*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

ooh i would love a mei tai. A user on here is lending me her moby to try out and use but ive to give it back so she can use it for her second. :D

I dont know when the hv will come back lorna.. she said she would ring on tuesday.. but she said that last week and didnt ring till today... And no she didnt plot the weight in my red book.. last week OR this week.!

I sold my babasling on here and im going to use the money to buy a blueberry nappy :D

My friend was just over and brought Ava the most gorgeous dress! its like cinderella.. hopefully it will fit her in june for my uncles wedding.

Does everyone want babies birthdays on first post?? ill try get them up.... post them

Im drolling over them and the lovely patterns and designs....I want!! lol Have fallen in love with that owl one and am now on the hunt for one like it which i could buy when i get paid!

I noticed HV didnt plot Matthews weight yesterday either :( Though she did last two times so maybe its only every two weeks or something Im not sure lol

Lol good choice sell one thing buy another :haha: I do that often lol

Awwwk that was really nice of her!! I love cooing over the cute baby girls dresses and the baby boys suits etc with the wee waistcoats and ties!! And buying them :haha:

I would not want to total up how much I've spent since Matthew was born lol I was team yellow so when he was born i went a bit crazy :blush:

caleb was born 3rd december. I'm 25 this year so think i'm due smear to. Quite scared to be honest cos of the pain they caused when i had internal when i was being induced but i'm sure the smear will be ok x x

:rofl:

Ive been pretty good on spending tbh, quite economical in my choices id say. When you dont have much to spend you cant!

Altho i did just order a baby book and matching photo album from mamas and papas :D

:rofl:

Ive been pretty good on spending tbh, quite economical in my choices id say. When you dont have much to spend you cant!

Altho i did just order a baby book and matching photo album from mamas and papas :D

Playing catch up!!!

Noah was due 9th Dec and born on 16th Dec! Putting the Birthdays on is a good idea!!!

How easy is the Mei Tai to use? Been looking all day for slings and I don't know what to go for? help ladies please!!

I am 28 and have had 3 smears!!!!!! Am I one of the oldest stars? :flower:

Hope you are all well. I am always rubbish at remembering individual posts when I have so much catching up to do :blush: :flower:

caleb was born 3rd december. I'm 25 this year so think i'm due smear to. Quite scared to be honest cos of the pain they caused when i had internal when i was being induced but i'm sure the smear will be ok x x

I think a smear after an induction will be a breeze.. think the induction would of been worse.

Matthew was born 15th Dec. I have to get a smear done because I've had a baby once he's 3 months old. I think Im the youngest Dec Mummy :blush: Im 19!

I like the patterns of mei tai's they look fairly easy to use compared to a lot of slings/carriers lol the cheap one i have atm has so many buckles and clips its unreal!

I love my slings! I have a pouch-style sling, a moby and a babyhawk (mei-tai).
I would say absolutely they one I use most is the babyhawk - it is sooo comfy and easy to put on/off without help. I wear it while I cook and do stuff around the house and it always feels secure. It also has a snazzy skull pattern I couldn't resist. :haha:

I like the moby but I need help putting it on - it is kind of an ordeal if I want to use it in public as I need OH to help. But it does give you more carrying options - breastfeeding hold, cradle hold, side, forward, backward - whereas the babyhawk is either backpack style or front (facing you). The pouch sling was good at first, but LO isn't comfy in it anymore so I don't use it.

xx

Hey Sun!! :) Thanks for the baby sling opinions :) I looked at the moby but wasnt sure think im definately gonna get a babyhawk mei tai ...when i get paid of course :haha: doing my best not to touch my savings lol so tempted though!

Oh ladies....I went on Argos Website and browsed through my local stores clearance items (searched by postcode) and there's some really good bargains and good few baby items really cheap! You should search your local store! Ours has baby monitors reduced from £50.00 to £29.99 and the Mama's and Papa's Lottie Ladybird (9months +) from £49.99 to £17.99!! I think its a wee bit girly but not by much....my mum is buying it for Matthew for his 1st Birthday next December :haha: :dohh: I dont know why I show her these things lol

Hows everyone today? Matthew slept from 12.30am til 5.30am then 6am til 9am and is sleeping now again!

xx

Ava slept 12-6.30 and then till 9 when i woke her cos he bum reeked! :rofl:

Im just sitting in waiting for the damn nurses - called surgery to ask to speak to them to ask them to come to me first.. said they would call me, that was at 8 30, now no call and no show of them either and babygroup starts in 5 mins :(

They better come soon, were both up washed and ready to rock!

Molly slept 9pm - 2am, 4am - 6am, 8am til 11am and is sleeping now. Can't seem to master feeding her and getting her to go straight back to sleep at night. She likes to have a good stare around and wont go in her basket unless she's tired, which is fair enough I guess.

Wanting to go out again today. Sick of the snow, though. Grr.

