*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

I dunno if doing legs bits help but i do, do that to lol.
If, it dont improve in next week, going to docs anyways, so water may become an option.

I love this pic i took other night, lol. Her form of transportation.

Attachments

• P100110_18.560002.jpg
    P100110_18.560002.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 4
I've found I havn't had to use boiled water as much though know he's been trying to poo all day and it just aint happening so think im going to have to give him some to help him along...bet i get a real stinky nappy :haha:

Matthew's now 10pound6oz!! He was 7pound15oz when he was born 4 weeks ago!! Does the growth slow down or is he going to grow and grow and grow??? lol

Also not using infacol anymore found that the teats were the problem for matthew! As soon as i changed them been getting big massive belchy burps thank goodness! lol

I need to write all the appointments down in a diary or something before I forget one!lol I had to make my own postnatel appoinment and HV made Matthews 8 week one. And have HV next tuesday to house then two weeks later at baby clinic also have an opticians appointment somewhere in there as well :haha:

MummytoAmber....think it was you said about Sure Start Maternity Grant? Are you waiting for CTC to come through before applying? I have the form filled in but dont want to send it off yet and probably confuse things lol

Think 6 week postnatal is what everyone else has said...depression etc and contraception and here they make an appointment for smear test once LO is 3 months.

Glad everyone's LO's are putting on plenty of weight :) We definately got the xmas puddings!! :haha:

yeah, i need to wait for them to review my claim, give me new payment plan, etc to see if am entitled then sending the surestart form off if i am. i was about 50p under entitlement when i was preg, well hacked me off.

Thanks MTA...as for the birth dont ask....I had 2 sweeps in the end.

I started contracting xmas eve...its kinda stopped xmas day...xmas night came back with a vengeance, went to the birthing centre (was awesome there) got transferred to hospital boxing day morning (failure to progress) from then on in it was horrific, what I do remember I want to forget and the important moments I should cherish my entire life I dont remember due to the opiates I was full of...Dewi arrived by emergency section safe and well eventually though!

The little monster has been doing well despite feeding issues we're now on formula and putting on weight well.

He is FINALLY sleeping, he has hardly slept today, hoping he stays asleep for a bit so I can get tea ready for the other boys!! Hubby and his mate are at the gym so I'm going to try to get tea ready for them lol!!

Thanks MTA...as for the birth dont ask....I had 2 sweeps in the end.

I started contracting xmas eve...its kinda stopped xmas day...xmas night came back with a vengeance, went to the birthing centre (was awesome there) got transferred to hospital boxing day morning (failure to progress) from then on in it was horrific, what I do remember I want to forget and the important moments I should cherish my entire life I dont remember due to the opiates I was full of...Dewi arrived by emergency section safe and well eventually though!

The little monster has been doing well despite feeding issues we're now on formula and putting on weight well.

He is FINALLY sleeping, he has hardly slept today, hoping he stays asleep for a bit so I can get tea ready for the other boys!! Hubby and his mate are at the gym so I'm going to try to get tea ready for them lol!!

Aww sorry to hear it was a rough ride for you, like youve said, he arrived safe and well thats all what matters in the end. :)

I wasnt sure whether I qualified when i was pregnant or not because i worked and didnt get income support etc...though i know if your on a low income you can get it but I decided id just wait because i would need the money after xmas whereas before i would have just wasted it! lol

Oh we have a waking baby here dammit was hoping he'd sleep a bit longer than 30mins!!:haha:

xx

Do you have to have a smear test if you already had one recently?

I had my last at the start of 2009...I don't fancy being someones bloody glove puppet again I had enough of that a couple weeks ago lol!

i just got told that they do an internal at the 6 week check... i actually cant handle anymore of those.. really..

I was told at hospital i wont need a smear as i had one just before i found out i was pg. so you probably dont chuck..

Is it true a smear test is more painful than a sweep??? :wacko: Well at least I'll get another 8 weeks before they get anywhere near me :haha:

smear tests are just uncomfortable, shouldnt be sore, one of my sweeps was way worse! but then was one almost nothing. think it depends

I don't get chance to pop in very often and when I do there are always 4 pages to read :haha:

Hope you're all well! I always seem to have a baby attached to me so tomorrow I am going to buy a carrier! he likes to be entertained or held all the time so I need to sort something to get stuff done!

Today was the first day since birth that everyone left us and we had the day on our own. James was at school and OH back to work! We survived and he behaved very well !!:haha: He is having is upset time at the mo so OH is cuddling him and giving me a bit of time to catch up!

I didnt find my sweeps or internals painful at all, they were slightly uncomfortable - but mostly because people were rummaging in my foof rather than any physical discomfort iykwim?

I found a smear worse tbh, at least sweeps/internals use only hands whcih are soft! lol

I didnt find my sweeps or internals painful at all, they were slightly uncomfortable - but mostly because people were rummaging in my foof rather than any physical discomfort iykwim?

I found a smear worse tbh, at least sweeps/internals use only hands whcih are soft! lol

I found the sweep I was given just before due date uncomfortable then the one they gave me in labour ....will haunt me for life :haha:

I spent 2 and a half hours there watchin bbc1 :) Eastenders, Holby City (made me cry lol) and Survivors with Matthew curled up on me mostly all snug was really nice :) Definately going to invest in a sling/wrap he was so relaxed and content all snuggled up!

The internal one of the doctors gave me in labour - was horrible. I nearly passed out and so did my mum who was just standing next to me! I dont know what he did.. or why.. but i went all dizzy and lightheaded and saw black spots and the next thing i know my mums on the other side of the room sitting down with her head between her knees saying oh my god i just about passed out there.. and the midwife giving us both a glass of water. Seriously.. im actually really worried about if they are gonna do an internal at the 6 week check.. im really scared now.

I had alot of swobs/internals in my fertility testing/treatments, uncomfy but non have been painful

Nic, Im glad you had a good day :flower:

You only need a smear at 6week checkif you're due one, even then i was told you don't have to have it if you feel it's too soon.

Mta - I'm pleased to say my experience was much better than chuck's. Refused sweep on 28th as dh was still ill, he started to feel better the next day and we were planning to go to the cinema. Jake must have taken that as a sign he could come out, first contraction 3.30am, he was out by 11.30am! Hospital didn't think i was in established labour, we only went to get checked at the day clinic, she popped my water doing the internal and told me i was 8cm dilated! Jake was born 2 hours later.

Did have a cut, but the stitches afterwards were worse than the cut itself. Small price to pay and i guess i should have used the gas and air, didn't bother with it at all, seemed like too much hard work to figure out how to breathe it in.

Can't believe how grown up some of your babies look already, will have to remember to get the camera out so i don't miss too much of Jake being tiny.

I just remembered what he was doing during that internal. Moving part of my cervix that was caught on her head.:cry:

I cant stop thinking about it all, i didnt for ages but last few days i keep going over and over it all, just want to cry. who do i ask for a de-briefing and copy of my notes?

Got to write the complaint letters too. :nope:

My 'hv said that if your notes have gone back into the hospital ether then unfortunately you pay £50 to see them and you arent allowed to copy them!!!! Ludicrous!!

She advised me to 'lose' mine until I've copied them.

I still don't have enough perspective to write my complaint letters - its all still too raw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->