*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

We bought black our roller blinds but the thing is they dont black out the room as there's a gap between the blind and the wall lol!

I'm kinda glad Dewi will go down in a room that isnt blacked out saves us a lot of hassle, plus we're always up so early that him waking when the Sun comes up isn't a bad thing really - we're up at 5:30am every weekday for work.

He did well last night was super tired and grumpy so I put him down just after 7 (a little early for him) and he woke at 11:30 had 6oz then back to sleep until after 4am when I brought him into bed with me for a cuddle so I could get back to sleep until 5:45am. I left him in bed with Hubby it was very cute seeing them have a sleep - still wish I didn't have to leave them and come to work though!

Elski ~ Croup is just an infection babies can catch (mind you you can get it when you are older I had it bad when I was a teenager lol) it affects the larynx and throat and you get a 'croupy' cough and your chest sounds all rattly like a chest infection. It does affect the breathing and can be quite sore. poor Dewi couldn't drink properly for a few days bless him. Back on track now though.

I wonder if Daddy remembered to give him some solids today - we starting the weaning now as he's a bit more interested.

Only had parsnip, carrot, banana, baby rice and a packet mix-broccoli & cauliflower cheese thing....well he did try a chip and some ice cream once too...and beer...he actually seems to like the taste of ale! He doesnt seem fussed by drinks in glasses unless theyre dark coloured like ale and Daddy has them in which case he reaches out and opens his mouth so we let him have a taste expecting him to screw his face up and spit it out but he loved it...like father liek Son eh?

Sweetlullaby, Im glad your grand & Matthew is enjoying his food :flower: :happydance: on only 2 weeks until Turkey

Charlie, :happydance: on Dewi doing well last night & sounds like Dewi is doing well weaning too :flower: :haha: at Dewi reaches out for the ale! How are you?

:rofl: At Dewi drinking the ale!! Matthew likes to lap his water up from a glass lol gave him his cup with handles (not the doidy cup still to buy it) yesterday to see if he would drink it and he poured the whole lot all over himself :dohh:

Waiting on my gran appearing hoping to persuade her to take us up to town lol

I dyed my hair with a 6-8 week dye lol will be washing my hair like mad to get it out it turned really really dark which I don't overly suit lol so much for light brown :dohh: Though it smells nice lol

Hiya Ladies!

How are all & LO's?

Man, crazy night last night. I deffo think hollie & heat/warmth do not mix 1 bit. She would not go to sleep, only in her nappy, a thin blanket but nope. So was night with me.
Night before it was alot cooler, she woke up from nap at 2:30, so was shattered by 6pm, went to sleep within 10mins slept till 5am.. now that what i like, i can only hope she goes back to sleeping through.
By my surprize she is sitting unaided, for few mintues but massive change to 2/3weeks ago. Really expecting her to not sit till like 7 months.
Still no more teeth, but i swear looking bit diff up front top.

Much planned for the weekend, see maybe a nice one! My parents are visiting tomorrow, then off to chessington on sunday, looking forward to taking amber on few things :D

:wave: MTA

:happydance: On sitting unsupported!!! :)

Have a nice weekend!!:)

I've been babysitting two nights in a row a 5 and 7 year old and Matthew on top so im pretty shattered. Ended up not going to town because I got phoned last min to babysit and wasn't bringing them as well lol

Matthew is doing a weird type of crawling with his face shoved down :haha: Favourite time to do it is bedtime though :dohh: He rolls onto his tummy puts his knees up and belly lifted clear off ground and goes the whole way to the top of the cot with his face in the sheet then starts crying when he can't go any further :haha: He just needs to get his arms up and face up and he'll be off :wacko: Though bet he does this for months :haha:

Mta, Great to see you :flower: :happydance: on Hollie sitting :D How are you?

Sweetlullaby, :haha: at Matthew, How are you?

How is everyone?

Sweetlullaby - Thanks, you too!
Amber started like that. Hollie doesnt put face in floor, she does manage to move around the floor rather swiftly. How is matthew?

Hiya Lorna. Im great thanks yourself & emilie?

Attachments

• amber & hollie.jpg
    amber & hollie.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1
  • hollie sitting.jpg
    hollie sitting.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1
https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4033/4662893012_944cf18059.jpg
he loves it lol.

He slept through last night wheeeeeeee...8pm till 5:30am get in. I don't even care about the early wake up thats when we usually get up for work. he came in bed for cuddle and we slept till 7:30 so all is well with the world today...except I have a really really congested head, I don't know if its hayfever or a cold.

I've never had hayfever but it doesn't feel like a cold..weird.

Dewi doesn't move far on his front but he can wiggle all the way to the top of his cot on his back though. He does lift his belly right off the floor if he's on his front OR get his bum in the air by tucking his knees under his body but he can't do it together.

The weaning is only just starting he's not having much and he hasn't got the hang of opening his mouth yet so it's slow going. I gave him half a rusk last night and he LOVED it! I cooked some apple for him this morning going to have apple for tea, might give him some steamed carrot sticks for lunch he seemed to enjoy feeding himself with the rusk more than me feeding him.

Charlie, :haha::haha:great picture

:happydance: on Dewi sleeping through :D I hope it isnt a cold coming :hugs: sounds like Dewi may do better blw?

