*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

Well, Chuck... you're braver than me :lol:

I'm very well thanks, lorna, just sitting around after a busy morning/afternoon. I bought the "Happiest baby on the block" dvd and it's actually very good. There's nothing new in it but he has a few clever tricks that seem to work well. So, hopefully next time I'm stuck and trying to cajole Molly to sleep I'll be able to see if they really work! How are you?

x

yeah a section would be the easier option, but also the least traumatising and less risk of anything happening again like it did last time. Def what i will do if i have more kids. Go in, walk into theatre, epi in, wham baby out, recovery room then leave next day. I want no room for error, no risk of anything repeating itself, in there for as little time as possible. I'll be making sure all my urine samples are double checked aswell - not going to give them the chance to miss an infection again.

I'll be making sure all my urine samples are double checked aswell - not going to give them the chance to miss an infection again.

Whats the story with that now missy? How are things in that department?

Speaking of wee samples I dutifully produced 2 of my 3 wees after having my catheter out all was well...I went to give my 3rd after a shift change told the MW that it would be in the cardboard pan on the loo, a couple hours later I go to the loo again and it was still there!!!

So much for it being very important that they check 3 samples!

....so what are these tricks then Femme or are you waiting until you've tried them before sharing?

Charlie, :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Leanne, Im doing good thanks :flower: Ive heard alot of good things about that dvd

il be going with a planned section next time! lol if i decide to have another baby the guy can pay for me to go private!:haha:

i had to give 3 samples of wee in a big massive industrial sized jug :haha: it was horrible looking! Its strange though i really didnt want an epidural because i was scared of having a catheter put in etc and i ended up with a catheter but no epidural lol

Ohhh share the tips :) I have a cranky baby today he's been really unsettled since the HV left just after 2pm! but his temperature was fine( she checked) and i have to keep an eye on it if it goes up beyond slight fever and stays up i have to get an emergency docs appointment. But frig.....guess how much he weighs???!! lol he's 5 weeks today someone guess lol

11lbs??

chuck everything SEEMS fine but ive not had any UTI symptoms AT ALL throughout... i never had any before either when i was pg, but there was always stuff in my urine and theyd send it off but never get back to me about it, for 6 weeks they did that. test- yup needs sent off- nothing? My kidneys are agony tho, im so glad i have a good baby and i amnt dealing with a cranky crying baby all the time aswell as the pain. The doc meant to be calling me any min now but shes not.. Im seeing her end of week and will probably be sent for a scan and she wants yet more samples! really friggin pissing me off now.

my hospital did that with samples too, was gross. carboard tubs in the toilet just waiting and nothing ever done about it!

Def what i will do if i have more kids. Go in, walk into theatre, epi in, wham baby out, recovery room then leave next day.
Im sure your still in 3 days even with a planned one?

I dont want a c section again at all :blush:

My hospital people left the next day so long as they felt ok and were feeding well :D its not 3 days anymore there,

He's 11lbs6oz!!!!! :( He's growing so fast... like a pound a week!!Greedy wee sod :haha:

Claire your hospital sounds so bad!! They're supposed to let you know if there's anything wrong with samples etc!

Least you's got cardboard tubs :haha: I got an industrial measuring jug :haha: Dont think anyone could have actually filled it :haha:

The hospital was bad!! Theres a big new sparkling one opening end of summer so there been no money spent on it in years and years and years, and theyre so short staffed. New one should be really good tho.

oh right thats good if thats what you wanted to do, I always thought it was still 3 :blush: maybe its different at different hospitals? :shrug:

maybe, but even if i did have to stay 3 days, id rather that than risk anything like what happened this time. :)

You can look on youtube for the techniques but it's basically based around the 5 s'. This site can explain it better than me: https://www.babyslumber.com/happiestbaby.html

She's been absolutely fine today. I think a lot of the issue is that she's breastfed and digests her food faster and so is hungry more. Generally, FF babies are more settled because they're fuller faster and for longer.

Other than that, she's a very happy little thing. Very smiley and alert all day, she laughs in her sleep which is sooo cute. She laughed a little today but mostly just babbles at us :D

Chuck - you said want another close to get terrbile 2's out the, 1 of the things im hating right now, in way i think i would have prefered a long gap because of that reason.

Last night i was washing hollie came across to me what looks like her shoulder doesnt look same as the other side. This is rather hard thing to describe, i wont go into much detail incase wrong (which hope i am!) kinda looks double jointed, as though shoulder aint sitting in the same place, so when puts her arm down the crease where armpit should be is lower, and because not been lying right its created a new crease in the skin which is extremely red.

Also, she was born with a lump on her head, had be checked over before we got discharged, but it seems to have grown slightly, so got appt for friday morning get her checked over, if shes still stuffy going ask for some nasal stuff to.

On plus side had very good night slept from 9 till 4.30 then till 7.30 then 11.

I could never have an section planned.

MTA - :hugs: I hope Hollie is ok!! Must be madness having a newborn baby and Amber to look after!

MTA - :hugs: I hope Hollie is ok!! Must be madness having a newborn baby and Amber to look after!

Thanks.

I dont get 5mins unless there both asleep. Just have to plan my day out otherwise it goes tits up lmao.

Hows Matthew?

Yeah thats one thing i wouldnt want, two very close together, i think about a 4yr gap is ideal, or even 5 so oldest is at school and you have time alone with baby etc. I hate being so close to my brother, get on much better with my sister and theres 7yrs between us.

hi all x caleb was weighed today, 9lbs 4 now so put on 5 oz.hv said he is fine and has his first lot of jabs in 2 weeks. caleb has got to go to hospital just for check up cos of being on neonatal.he is fine though.
I have just started him on stage 2 milk cos he just wants more at night and hv said its fine lets see how he goes tonight.
I think next time i have next baby i will probably be booked in for c-section because of my blood pressure and risk of pre eclampsia. The only thing i didnt like about it was i felt so tired and drained and i just wanted to see caleb.
1st night on own was fine, caleb moaned after last bottle for bit then 12-6 ish he was asleep.
Hope everyone is ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->