*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

Ah it snowed alittle overnight here but nothing major

whats everyone doing for dinner tonight?

All the excitement of pork chops for us, carrots peas and garlic crushed potatoes.

Tomorrow is curry night though and we even got some lamb on special offer so it'll be a lamb curry for once...we make all our curries from scratch it can take hubby hours sometimes but worth it!

ah Lamb curry sounds good so does chops :D

I made a fishpie today so thats what we have

Flip its snowing again??!! Its sunny here sort of crisp weather....oh talking of crisps :rofl: Last night we were behind a massive lorry and I was trying to be smart and said looks like that lorry is overloaded and thats why its going so slow...my mum just looked at me and said what overloaded with crisps? Pointing at the massive Tayto sign on the back of it :rofl: Felt like such an idiot!!

Matthew's sleeping. He only took 3 and a half oz's though so dont think he'll sleep too long! Going to get my Tea now in case I cant get it later if he's still being grumpy lol

No snow here, it's actually quite nice.

Tried to go into town, but pulled out onto the main road just behind a massive abnormal load, police motorbikes, police cars and vans accompanying it, think it just about filled both lanes of the road. After I'd got 2 miles in 10 mins (the full trip is 12 miles and normally takes 20 mins) decided to give up and turned off and took him to see his grandma instead!

I'm planning to go back to work in June, but need to find a job first! Took voluntary redundancy in May cos my job wasn't very child friendly (lots of working far away and staying overnight) and the maternity package was rubbish too, centred around childcare vouchers when you went back to work, not pay whilst you were off. I'm hoping grandparents will help look after him so vouchers not worth much to me.

We're having chicken in red wine sauce with potatoes and veg. Mmmmm.

No snow here either, for once!!!

We're having Shepherds Pie :thumbup: Feeling better after my sleep.

No snow here either! :flower:

Mmmm fish pie, i made fish pie a few days ago with proper from scratch bechemal sauce omnomnom.

Oh and last time I did shepherds pie I used half spud half swede on top it was yummy!

hi all.we have been naughty and just ordered a pizza jut but if you spend over £30 you can get it half price so got everything for £16 so thats ok.
Online shopping 2moro i think
Hope chuck and nic are feeling better.
Caleb didnt really bother after his jabs and was fine through the night. I am shocked because he is more awake in the day and is kicking his legs and making funny noises. Only trouble is he gets excited and brings up bits of milk or water but he doesnt bother with crying. I thought he was tired the other day so put his mobile on and he decide he wanted to kick about and then brought up all his bottle.
I think we are going into town 2moro see if i can resist from buying from mothercare or primark.
My kidney scan went fine he just said my blood pressure could be linked to the protien.
Hope everyone is ok xx

Primark has lots of baby boys tops etc and outfits reduced to 50p,£1 and £3.00 :rofl: I got a couple of cute tops with cute slogans on them for 50p each :)

Wel Matthew going to sleep earlier...he woke 5mins later just as i went to get dinner. So still havnt ate any yet. Having baby potatoes, peas and aberdeen angus steak (yummmy!) Going to go grab it now as he has FINALLY drifted off to sleep (he needs it) Think he just having a bad windy filled grumpy day! Which of course means I have got nothing done as I end up sitting on here with him in my arms or in front of the tv because he hates baby carriers! So my arms and neck are aching! :haha:

Glad your feeling better Nic!

Ohhh pizza hut...yummy!! xx

mmm pizza, if we buy pizza we get it from asda and create our own their stonebake bases are yummy.

BUT if I'm feeling extravagant I'll make pizza dough..I have to be in the mood for all that kneading!

Glad your scan went well Pink!

Wow so much chat today I can't keep up!! I'm planning on going back to work in September a few weeks after my maternity pay stops. I only work in a poxy supermarket but I can't afford not to work.

I settled Skyla down at 8 tonight she cried a little bit more today than last night. It wasn't full out distressed cying more like, "Hey where are you??" sort of crying-still difficult but I held her hand again and shhhed her. Then my 9 year old started having a major hissy fit and shouting at the top of his voice on purpose but it didn't disturb her. So fingers crossed for the rest of the night!

I keep feeling tearful,anxious and a bit useless..I'm wondering about PND? Maybe its just because my OH works away during the week :shrug:

Wow so much chat today I can't keep up!! I'm planning on going back to work in September a few weeks after my maternity pay stops. I only work in a poxy supermarket but I can't afford not to work.

I settled Skyla down at 8 tonight she cried a little bit more today than last night. It wasn't full out distressed cying more like, "Hey where are you??" sort of crying-still difficult but I held her hand again and shhhed her. Then my 9 year old started having a major hissy fit and shouting at the top of his voice on purpose but it didn't disturb her. So fingers crossed for the rest of the night!

I keep feeling tearful,anxious and a bit useless..I'm wondering about PND? Maybe its just because my OH works away during the week :shrug:
Awww firstly good luck with Skyla tonight. I bet she'll be a treasure. :kiss:

I don't think it can be easy looking after the children and Skyla on your own hun. But probably is worth a chat to the HV or doc about PND. Needs to be nipped in the bud if that's what it is. :hugs::hugs:

I wonder where the other December Stars are? There was loads of us and now we're just a little bunch. :flower:

inxsmhpy, I agree it cant be easy looking after the kids on your own but its worth bringing it up with your HV just in case :hugs::hugs:

Nic, Yeah I wonder where everyone is? maybe alot of people know dont were here?

Boomerslady is about on the forum she was a star wasnt she how about lovebunny?

yeah there are a few about who should come over. wonder if a thread in baby club might let them know we're here?

Thread done so we might get some more visitors!!

I was a december star but turned into a january garnet :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"