Mta, I love the pictures :flower: Im glad your good :flower: Were doing great thanks :D

:wave:

How is everyone?

Loving the pictures!! Such cute LO's!!

I love Dewi's little shirt as well :haha:

We're ok here lol tired and going to bed soon. Matthew was sleeping and I moved him to his cot he choked a bit and I quickly sat him up for him to throw up everywhere so had to change him and turn his cot mattress and flip it and change the sheets and blankets :dohh: So gonna give it a wee wash with spray tomorrow and let it air out outside lol

Poor matthew choky sick is never fun especially at night it's such a mess isn't it?!

Well I gave dewi some carrot sticks yesterday and he wasn't into them at all for eating...trying to bash them against the high chair tray though was much more fun.

He had a little bowl of apple last night and seemed to enjoy it once I found a little trick to get him to open his mouth although that trick didn't work this morning with the babyrice and apple mix.

Nursery said he wasn't keen on abby rice so perhaps it's just that?

Going to pick up some no salt rice cakes on the next food shop and see if he like munching on them as much as rusk - don't want hi to have too many rusks theyre soooo sugary.

What are you guys doing follow-on milk wise?

We were thinking we'd buy some on the next shop they're supposed to move over at 6 months ish arent they? Did you stick with the same brand as your stage 1 milk or did you move to something else?

Im sticking with stage one cow and gate mainly because he as on sma at birth and it made him constipted and i heard the amount of iron in stage 3 follow on milk can do the same lol also i get healthy start vouchers and they can only be used on formula suitable from birth lol

Matthew likes carrot sticks lol brocolli and pasta he just cried at lol i need to buy rice cakes as well lol he's had a rusk but they're ridiculously messy!!

Choky sick is definately not fun lol and it smells horrible :haha:

I got a load of sick all over me this morning, I was in my fluffy dressing gown which just made it horrible!

Up my sleeve on my lap down my leg. Nice.

Charlie, Were sticking with the milk were on :flower: Sorry you got sick all over you this morning :hugs:

Sweetlullaby, How are you?

How is everyone?

Ah well I get a nice clean dressing gown smelling of fabric conditioner tomorrow lol, shame the weather hasn't been great here today didn't trust the sky so I didn't out it on the line otherwise it'd smell even better. simple Pleasures eh?

we had a roast for tea so I gave Dewi some broccoli I put in in the mini chopper it was still a bit 'bitty' but he managed well...his broccoli eating face however was absolutely priceless! he would get it in his mouth gunm it for abit then roll his eyes and screw his face up it was o funny. Bless I think I'll have to mix it with something else nest time it's a bit strong tasting.

he had some broccoli & cauliflower cheese from a packet mix today (bought when it was cheap in the asda baby event) and he loved it, he's like me loves cheese. he really started to open his mouth and lunge at the spoon properly as much as I don't want t be using packers/jars etc it was sooo cute to watch. We're going camping in the Summer so we'll undoubtedly be taking some with us.

Love the pic Charlie - Jake does the same thing, but for my red cordial! Tries to lap it from the glass like a dog, it's sooo cute :)

I don't want to be using packet food all the time either, but we've decided that occassionally isn't a bad thing, bit like us having take away once a week or whatever. We do use baby cereal, but grown up ones have so much sugar/salt in it I think that's better for him really.

Well, I have news.... not baby related... I have a new job. Went for the interview on Tuesday, and they rang on Thursday night to say it was mine if I wanted it. It's a year's contract with a really good company, covering for someone else called Jenny while she's on maternity leave, think that's quite funny, and there is a good chance of a permanent job at the end if all goes well.
Bad news is I will have to stay away overnight sometimes, probably 1 week every other month, and they want me to start in 2 weeks! Not much time for me to get used to the idea, but I think that might be a good thing as, now it's happening, I'm really not loving the idea :(

Jaydee, Congratulations on your new job :happydance: Sorry your have to stay away sometimes though :hugs::hugs: How are you?

Charlie, sounds like Dewi is doing great :D How are you?

How is everyone?

Hi everyone x
jeni thats fab news about he job. Ive got an interview wednesday so fx'd.
Caleb is fine. still waking up in the night. but only at 1 and 5 but at 5 he has a bottle then has to sleep with me otherwise he wont fall back to sleep. He really likes to stand at moment when you hold his hands and even balances on the sofa.
Went to the bakn this morning and finally sorted out a joint account so bills and shopping money stays in there so oh can have his card back. Im glad we were lucky we didnt have to move out of flat when i was made redundant. everythings coming into place.
Where is the time going. Im 25 july 2nd and from 6th july my insulin pump is getting sorted and evrything should go back to normal then october ish i want to speak to midwife about ttc in december. the year is flying x
Hope everyone and lo's are wellx

Faye, It sound like he is doing great :D FX for the job interview :flower: How are you doing?

I kwym about the time flying :wacko:

Hiya :hi:

SL - glad Matthew's teething seems to be troubling him less :thumbup:

Lorna - how are you and Emilie?

JD - congrats on the job! :happydance:

How's everyone doing?

Charlie - has Dewi's dad got a tatt on his palm? Ouch! That's gotta hurt?
:haha: I know what you mean about broccoli face, here's Esmé's...

Attachments

• Esme A 052.jpg
    Esme A 052.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79