*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

wow good weight gain little Emilie!

Chuck i feel your frustration with the c-section/weather/housebound .... Lucklity tho the snow is going away so ill be able to walk up to the village every now and then and go to baby group/doctors/baby clinic etc, Altho theres not a pavement for a part of the walk :wacko:

My scar seems to be getting better i dont feel it as much, but i am moving about much better. The fact i feel like cleaning the house today to me makes me think i am def on the mend! couple of weeks ago i couldnt care less what was around me mess/no mess etc.

Anyone ever written a reference for someone? i have to do one for a friend for her application for uni... not sure how to do it really..

Purple, Im glad your scaring is feeling better its good to feel alittle normal again isnt it?

I dont feel mine much at all now & itsd bliss to be able to sleep on my side again :haha:

weirdly the only comfy position for me is on my side with a pillow under my stomach - like i had it under my bump before.. seem to be unable to drop the habit of leaning on a pillow!haha! I cant wait to lie on my stomach!

Im not a stomache sleeper although my mum says it was my fav postion as a baby :haha:

I found my back the most comfy the first few weeks but it was a killer getting up from in the night when Emilie needed something

Hi all, I don't seem to have much time to get online these days (or do anything else) but do keep checking in on you all, even if I don't have chance to reply.

Sorry you've had such a bad experience Chuck, hopefully it will get better from now on.

I can't imagine how hard it must be to recover from a c section and have a new baby, I had stiches from my episiotomy and they ache enough for me!

Jake is currently asleep on my belly, it seems to be his favourite, well daddy's is his favourite, but mine's second best. Pain in the bum on a night cos you just want to go to sleep with him there but know you can't.

He does sleep ok when he finally sleeps though, only wakes a couple of times in the night. Seems to feed constantly, HV coming on Thursday so wonder how much he weighs now, I'm sure he's grown already....

Was a bit worried that he was getting colic as a couple of times he just screams and screams and you can't shut him up, but he doesn't do it that often so hoping he's just finding his voice. Burping him after feeding seems to help (even though I'm BF and you're not meant to need to) so maybe he just has wind.

I am thoroughly enjoying being able to lie on my back...cant say I get much sleep tho!! lol

About the 6 week check up...is that with your GP? Is the appt made for you or do you have to do it yourself??

lorna i second that - getting up after a c sec in the early days out of bed is a killer, im so glad i dont have that anymore!

Jaydee glad hes settling into the world ok, im sure he has gained weight! some BF babies do need winded and if it is colic it would start around 2 weeks.. infacol works! Ava also loves sleeping lying on me, i only let her do it during the day tho, like just now, but at nighttime its bed bed bed!I cant imagine what an episiotomy feels like, im sure it must ache.. i ached and sometimes still do and i didnt deliver naturally! i had to push for an hour then had failed forceps..

Making enchilada's for dinner, first time ive cooked since having her. eekk

2 Leannes eh?

Ambersmummy, I have no idea what to suggest :wacko:

Emilie went from 11Ibs 8oz to 12Ibs 2oz

I have my 6 week check up Monday not sure what goes on at it?

Im just going through trail and error with things, but its trying them out long enough to see the effect, know what i mean.

6 week check up, mine with amber was, checked baby body over, asked if had any concerns etc, * not sure * if this is point where they offer you a smear test, check you over, see if need anything like pill/injection, i took a questionnaire on how i was feeling in myself to see if i was suffering from depression.

my 6 wk check up is being mixed into 8 wk injections, so not being seen till 10th feb.

Ive already done the Edinborough depression score, was fine.

MTA is hollie not 1 month yet? i would try the gripe water..

Hi all, I don't seem to have much time to get online these days (or do anything else) but do keep checking in on you all, even if I don't have chance to reply.

Sorry you've had such a bad experience Chuck, hopefully it will get better from now on.

I can't imagine how hard it must be to recover from a c section and have a new baby, I had stiches from my episiotomy and they ache enough for me!

