*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

:sick:

Id rather eat my own sick than eat onions! :rofl:

And, OMG, i cant believe the cheek of that woman calling a 5 week old baby a spoilt brat!! of COURSE your gonna pick him up if hes so upset!! Stupid old hag. hope she falls over or something. so rude aswell, telling you how to parent... whats so special about her?

im hungry now for a cheese sandwich (minus the onion puhleeeezzee) :haha::haha:

I had cheese on toast for lunch...Dewi finally went to sleep and has been asleep a lil while now thankfuly so a few jobs have been done at last!.

...oh and spoiled??? What a joke, she may have had a wonderful child (yeah right) but babies cry!!

Hey!

Lullaby - Thanks. Noah didnt have a temp and after putting him to bed at 10 on 1oz he slept until 2am!! We were a bit shocked,must have been cos he ate all day!

How funny all this talk of Fajitas! that's what I have out for tea.... Fattening tea cos I am off to Slimming world tonight! Need (want) to lose 3 stone before wedding which is about 2lb a week so fairly manageable!

It's hard to manage at home all day with a ne baby! My saving grace is the Rainforest Swing from Mothercare. he loves to sit in it, albeit only for 10-20 mins at a time but you can get lunch or put a wash in etc. I do have to cuddle him to sleep during the day tho!

How dare some one call a baby a spoilt brat!!!! I am a firm believer in you can't spoil a new born!

Claire - I hate onions too.... I can't bare them in any food :haha::haha:

I had to pick James up from school today cos they rang and said he was poorly..... came home and he's bloody right as rain! :nope: They are so quick to send them home. He has a bit of a cough and was warm, but he had just been out at playtime playing football.. so go figure that "warmth" :shrug:

Well, he'll be there tomorrow cos I am off out with my Auntie to choose the material for the bridesmaid dresses!!! :happydance:

*disclaimer - Obviously if he is really ill I won't abandon him at school I just know how 8 year old boys work!!!! :haha:

Omg, well ladies... you're looking at the newest writer for a popular cloth nappy site! I get freeeebies to trial and review, I also get to write about lots of things baby related. And as many of you know... I have lots to say :rofl: Molly will be pleased.

I'm so excited! Hope I'm allowed to tell people... :lol:

I am dreading Caleb crying in town or when I'm out cos I hate it when other people think they know what your baby needs or wants. I thought my parents were going to say something yesterday cos Caleb was crying because he was tired after his feed and I was eating my tea but after a silly cry he went to sleep.
I am being boring and just having a jacket potato with salad.managed to get a bath while Steve looks after Caleb, it's so nice xx

Just read about 5 pages at once so here goes on the reply....

Chuck, my SIL must have done similar just after she had her baby, and waited ages for :witch: to turn up, she did lots of pregnancy tests when it didn't turn up when she was expecting it but wasn't pregnant. (She was bottle feeding too btw)

Femme - I didn't get anything done the first day I was home with Jake alone. Today we've managed to go to grandma's and to asda, you'll get used to it honest.

Flower - sounds like James just fancied coming home early, hope he's ok and you have fun looking at wedding stuff.

Lullaby - spoilt? no, picking kids up when they cry is called comforting them, like good parents do. If you hadn't someone else would have said that you weren't looking after him properly, you can't win can you?

Like I say, I've had quite a productive day, Jake's been behaving himself, making up for not going to sleep till 1.30 I think, even though he slept till 7am once he was asleep. Does anyone have a proper bedroom routine yet?

I feel quite lucky cos Ava never cries, unless something is really wrong. Even when shes hungry she does this thing when she makes weird noises and flings her arms and legs around in the air. shes only ever properly cried when shes had trapped wind! Never out in public... shes sitting in her swing babbling to herself just now. I have to admit i dont find it as hard as people make out,(not that its not, im just lucky to have such a contented baby). I try not to moan when she has a rough night or something.. i think it would be chancing my luck!

I think of it like shes so good for me because i suffered so much end of pregnancy and labour this is to make up for it! :D:D

What nappies do you get to trial Femme?

