*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

My mums writing mine and im just signing it.

I want to have a de-briefing,

My notes never left the hospital, I'll just have to pay and photocopy. I might ring the GP surgery and ask them cos my hv was meant to rung yesterday to arrange her visit this week but she didnt.. so no idea when shes coming!

Thats good you can get a copy, I'm glad I still have mine, they go back when my MW signs me off - this usually has happened by now but mines keeping me until I've seen the counsellor.

My MW is also putting going to put in a clinical complaint about our treatment - only having 20 mins together after the section before Dad was thrown out, no painkiller prescribed, no section recovery advice/wound care advice, no one checked baby before we left - not even his tags!!

btw - anyone whos interested after our chatting about prints kat is selling an inkless foot/hand print thingy for £9

https://www.babyandbump.com/buy-swap-sell/253181-loads-random-baby-related-things-look.html

I cant remember if they checked Emilies tags or not :blush: the pedi did check her over before we were able to leave though & someone checked my scar too

No1 checked my scar or gave me any care advice for it, i just listened to my mum as shes a nurse and her friends a hv and a mw she told me what to do when i asked her. Ava got checked over but not before we left the hospital, was a few days before. was in there so bleedin long! we waited 3 hours for my painkillers aswell and the pharmacy was closed by the time we chased it up with the mw.. turns out they were sitting somewhere and nobody had brought them to us. 4.pm on xmas eve.. if they hadnt made the prescription by lunch time id not of been able to leave! so they were sitting in some corner. !

Well, that was our first sleep filled night! She slept from 6-12, 1-5:30 and 7-10:30. I feel well rested! :D Paying for it now though. I think my antibiotics are upsetting her tummy too much, but they're supposed to be BF friendly :(

Well done on the weight gains everyone!!! They're really coming along :D

Sounds like the December stars had the most negligent health care ever... I've never seen so many traumatic labour/post natal stories in one place. Scares me a bit.

I just took it as a given they would check you were taking YOUR baby from the hospital.

When my sister had her children the labour/delivery/postnatal wards were very secure you had to get buzzed in and out and sign a register. Mother and baby were ID'd and checked when they left.

Ah well different hospitals though.

I had to send hubby to the supermarket to get me painkillers!

It is sad isnt it that so many women have such an awful time.

I'm lucky I have been pointed in the right direction to get some support, my MW wont sign me off until she's satisfied I'm getting that help either.

I have a counselling appt next week, theres a service offered by the birthing centre called birth afterthoughts where you can go through your notes with a consultant MW and talk about what happened and why things were done up to 2 years after the birth. When I'm able to get out I'll be going to that.

I must be awful to go through the experience I did and not have the support I do from my MW's and Hubby.

we had to be buzzed in & out the maternity unit

Charlie, Good luck at your counselling appointment :hugs::hugs:

It is scarey how many awful experiences they were :growlmad:

Leanne, Im glad you had a restful night :happydance:

We got buzzed in and out as well, no-one checked it was our baby we were taking but all babies were with mum all the time and had alarms on the cribs if you did have to leave them. I was in a room on my own and didn't go into any of the other rooms, only saw other mums and babies in the day room.

I was a bit scared by how many people had bad experiences that I read before I went into labour, there seemed to be lots of emergency sections/failed inductions going on, SOO lucky that everything was ok for me.

I'd def take a copy of your notes if you can, I didn't realise MW would take them. I don't have any reason to want to keep them but I would have scanned them into my computer if I did.

I would have took my notes as well. I think its a bit unfair coz when your "away with the fairies etc" you miss things or dont really register what going on and some of us would like to read what all happened etc!

Leaving the Maternity Unit to go home... i kept asking from 2pm could i go yet and someone kept saying il send a midwife down to check alls ok beforehand....it got to 6pm and decided im going tough s*** lol and when walking past nurses station i said "im away" and one looked up and smiled and said thats ok etc then back to what she was doing! I could have lifted anyone's LO and been leaving with them! Not that i would have lol but i thought i would have had to sign out or something...i mean what if there was a fire and id left and a fireman is inside a burning building looking for me and LO because it doesnt say anywhere that i'd gone home. Bit drastic but sure lol

How's everyone today? Anyone doing anything exciting? xx

As Molly was up and down between NICU and the Maternity unit twice a day, they didn't tag her... but most babies are tagged and people did need to be buzzed in and out.

