*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

When do you buy them their cruising shoes in clarks etc?My mum told me that Clarks won't sell you them unless they're walking but then the last baby she would have bought for was 12 years ago lol. Matthew has itty bitty feet. with the wee soft soled shoes he's only went into a size two lol though it's good because my friends baby who's 6 months old has bigger feet than him and is outgrowing size 3's so she's giving me all his little shoes etc

I know it's scary isn't it that all our LO's will be walking next!! lol

I decided to blow up Matthew's paddling pool in the house and filled it with those plastic balls. I think it's now his new favourite thing he lies down in it and flaps his arms and legs like he's doing a snow angel and makes the balls go everywhere while laughing his head off so I spent most of today picking them all up!

Clarks do crawling, cruising & walking shoes We went in there for the crawling shoes but she had started cruising a few days before so we went for the cruising ones

Sounds like Matthew likes the ball pool :D

Hellooo ladies sorry its been a few days but start of term is mental hectic topped with hubby having been in Croyden on a course its been busy evenings this week.

Poor Dewi had been ill the past few days too tummy upset he's had a bad bottom for days now - the Dr said it'll be fine until it gets to 7 days and just give him some dioralyte each day. Poor bugger is quite sore too. He's only ever had a tiny bit of nappy rash once before.

He's really getting about now he crawls soooo fast! He's pulling himself up and getting down and causing havoc!

Hi all

I've been away for AGES - busy at work - boo. The even more annoying thing is that I only have time to post now cos I'm away all week. I've been talking to Jake on video chat tonight, not sure he really understood bless him, but I did get a smile so maybe he realised it was me.

He's crawling properly now, really quickly too, turn your back for a second and he's off. He's also mastered walking if you hold his hands, makes your back hurt bending over like that, think being short would be an advantage at times like this, my 5ft 9 and extra long legs don't really help lol.

We got Jake a pair of crawling shoes from Mothercare, they have hard soles but it kind of extends to the toes as well so they get grip when crawling. He's not too keen on them I don't think but we figured he should have them. Maybe should have just got him walker ones, as he seems to be able to do it with the push along walker, I'm not confident about his stability so crawl around after him in case he falls!

Well I've told hubby now so I'll tell you all here I got a BFP yesterday.

I reckon I'm 5 maybe 6 weeks pg!

EEK!

wow congratulation charlie xx so a bit ealier than dcember lol xx

lol i am never having a xmas baby again it was horrific!

Charlie, Congratulations :yipee::yipee::yipee: How are you feeling? Im sorry Dewi isnt well I hope he is better soon :hugs:

Jaydee, sounds like Jake is doing good :D How are you?

Faye, How are you? How is Caleb?

:wave:

How is everyone?

Its my B`day today so Dh is taking me out for dinner later, Its also our anniverasry Thursday I cant beleive we have been married 4 years already :wacko:

Hi lorna we are fine thanks. Just been to bay club.
Happy birthday lorna hope you have a great day xx

Happy birthday Hun go out and enjoy you're meal! I just realised this morning that I'll never have any nice lothes since being of with dewi I havent got any new clothes I haven't had the money. Now my pay has gone up but It's pointless

Charlie - congrats again. It was completely random that I saw your other post, as I haven't been on here for ages.
At least any maternity clothes you got last time should still be relatively fashionable and you can spend double as much on new stuff once bubba2 arrives.

Happy birthday Lorna, hope you enjoy your meal. We've been married over 5 years now, in some ways it feels like we've been married forever and in others it seems like yesterday.

Has anyone got LO a ride on toy? DH took Jake to mother and toddler group in our village (yes, he was the only dad and Jake was the youngest by at least a year) and he was playing on one there and LOVED it apparently. Thought they would be a bit old for him but he tried to push himself along and turned the steering wheel and stuff. Trying to buy the same one but it appears to be an old model.

I havent been on a while school has been so busy damn start of term1

Problem with the clothes is by the time number 2 is here I wont be working so wont be able to afford them again! lol...I'm destined to look like a hobo!

But yeah thankfully I kept my maternity clothes...not that I bought ANY mat trousers though I never got around to it I used bump bands and hair bands lol!

I only has one pair of maternity jeans. I managed with leggings, a pair of super stretchy (and low cut) skinny jeans and a demin skirt that is a bit too big for me now so also sat quite low.

Is the plan for you be a full time mummy when you have 2 then? The price you pay for childcare you might be better off!

I think I'll have tio wrok part time just to keep some pennies rolling in, Hubby works 5 days worth of hours in 4 days at the mo so I could work 2 days and only have to find a childminder for 1 day then.

Congrats again chuck!!

Im still really undecided about hard soled shoes :rofl: My friend gave me a few pairs of hard soled/squidgy soled shoes and I tried a pair on him but took them off again they seemed so heavy! I think part of it is because he has small feet :haha: I just feel like they're going to fall off with hard soles on and he doesn't use his walker/push along walker (its a mothercare car one that converts to a push along walker) properly because it's now wrecked and doesn't move over my carpet he just stands up at it and shouts lol

Jaydee - I considered getting Matthew one but then thought no he's getting his trike for his birthday and the bounce and spin zebra for christmas.

Matthew now has 6 teeth :wacko: noticed this morning the other bottom two have broken through and he has the wee holes for the other top two :wacko: I didn't think they got this many teeth so quickly!

How is everyone?

I've just watched Cherry has a baby that was on bbc3 from iplayer. Anyone else watch it?
I didn't cry when Jake was born, but the waterbirth on there got me close...

I'm strangely jealous you get to do it all again Chuck:rofl:

SL- Jake doesn't walk with his walker that often, he's more interested in the switch which holds the toy thing onto the front, we tried taping over it to encourage him to walk but he just pulled the tape off!

Charly, How is Dewi feeling today? How are you?

Jaydee, How are you & Jake?

Sweetlullaby, wtg Matthew with 6 teeth :happydance: How are you?

How is everyone?

Im ok feeling really weepy decided to go ahead and today I got Matthew his first wee pair of cruising shoes and they look so proper and cute on him!

Also I start back to work tomorrow :( It's only 12 hours a week atm sundays and two nights but Im gonna miss his bedtime two nights a week :( and just generally feeling sad about it :( But hopefully I'll just go straight back into the swing of things tomorrow!

Sweetlullaby, :happydance: on cruising shoes, I hope your first day back at work went ok :hugs:

How is everyone?

Going back to work is rubbish isn't it? Pregnancy should give you the psychic power to guess the lottery numbers shouldn't it? (Although I guess if it did we'd all only win about £10 each - never mind) It's quite nice to have some time to be an adult again. I'd prefer to only be part time, and not have to stay away overnight, but it could be worse I guess.

Jake's head is covered in bruises at the minute, he managed to fall and hurt himself 3 times in 3 days, poor little man. Luckily it looks worse than he seems to feel because of it. He seems to think he can stand up better than he can and lets go and forgets to concentrate, it's worse when he's tired. Even if you sit right with him the whole time you can blink and miss the fall. Roll on him being able to balance properly I say.

How's everyone else doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->