*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

Leanne, Great to see you :flower: How are you doing? I love your Pictures on fb :D sounds like Hollie is doing great :D

Hi girls, how we all doing?

I went on hol last week - LO's first holiday - and it was awful :cry: we rented a cottage through a large, well-known company and a few days in bailiffs knocked on the door and evicted us as the owner hadn't paid the mortgage/bills for months so the property had been repossessed. They couldn't find anywhere similar for us (we were in a lovely cottage in a lovely little beach town) so we had to spend a day frantically trying to find somewhere. We couldn't find anywhere so the company sent us to alternative accommodation 3 hours away. In a massively posh house completely unsuitable for babies, NOTHING to do in the area etc. We were all so miserable we came home early :cry: seeking legal advice at the moment.

It's made Esmé's sleeping habits even worse, all the holiday disruption, and I'm feeling really down about it all. Good to see a lot of the other babies are settling into routines and sleeping through now.... any tips, PLEASE send them my way :flower:

Wow and well done to all the babies pulling themselves up to standing, crawling, almost walking - it's great to see, girls! Can you believe this time last year, we were all about 5 months pregnant!

Elizabeth, Great to see you :flower: Im sorry you had a bad holiday sounds awful :( :hugs::hugs:

Time really flies doesnt it?

Thanks Lorna :hugs: it really is so depressing. OH is a contractor so had to take a week unpaid. We get one week hol a year as he can't afford to take more time off and we'd been looking forward to this for SO long. And it was Esmé's first holiday and we got only a handful of pictures as we didn't really get to do anything worth snapping.

How's Emilie doing, what are her new developments?

:hugs::hugs:

Emilie is great shes a cheeky monkey :haha: she army crawls everywhere & I cant beleive how fast she is :wacko::haha: How is Esmé doing?

haha, I guess you have to have eyes in the back of your head from now on? :dohh:

Esmé's good, she's so laid back though that half the time she can't be arsed doing anything so exhausting as developing :haha:

oh no, sorry to hear your holiday was ruined. Was it the holiday company who hadnt paid or someone else? I would have thought you would get all your costs back plus some compensation which will hopefully be able to pay for a new and better holiday for you :hugs:
Sorry your LO isnt sleeping well. I'm sure she will settle down soon enough :flower:

Hey everyone. How are we all? I am having trouble keeping up with Lana these days. I turn my back for a minute and she is off into another room :lol: I need to get stairgates up in the doorways or something! How do you all keep your LO's in one place? do you have play pens? :shrug: xx

Aly, I know what you mean :haha: we have a stairgate in the livng room which stops Emilie getting to the other rooms she has been into everything since she started rolling so Im used to moving & distractinting her, If Im going out the room for a few minutes I pop Emilie in her Jumperoo :flower:

Elizabeth, Esmé is doing great she will do the rest soon :D

we have a travel cot we put caleb in if we leave the room xx

Hi all

We have a travel cot, but we haven't used it to as a childminder yet. We also have child locks on the kitchen cupboards and stairgates ready for when he does actually get moving... don't think it'll be long, I'm pretty sure he did one "step" of crawling this morning. He can pull himself up too so def need eyes in the back of our heads now lol.

We have one tooth and I think another is on the way, he keeps trying to lick his gum at the front, it looks a bit weird! He's being a bit clingy and doing lots of smelly nappies but seems ok apart from that. We keep giving him little tastes of ice cream which he seems to like, not sure if it's helping but hey....

Hope everyone is ok. Work's going ok, think I'm going to have to stay away tomorrow night, first night away from Jake.... I think he'll be ok, just I've been BF him in a morning still so he won't get that, he happily has a bottle for bed now so sure it'll be ok...

I think I may need to get our travel cot out. It just takes up so much valuable space :(

Ooh, yay for for more teeth jeni :thumbup: glad it doesnt seem to be bothering him too much!!
I remember my first (and so far only) night away from LO...i think I was more worried about OH than I was my 6month old :haha::haha: everything was fine though. She didnt even seem to notice I was gone :cry: xx

Hey!

Jaydee- I've had the exact same Im sure in the last two days I've caught little one or two "steps" of crawling! The little monkey managed to make his way from the living room floor to the tv unit in the living room then I moved him back to the middle of the floor and he then made his way to the kitchen where I was trying to put a curtain pole up :rofl: Little monkey gets about anywhere he wants! Stairgate for the lving room and safety catches for cupboards and the door wedge catch things because my living room and kitchen doors are fire door's and if he pulls the door stopper out at the bottom he might trap his fingers are next on my shopping list :haha:

My plug sockets all have the standard little things in them to stop little fingers poking in so not going to bother with them. Watched that video last week in baby club about them was very interesting!

He hasn't been too bad the past day or so so hoping he's starting to get himself back to normal!

Nearly done with the flat :wohoo: Though will have to go without internet for a good wee while because phone lines not being installed til near the end of the month then a further two weeks for broadband lol

Can't believe all our LO's are nearly or already are 8 months!:(

Yey for your flat nearly ready SL :) hope you get in there soon.

Nearly forgot, we have corner bumpers on the coffee table, little monkey tries to pull them off haha.

Think i spoke too soon about the teeth not bothering him, he was clingy and grumpy all day yesterday. Went to bed ok but nit found out how he slept yet, hope he was ok...

Sweetlullaby, Yay on being nearly done with the flat :D How are you? Im glad Matthew is getting back to his normal self :flower:

Jaydee, How are you?

:wave:

How is everyone?

Im ok Lorna constantly knackered lol how's you and emilie?

completely random but it's like 4 months or so til xmas and LO's birthdays how scary is that!! :wacko:

Were both doing good thanks :flower:

I know time just flies :wacko:

hi all.
I think we have our 3rd tooth coming through. caleb has a terrible cold, sore bum and his gums look really odd at the top row. I hope it comes through soon not nice when he cries. I think he has had a few crawl steps so its getting excting.xx

We are good thanks!

Faye, I thought we were getting a top tooth last week, but it's disappeared now :shrug: lol

Got my first day of work tomorrow...first day I will have ever been away from Lana from 7am to 6pm :cry: not looking forward to leaving her, and not looking forward to working either, funnily enough :lol:
Anyone got any tips for me? lol

Hope everyone is ok? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"