I was asked to do an electronic questionnaire as I was leaving. It was very well worded so that I couldn't say much bad... things like "Were staff helpful and polite", "were things explained to you?" not "was your baby overdosed?", "did anyone apologise?"

I feel lucky to have had a fairly straightforward labour, but I'd have taken anything to have skipped that week of worrying Molly was ill when she was actually fine.

Not up to much today, going for another wander into town. I have too many vouchers to spend and most of them I'm going to try to find something for Molly with. Any nice baby things in boots?

If eating cheese on toast while Lo is actually sleeping during the day for the first time since last week is exciting then yep thats what I'm doing. LOL

Its been snowing all morning but luckily its really light and its not sticking, I want it to go away!!!!! I want to be able to get out of the house without needing people to help!

I made a chicken tagine for tea last night and had to get help to get the bloody thing out of the over, damned le creuset pan being so heavy. I am really fed up of not being to do stuff now, it rubbish.

Hubby is off work tomorrow and friday yay so I get some company oh and all the fun of the dentist on friday...boo.

Oh if anyone is interested Boots apparently have shade-a-babes in store for £8.50!!

We're getting one for bubba for the Summer, I hate parasols on pushchairs they're so ineffective and cumbersome especially if you dont constantly move the darned thing around.

Shade-a babes are usually around £30!!

Boots have some cute clothes too!!

It is shocking how many Dec babies/mums had bad times, its because its busy and christmas and everything, care goes down the hill. when it shouldnt be like that..

We had a good night too, she got a bath and bottle downstairs then slept a bit but we came up to bed,i was still up at 12 so she started to stir, fed her at 1 and then she had some wind and was a bit unsettled till about half past/quarter to two but then she slept till 9. I stayed in bed on here this morning and just had an hours nap, shes still asleep! so gonna have lots of awake time this afternoon and evening which is good!

Baby group tomorrow. :D

Asda also start there baby & toddlar event 19th Jan - 6th Feb so maybe worth a look when it starts

I was just over the weaning section I know were all a far bit away from it but wanted to read anyway :blush::haha:

its amazing how much changes :wacko:

Jealous of the good nights Dewi was a pain!

He seemed to want to eat every 2 hours...for a FF baby thats often! He has developed a habit of being nice and awake for ages after his 3/4am feed...very very annoying! What makes it worse is that he'll drift off really quickly while I'm trying to wind him then poop so I go change him and he wakes up and wants to stay awake!!

Eeehehe, those shade a babes look cute! Bargain too! As for clothes, Molly has so many it's not even funny. I need to stop.

I might actually use some of the voucher to print out lots of photos of Molly, for frames and for Thank you cards. I was going to take individual pictures of her with the things that people have bought her but then I realised that I can't be arsed... sounds cute, but too time consuming.

Yeah, I guess Christmas = low staffing and people's minds being elsewhere. Not very professional though. It bothers me because where I was is supposed to be one of the best trusts in the UK. Very highly rated etc. So, if they're so great for neonatal care and overdose babies then god knows what the other neonatal units are like :/

Aw Chuck, it'll get easier. Molly loves to sleep all day and be awake all night, last night was, hopefully, the start of me being able to sleep at night and do things during the day! You're preaching to the choir about getting nothing done :p I sit around in my pyjamas most days, smelling like old milk and dreaming of showers. :lol:

Asda also start there baby & toddlar event 19th Jan - 6th Feb so maybe worth a look when it starts

I was just over the weaning section I know were all a far bit away from it but wanted to read anyway :blush::haha:

its amazing how much changes :wacko:

The weaning section is cute! You think 6 months seems like so far away and like such a big age but this month has flown and I can already see such changes in her. She's very alert and babbles and talks a lot. I'm convinced she can say hello already :rofl: They'll be chomping on sausages and bananas before we know it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->