As for slings, I really can't decide. I was going to get a babasling but I can see no reason as yet. She prefers to be on us but she also prefers to be uprightish for most of that. I'm thinking mei tai as it'll last us a lot longer. I have a wilkinet which I haven't tried but I dunno... not as comfy or stylish looking :D

Lol I think us Dec Mummies are gonna end up being Mei Tai mummys as well :haha:

Arg I have been on argos website again this morning....:blush: Guess who's gonna end up spending some of her savings?? lol

I've had a nice bath, some lunch and been playing about on pc while Matthews sleeping :) He's due to wake soon and will probably be awake for the rest of the afternoon lol. Was going to take him out in his pram for a walk but the prams in the boot of my mums car :dohh: which is in getting serviced before MOT tonight. Im an idiot! :haha:

Whats everyone else doing today?

Did the Nurse come out Claire? Doctors Surgerys rarely ever get back to you lol Hope the Baby group's going good. Im still waiting on the list of local ones from the HV she keeps forgetting :growlmad: said she'll bring it next Tuesday! She better lol xx

Ah it rained today yay!! Lots of the snow and ice has gone so I should be able to go out!!! yay.

But boo..I'm destined to never get a frickin break in hospitals now aren't I?? After the horrific delivery and lack of care I received, the pointless trip to a tongue tie clinic that wasn't on I went to see the counsellor at Margate hospital...only for the bloody fire alarm to go off!!!!

We had to do half the session in her car FFS!!!

Whats everyone else doing today?

Did the Nurse come out Claire? Doctors Surgerys rarely ever get back to you lol Hope the Baby group's going good. Im still waiting on the list of local ones from the HV she keeps forgetting :growlmad: said she'll bring it next Tuesday! She better lol xx

yeah she came at 11, so my friend and me went to get rolls at lunch time and post office etc do a few jobs then went to hers for the afternoon and mum picked me up after work and we had a chippy for tea! :D

Her LO is 14 months or so, 15 maybe, and she loves ava its so cute, she was pushing her in the swing and sharing her crisps, trying to put her hat on her and her blanket and kept coming to check she was ok!! :kiss:

so cute. Getting my hair done tomorrow, THANK GOD.

and think my imprint might be dry now..............:yipee:

what about you??

Playing catch up!!!

Noah was due 9th Dec and born on 16th Dec! Putting the Birthdays on is a good idea!!!

How easy is the Mei Tai to use? Been looking all day for slings and I don't know what to go for? help ladies please!!

I am 28 and have had 3 smears!!!!!! Am I one of the oldest stars? :flower:

Hope you are all well. I am always rubbish at remembering individual posts when I have so much catching up to do :blush: :flower:

I'm 29 (and not for much longer either!) so you're not the oldest.

Think I've had 3 smears and due another one, they aren't that bad really, can't decide if they are any more/less comfortable than an internal, probably a bit nicer actually, I wouldn't worry about them cos the more tense you are the worse they are.

I also want a sling, had been looking at babaslings but might look at these others too now, thanks for the ideas girls.

Awwwk Claire thats so cute!!!

I was in Tesco's last week and bumped into a friend with her little girl :dohh: she kept trying to steal Matthews dummy off him :dohh: True he doesnt suck it much but I'd just got him settled with his dummy in and she yanked it out :haha: Her mummy yelled at her though :( I was like its ok seriously she didnt hurt him!

I need my hair done...havnt had it done since about August last year...flip thats really bad :haha: Its waaay down my back and has a lot of split ends and is perfect for Matthew to grab hold of any loose strands *ouch*

Oh and I emptied my basket online at argos :wohoo: In a bid to start saving more and stop wasting money especially savings money!lol Very proud of myself!:)

Today Matthews been really good so far has been in his moses basket a lot more and has stayed pretty settled I even got to play the Wii for nearly an hour!! :) Though still havnt been allowed to use the wii fit :( Blooming Midwifes telling me I have to wait at least 6 weeks :growlmad: lol

.....I chatter away faaaaaar too much :haha:

I need my hair done too usually I use the Lorel couleur experte its so easy to do I think Ill pop & get one at the end of the month

How is everyone?

Emilie came down with a cough yesterday bless her shes been coughing all night & even though she still slept I didnt :blush: I got a Dr's appointment for this morning at 10 least than I know shes been checked over kwim?

I think bigger babies just like to pick on smaller ones. Jake met his 10 month old cousin last week, he was asleep and in his car seat but she decided she was going to grab his foot and pull at it, had to stop her quick! She was much better with him the second time, but it's fascinating how she just kind of stared at him.

I really need to go and get my hair cut too, thinking of getting it cut really short so I don't have to do much to it, I do that every few years and then grow it again. We'll see when I actually get around to going, want to feel like Jake has a bit of a routine first otherwise I can see me having to BF him mid haircut, not a good look I don't think!

I really need to go back to sleep, Jake wouldn't sleep last night, stayed up till 3am and then woke up again at 7. I *think* he might have gone back to sleep now (he's in his crib and I'm listening on baby monitor before you worry I've just left him somewhere!) so might try and do the same. Main pain is that DH is going back to work 2 days a week to extend his paternity leave and help out his boss and today is one of the days he had to go so he'll be knackered bless him. I did say he could go sleep in the spare room but he didn't. Hopefully he'll be better tonight, he's been pretty good so far so hoping that was a one off.

Jake's birthday is 30th Dec btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"