*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

Hi all - finally joining the Dec stars baby club. Jake decided to come 10 days late on 30 Dec so he's still a little star :D

Going to read the full thread now, see how everyone is doing. Happy new year all x

Pink & Jaydee, Congratulations :happydance:

How are you both doing?

I think most newborns are the same. At night the house is quiet and they're used to the comfort and reassurance of hustle and bustle of the daytime so the quiet unsettles them. Sleeping on you is reassuring too. With Molly we sleep in shifts anyway and she sleeps perfectly well at night now with the tv on in the background and I've noticed her start to distinguish between night and day slightly, by herself.

Dewi is a bit odd like that he'll sleep ok in his carrycot/carseat during the day but he wont go down in his crib at night.

He's sleeping on me a lot of the time - problem is having had a section I cant just get up and put him in his crib easily to get him used to being in his crib!

grrr.

I'm getting so frustrated not being to move about easily.

Buy a baby sling maybe? I'm getting one so that I'm not chained to the sofa all day when she's having growth spurts :D

Chuck i know the feeling aswell, I have her in the snuggle nest in my bed which helps a bit but i still have to turn my body to the side and kind of twist to be able to get her out of it. i find getting up and lying/sitting down the hardest part.

Femme we cant wear slings yet cos they push on our wounds :( i have a babasling and carrier but cant use either, even when she lies on my stomach/chest it hurts when she kicks her legs out of something,i tend to hold them so she kicks my hands.

What painkillers are other c-sections on? i only got paracetemol and brufen.. but when i got home since i wasnt bf anymore i changed to co-codamol and brufen. It doesnt seem like a lot eh.. Can you guys see your wound's yet? im a bit weirded out to look haha!

I was on Co - codamol & Diclofenac sodium I stopped them over a week ago now

I found sitting from standing & walking the worst parts, I had a giant bit of flab that covered mine which I got an infection because the air wasnt getting too to the scar but its now lifted Im not weirded out by it I got DH to take a picture of it while still in the hospital so I could see :blush:

Its great to feel somewhat normal again :D

I cant wait to feel normal,having a shower takes me forever, bending and lifting to plugs and picking things up etc is sore aswell. i was really shocked that was all the pain relief offered after such a big operation.

I had staples and some of them really hurt coming out :(

*cringes at the thought of staples* :wacko: :hugs::hugs:

I had dissolveable stitches

Ouch, sounds really painful. I'm surprised they didn't send you home with some sort of codeine. They gave me codeine for 3 days due to the pain I had in my 2 stitches for a minor graze...

You could always try asking your GP?

As for the sling, I'm going for the babasling too. I have a carrier but she's too little for it just yet.

What painkillers are other c-sections on?

Ha Ashford hospital were so incompetent they didn't send me home with anything!!

I had to get Hubby to go buy paracetamol and ibuprofen.

They also gave me next to no wound care advice...I had to ask 3 differnet midwives for advice only to be told to leave it alone, and I got no other advice on recovering from the scetion without having to press people for it!

Hateful experience in that hospital.

wow nothing?? thats shocking!

I was sent home with 2 diff antibiotics, iron, paracetemol and brufen, it really isnt much at all, i take stronger things for a migrane nevermind an operation!

all i was told about wound care was dont wear clothes sitting on it.. wear pants/trousers/leggings over them high like granny pants or under really low. and to keep it as dry as possible but because of my infection i had to wash it a few times a day because temperature made it sweaty, so had to dry it extra well each time. still do.

I'm guessing most of you had emergency sections because i was quite sore for ages after my first, and was sent home with no pain relief!! My second i has an elective and about 2 weeks later i was back to normal!! I don't feel like i had one at all and this time i was sent home with pain relief. I hope things pick up for you and you get back to normal soon:hugs:

Congratulations to all the new mummies:flower: hope you are all coping well xxxx

nope not a sausage, no pain meds and i was only given bare minimum info and that was when I asked for it.

Appalling care.

My catheter was left unchecked we had to ask for it to be emptied more than once and at one point the tube came unattached so I was sitting in pee for gawd knows how long, being on morphine at that point I hadn't noticed the bed was soaked.

chuck are you going to complain??

im writing a letter of complaint about what happened to me.

i had to have my cathetar in for 48 hours instead of 24 and im convinced it made my infection worse. hated that thing!

Chuck, I agree I would complain, I cant beleive they sent you home with nothing :wacko: that sort of care is appaling :growlmad: :hugs::hugs:

Yeah mine was emergency too after failing to progress

i just managed to avoid the emergency section and ended up with a forceps delivery.

im so sore down there, just had a look and it looks like my episiotomy has opened up.

I feel for you topaz, you have to tell your midwife or go to the doctors, mine opened and they said it could get infected so gave me antibiotic tabs.
Can't believe how long it takes for you ladies to recover from section, I really hope it didnt spoil your xmas, so upsetting to have a lovely baby and not be able to snuggle them so much. Hugs for you all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->