Flower - i remember 8yr old boys antics well from my last job! chancers arent they! :)

the x-ray lady today asked me if i could be preg.. said no i have just had a baby.. 5 weeks ago... she then asked if i have had 'intercourse' since.. lol.. not a chance! even if i wasnt single.. i couldnt do that yet! I kinda feel like i have a whole new body now and i have to get used to it and stuff.. like its not MY body? its all differnet.. anyone else feel like that?

we havent got a routine yet, if caleb has a bottle at 9 i know he will wake at 12 just before i drift off but if he has a bottle at 11 he will sleep till 3/4 ish. I think his routine will come in time he`s only 8 weeks and still wants to be loved and to be honest they grow to quick so i dont mind xx

You are lucky :lol: Molly is a real grump!

Not sure but they have every kind of nappy... blueberries, bumgenius, ittis and they have other bits like baby legs. I get staff discounts and voucher codes apparently. Chuffed really, I never win anything and my stash is tiny yet so is good to try things and then buy more if I like them.

pink the routine will just fall into place, he will sort of just start to settle into it himself, imjust lucky she did it so early really. i was prepared for a lot more crying/less sleep but its just not happened ( touch wood )

yeah its good to try before you buy as they say! (nappies, not babies! :rofl: )

Faye, Emilie just fell into her routine too from when she was born shes always woke up every 3 - 4 hours for a feed

I knew what to half expect I have 7 neices & 5 nephews :haha:

Hello ladies

Chuck keep us updated on the AF situation, fingers crossed for you!

Had to take Laura to the drs today as we noticed a little lump on the back of her head but the dr seemed to think it was just a sollen gland after her jabs last week. Had to get it checked out though.

She cried in town for the first time today, had to make a beeline for the nearest cafe and get a bottle down her. I was annoyed though as they had absolutely NO facilities for changing her, if it was a small cafe I could understand but they're a large chain!! I was on the floor of the disabled toilet (yes I did have a mat down which I have in her bag) but it was disgusting! Grrr.

I got one of those signatures done too which I love!

Hugs to all you mummies xxx

i wish dewi would fall into a routine...he wants to eat anywhere from 1.5 hours to 4 hours, night or day, its a pain!!

He will eventually, some babies just take longer to settle. He will pick up if your stressed tho and it will stress him so try keep calm and get in a relaxing bath if you can. Babies are so sensitive to our emotions and will pick up on them no matter what they are, so chances are if your stressed out the baby will be too x

Is it normal fora 4 week old to be able to roll over from their front to their back? Dewi keeps doing it, I thought it was a fluke the first time but he loves doing it!

Wow, that's strong! Molly has been rolling onto her side since birth but nothing like that. Be proud :D

he is nails lol... he's been able to hold his head up from day 1, he can lie on his front and hold it up for ages!

like i said i just wish he'd settle into more of a routine with feeds - its quite frustrating at the moment especially at night!

Emilies been the same from day 1, nosey buggar :haha: she has tried to roll but I think the 12Ibs *prob about 13Ibs now were see tomorrow* of weight behind her isnt helping in her favor shes gets so furstrated at times trying bless her :wacko: she can get onto her side but not roll, well done Dewie :thumbup:

Wow thats really good chuck!!! Be proud of your little muscle man :):)

Matthew can hold his head up for a while and I got my first PROPER big grins off him tonight :happydance: :happydance: Feel like im on a high :) Getting lots of unexpected dosh today and first proper smiles :) YAY!!!

Matthew doesnt really cry cry either just wingey wee whimpers unless as claire said something is wrong usually get the proper cry when he's trying to poo poor wee man lol right now he's lying on a playmat on the floor with some toys beside me grunting and just generally making all sorts of cry "ish" attention noises.

My mum's friend who called him a spoilt brat had my mum on the phone to her yelling :haha: I actually didnt expect my mum to take it so bad :haha: I know though if i had of left him in his pram crying and didnt pick him up someone would have said something lol

Matthew makes these weird noises after yawning its like kkkkkkkkkkeeeee or something scared the hell out of me the first time he done it lol

Ohhhhh free nappy testing etc ...thats amazing!! Wish we could all win something like that lol I have been looking all day for reusable nappys and think im gonna buy some flips as they're buy one get one free to try them out but they're so confusing still!!!
Was gonna buy some off here but they seem to get snapped up pretty quickly lol

Chuck know how you feel at night well evenings for me. matthew just eats and eats and eats and eats!! and sometimes he doesnt go 3 hours during the day either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->