Jake is currently asleep on my belly, it seems to be his favourite, well daddy's is his favourite, but mine's second best. Pain in the bum on a night cos you just want to go to sleep with him there but know you can't.

He does sleep ok when he finally sleeps though, only wakes a couple of times in the night. Seems to feed constantly, HV coming on Thursday so wonder how much he weighs now, I'm sure he's grown already....

Was a bit worried that he was getting colic as a couple of times he just screams and screams and you can't shut him up, but he doesn't do it that often so hoping he's just finding his voice. Burping him after feeding seems to help (even though I'm BF and you're not meant to need to) so maybe he just has wind.

Iv not been on much, never getting a chance to say congrats to you!!

How did it go?

Personally id say whether ya BF'in or not always best to burp them, surely they can still take air in. I always had burp amber after i BF her, always had wind, always had a problem getting her's up to.

I'm still finding it tough to roll over in bed, get up/down go from lying to sitting & vice versa.

Its really sore and stingy!!

To be honeswt I am amazed how well I am healing and how quickly I could get up and walk even considering its major surgery!!

In just want to be able to move easily again!

I am thoroughly enjoying being able to lie on my back...cant say I get much sleep tho!! lol

About the 6 week check up...is that with your GP? Is the appt made for you or do you have to do it yourself??

Also, i never said congrats to you :)

How did your birth go? Did u have any more sweeps done?

My HV brought my appt for me, but i think i had to book ambers.

Ive already done the Edinborough depression score, was fine.

MTA is hollie not 1 month yet? i would try the gripe water..

I bought it last week, before id class her 1 month 4 weeks but OH says shes 1 month tomorrow it being the 13th, probably start it on fri, im giving colic drops good few days to make sure getting best effect for me to decide if its yey or nay to them

yeah id go by the date probably..

do the drops not do anything?

Id of thought that BF babies can still take in wind too... if i was still doing it i would burp her?

I want to get rid of my mummy tummy :(

The drops have helped, but hasnt completely getting rid of how shes acting. She was making her body really straight and stiff, kicking her legs like mad then screaming out in pain, the stiffness has decreased alot, slightly still there, screaming isnt as much or as often but still there, but now she seems to be bringing milk back up more, maybe its a mixture of all of them..

I never got rid of my tummy after hvaing amber. going take hell of alot of sit ups to get it back after hollie think sugery is the only way forward lol

Jaydee, its great to see you :flower: Im glad Jake is doing good How are you?

Charlie, I made the appointment at the GP's

MTA, so really its just a check all over make sure I dont have PND & talk about contraception? nice quick one than I hope :haha:

MTA Ava went thru that stage, The Infacol definately helps her but im giving her less and less and shes still fine.. Also she does that when she tries to poo.. maybe hollie is the same? Ava finds it quite hard, and i can always tell when theres gonna be 1 or 2 really stinky nappies cos she fusses in the evening (then i get the nappy a few hours later) Think they find it quite distressing cos there muscles are not all co-ordinated yet.. Sometimes i give her a bit of boiled cooled water to help get it out.. could try that with hollie?

MTA Ava went thru that stage, The Infacol definately helps her but im giving her less and less and shes still fine.. Also she does that when she tries to poo.. maybe hollie is the same? Ava finds it quite hard, and i can always tell when theres gonna be 1 or 2 really stinky nappies cos she fusses in the evening (then i get the nappy a few hours later) Think they find it quite distressing cos there muscles are not all co-ordinated yet.. Sometimes i give her a bit of boiled cooled water to help get it out.. could try that with hollie?

id been giving hollie infocal since week 2, since stopping it, she seems alot better, so i was beginning to wonder whether it may have been causing problems rather than helping her.

yeah hollie's #2 havent been soft lately she tries her hardest bless her.

iv not tried water yet, am not all that keen on giving water tbh, i never gave amber any till alot later on, even then she wouldnt really take, it didnt help.

rubbing the belly did the trick with amber, what ive been trying with hollie.

its worth a shot even a fe sips can help the pooing.. def sounds like a sore tummy to me. doing bycicle legs aswell is meant to help too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->