*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

I love the picture of Laura smiling :cloud9:

Im doing good thanks :flower: How is Laura doing?

I was at the Dr's Monday for my 6 week check too :dohh: Im there Monday again so Ill ask than

She's doing really well actually, she's going about 5 or 6 hours between each feed now and taking about 5 ozs each time. She loves laying on her play mat and kicking around :D

She was weighed today and she'd 11lb 10oz which is great considering she lost so much when she was first here. Her head is 40.1 cm though, lol!!

I am good thanks Lorna! :hugs:

Do you all get 6 weeks checks? My PCT does it as an 8 week check and it's a full appointment for me and LO. I get my check with doc and Noah see's HV and gets his jabs!

Noah went to bed at 10pm and I know I should go to sleep too, but it's nice to have a little bit of "us time"

Nice to see you Puppycat! :hugs:

I wish Matthew would go to bed he's been grizzly all day and hasnt slept much only happy if being fed or me holding him so been on bnb most of today!! and my arms are sore lol

yup my 6 week check is on monday morning then 8 week one for LO.

I had my 6 week check yesterday, it was basically just a chat and I'm back on the pill, (pop). Pointless really. No internal. Meh, can't complain really.

Molly's been awake since 4:30 :dohh: she's no ben crying, just happy and awake. I've had about 5/6 hours sleep though so I'm OK. She went back to sleep at 6:30 as soon as I brought her downstairs :lol:

She was awake lots yesterday, smiling loads. They're such silly little smiles :cloud9:

x

FemmeEnceinte, I agree the 6 week check was alittle pointless :wacko:

Emilie always falls back to sleep when I bring her downstairs :dohh::haha:

how are you?

I'm good thanks, a bit bored... Molly's sleeping on me and there's naff all on the TV. You? x

What did they do/ask at 6 week appointment? I have mine on Monday morning and its a Locum doctor or something :shrugs: as the "pregnancy/baby" doctor is off on holidays!

:haha: note to self never put LO on your bed with no nappy on :haha: i got pee and a massive poo on my duvet!

Is this safe to do? Matthew's sleeping but twice i think he went to be a bit sick and i think he swallowed it again :( So i popped a blanket at the top of his moses basket under the mattress so as his head is more raised just in case he is sick!

How is everyone today? Im a tad tired and got a bit of a headache but other than that im grand!

Im good thanks :flower:

Theres never anything I can find on the TV these days :wacko:

Prob tidy up alittle later when Emilie is asleep :coffee:

They raise baby's mattress in hospital in case they're sick, so it's definitely safe.

The 6 week check - The doctor just asked if I had any complaints and asked what contraception I wanted to be on. She couldn't have said "you don't want to get pregnant again" more times than she did... must have been about 10 times in a 3 minute appt. :/

A locum doctor is one that goes from practice to practice as a stand in.

Ahhh thought that was what a locum was :haha: thanks!

I dont know how many times my hv and the community midwifes have said that! I'll probably get it again on Monday. I know they're just doing their job etc but sometimes you think that they think we're stupid and they have to constantly repeat it. Felt so tempted on tuesday there to say to HV I heard you the first time so give over :haha:

Do they think we're mad? Molly is a little handful, I'm not having another for 5 years! :lol:

I know what you mean about the contraception thing, they asked before they discharged me from hospital and a couple of times since we've been home.

I politely pointed out that we've been together over 10 years, and we only got him because we decided we wanted him, so they didn't need to worry! Not even going to consider having another one for at least 2 years....

Thanks - It's nice to be seen!!

I had my check I guess when Laura had her jabs etc. They just asked how I was feeling, how my stitches are and what I was planning conraception wise. I am planning on having the coil fitted, what about you ladies??

hi. just got back from 6 week check. everything ok apart from i have blood and protien in water works. so ive got to have kidneys scanned soon. I`m back on iron tablets and my blood pressure ones to.
Ive got back on pill because i want to wait at least year and half till i start planning for next.
My midwife was the opposite with the getting pregnant again, she said hope to see you soon in the pre-conception clinic (cos of diabetes) i was quite shocked.
It was realy quiet in there our hospital has the winter vomiting bug and has stopped all visitors on wards and steve had to wait outside the clininc cos it was patient plus one but because we had caleb i had to go in on own,
Caleb is fine sleeping in car seat in push chair. think i might get an hour sleep but i know he will wake up.
Hope everyone and little ones are ok xx

Theres a board Im on where a November mummy is already pregnant again! :wacko:

my appointment was BP check, scar check, asked how I was feeling/weather I felt I was coping ect, I already knew that I wanted either pill or the depo (I went for the depo) was a pretty quick appointment

Faye, Im glad your check went well, sorry your having to have a kidney scan though :hugs:

Im going try and reply many things as i can

First off hey puppycat.

No 6 wk check up for me this time, 8wk check up + jabs. I personally dont find it difficult, amber was never a problem, never usually cried. Hollie had have her heel prick redone over week (forgot to mention) she just sucked on my fingers and didnt cry.

I made appt to get more pill, but OH went work with buggy in the car so i had to cancel was for tuesday just gone, got wait till the 9th feb.. am basically screwed. On subject of pill am well confused.... im about 3/4 through i think, yesterday i bled a bit, today again its brown today :S v got awful pains in my gut. Hoping just big diet causing it.

CAn raise the mattress, iv had to it for hollie with her stuffy nose (still there)
I took her to docs today, shoulder is okay, but got thrush in that armpit. Got lump checked out on her head, said its okay but still keep eye on it as we had mentioned it seems to have grown, doc said may have option in future to put through little op to get it removed. She has a touch of nappy rash, iv getting some nasal drops.

MTA, Emilie didnt cry on her heel prick test either, Sorry Hollie is still stuffy I hope the nasal drops work :hugs: sorry Hollie has thrush :hugs:

which pill is it?

Thanks. Just cant believe never noticed it in her armpit sooner:dohh:
Its cilest. Or is it spelt Clist, i dunno lol

U & Emilie okay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly