*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

I use Pampers and I did with james. I have uber respect for you ladies using reusables, but they're not for me. I need an easy life!! :blush:

We're not in it to be eco-friendly its more a money matter and our rubbish only gets collected every 2c weeks...al those nappies dont leave much room for anything else and think how smelly it'd be in Summer!!

i do it for all reasons but mostly money saving, works out much cheaper esp when you buy a lot of them 2n hand and then can re-sell after, with me being alone i need to save in every way i can. :)

Ava had a baby friend over this afternoon and slept the whole time! ggrr

im looking into them for the money saving factor would like to get all different samples then buy a birth to potty set with sure start grant money when it comes through. Its all confusing though and i aint 100% sure on reusables yet. i think i need a shop selling reusables and someone to show me every single kind and explain it all to me lol

matthews definately having a growth spurt day he's barely slept been super wingey and is eating every 2 hours!lol

I do it because they're pretty :lol: and they're more comfortable for Molly. The cost isn't a huge deal. Also... bin collection every 2 weeks and OH has MISSED the past 2 collections... seriously, it's disgusting.

Oh and Molly has gained 13oz in a week! :lol: what a little chubber! She's now 10lbs 4oz :D I feel proud.

our council wont collect any rubbish not in a bin and they wont take a bin if the lid isnt closed!!!

Mt hv still hasnt contacted me to rearrange our contact time it was going to be thursday but we have the tongue tie clinic - I want to know how much he weighs!!

Hello ladies

Just catching up - you ladies can chat alright!!

Work - I work as head of Purchase ledger in a big uni down here, going back straight after Easter (April 6th) :( seems too short but we're skint.

Weight - Laura was 11lb 10oz on Thursday last week, she didn't gain an awful lot but was weighed with her clothes on the week before. Hoping to get her weighed again tomorrow.

We have reusable Terry's nappies but not been brave enough to try them yet - I'm not even sure where they are... :s We've been using Huggies, did have 2 packs of Pampers but hated them.

Any of you ladies ever had a mirena IUD?

I'm thinking about contraception lol yeah bit late I know after DTD the other day but if I havent caught (dear gawd please not yet!) I was thinking of getting one...OH doesnt want me on the pill as we want to TTC again soon so feels the hormones would be bad...me too but i like the pill its, clean and easy.

He hates condoms and diaphragms sound messy and annoying.

I do think the cloth nappies look very pretty! especially on little girls! I can totally see the cost and bin implications. I imagine if I looked into a bit more I might be more interested but I feel I have enough washing with 3 boys as it is! :haha:

Next questions... What are these baby leg things? I have heard people talk of them and seen some gorgeous pics but don't fully understand the significance of them?

They're grand for changing nappies. Molly isn't a fan of tights or anything that presses on her belly as she gets quite windy so it's a good way to cover her little legs annnd you can change nappies without taking them off. Same for little trousers really. Wouldn't imagine they'd look good with disposables because they're intended for being like trousers/tights... so the nappy is on show.

Basically, it's so we can show off the nappies :lol:

Leanne, :happydance: wtg Molly :D How are you?

Charlie, Ive never had the IUD but know a few poeple that have & had no problems

puppycat, :happydance: on lauaras gain :D How are you?

Nic, How are you?

I see about the baby legs now!

I am fine thanks Lorna. How are you? Just watching Shameless. Noah supposed to be a sleep but he just sat all bright eyed and bushy tailed!! Hmmmmmmmm :haha:

Nic, Im watching shameless too :haha: Im doing good thanks :flower:

I sky+ shamless to watch tomorrow :haha: i watched eastenders, holby city and survivors tonight :)

Matthew has chucked up again arg he has one big spew every evening lol

We certainly do chatter away laura's mummy :) Its mad trying to catch up if offline for a day or so :haha:

On the nappy front. Ive never had poo explosion with any of the nappies ive used with amber or on hollie so far.

I always used pampers with amber, no problems first year, when she started drinking alot more, they couldnt take her waters would leak, so went onto asda's lil angels, been on them almost a year and there fine and 3 for tenner does me.

With hollie i was given about 10 packs of huggies, had no problem, had newborn in lil angels, no problems but feel bit rough tbh. Nothing like 1's i have for amber. Iv used pampers. Dunno which to just stick to once all have gone.

Nothing really to report with hollie, aint been weigh again, probably just wait till my 6/8wk check up as i dont have car atm walking to docs is bit much for me, with having, got have eyes everywhere to watch that child lol.
Hollie sleeping is still all good :) Think may put on 5oz now. She been having that 6wk growth spurt i reckon, very hngry.

Morning ladies :)

When do babies get any sort of consistency in their behaviour? Jake was a pain yesterday, wouldn't stop crying but wouldn't sleep, today (so far) he's being really good (currently laid on my knee half asleep).

Going to get my hair done later, yey! Having it done by my brother's friend's girlfriend who is a mobile hairdresser so I don't have to take Jake into the hairdressers with all the hairspray and stuff in the air AND my bro can look after him whilst I get my hair done - double bonus!

Its a shame boys don't look as cool in baby legs as girls...I've got Dewi in a BumGenius now to see how he fares! It makes his ass huge lol!

HV called and I'll see her on the 2nd...finally I can get monster weighed again!! He was 7lb 2.5oz over a week ago so I'm reckoning he's nearly 8lb now the amount he has eaten! He certainly feels sooooo much heavier!

Ohhh JayDee I'm jealous I need my hair done badly its sooo messy, well it doesnt help that I havent washed in in what seems like an age - I never seem to get time for a nice bath!! lol.

...and I dont think babies/children ever get consistent do they?? Thats why by the time children leave home their mothers are completely bonkers!

Chuck do you have a clinic at your local doctor there should be one each week and you can go up and weigh him there?

HV just been, Ava's 10lb 14!!!!! shes just had a lil growth spurt, she had the 3 week one a week early too. why couldnt she of been this impatient when i was trying to get her out?!! :rofl:

shes trying to poo, in her beautiful mini lala nappy :(

I have no hair left!!! No, not really, it's just been so long since I had it cut that it feels a bit like that. Can tell already it will be much easier to deal with now though. It wasn't high mainentance before but did need straightening at the ends, now I should just be able to dry it in 5 minutes and go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->