used to the sunlight pouring in so don't want to fork out on an expensive blackout blind we don't really need lol

2 weeks and two days til we go to Turkey :happydance: Worried about the heat though Matthew constantly has prickly heat on his tummy :dohh: thats with say a vest and shorts and t-shirt on here so on hols we'll be ditching the vests completly and just have him in loose baggy tops and shorts hoping he'll be ok!

How's everyone else?lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->