*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

We went out to meet up with a friend today and we went without the pushchair!

I was a good girl and walked there and back with Dewi in the close parent carrier we bought yesterday...its pure awesome. Comfy and he felt really secure, he slept nearly the whole time I was walking and when we stopped he was easy to get in and out.

I turned him around in it so he was facing out when we got home adn he loved it he was upright and able to see what was going on he was loving every minute.

But he's got his grump on now and has fallen asleep - I dont want him sleeping now as he wont sleep great tonight but I cant force him to stay awake without crying!

Charlie - I am a firm believer in if they sleep well during the day, they sleep better at night. Maybe it will be easier if he does have daytime naps. Last night was our best night yet and Noah had several 30 minute power naps on Tuesday day. Glad you got on well with the carrier!!

it was brill, so nice not to have to push the buggy...as much as i love my icandy it was nice without it!

i agree, Ava's always been a good daytime sleeper and an awesome nigthtime sleeper, she has been doing 12-7/8 since she wa like 2 weeks or soemthing, and recently started putting her down at 8/9 and shes only woken at 12 as normal.

this spray sounds good will go to chemist in village 2m-its lloyds ans shes still v bunged up and snotty.

got babymassage2m, think ill just watch cos the room is cold andshe didnt like it last week but liked it at home after her bath. so will just watch to learn!

Charlie, I agree Emilie sleeps well in the day & sleeps great at night, Im glad you had a good day :flower:

Honestly the spray is fab, and Noah thinks it is greatly amusing. :haha: I reckon you'll be surprised at just how much snot there is up there :haha:

I had to go to the really big tesco extra to get my hamper thing, it was just on the shelf next to the pampers nappies, priced at something stupid like £30 but says all over the box "free with baby and toddler club voucher".

Chuck - hope Dewi slept ok, I was worrying about Jake sleeping night before last as he'd slept lots during the day, but he did 6 hours, feed, then another 3.5 :happydance:
Glad he liked the carrier, I've still not tried the babasling that I bought, maybe I will at the weekend.

Purple - hope the spray works for Ava and she's feeling better soon.

Jaydee, it was the big tesco I went to :haha: it was prob a new thing than so I will try again :D whats in it?

None of our tesco's here have the baby gift set thing you get free for being a member of baby and toddler club but they do give us hundreds of vouchers which makes nappies and wipes soooo cheap or literally free!

Matthew's napping now. He hasnt been great since his injections and didnt even have much bottle yesterday every feed he was only taking 2.5-3oz which is so unlike him. He was very grumpy all day. Hoping today will be better lol he's had his full usual feeds so far! Unless it was him getting used to the gavison im not sure.

Matthew hates baby carriers :( But i love his buggy and pram anyway so dont mind too much though it would be nice to put him in a carrier in the mornings so i could make breakfast etc

Might have to try the spray as well Matthew's still quite snuffly and bunged up as well.

Going to go grab some toast here lol Still havnt had any breakfast! Though we had great fun this morning. I got washed while matthew was in his bouncer then put a sponge bath support on the bottom of the bath and set him on it and washed him with the shower head turned down low :rofl: he loved it and it was so much quicker than a bath! Using oil stuff on his head at night for bit of cradle cap so having to wash his hair every morning and means dont have to top and tail every morning and wash his hair can just do him in the bath with the shower lol after i've had a shower/bath etc

Lorna - it's a little box, like the purple johnsons one but smaller. Can't remember everything that was in it, but I think there was a mini pack of baby wipes, some hair conditioning treatments, a sample of max factor something and a mascara (would be a good gift if it wasn't blue lol), a size 1 pampers nappy and vouchers for pampers nappies, wipes, max factor and some shampoo or other. As you can tell, some of the gifts are for mum rather than baby, although I've not used any of them I think it's quite a nice idea. If you buy all the things I think they are worth about £15.

I'm hoping the sleep during the day means sleep on the night as well as Jake's only been awake for about 2 hours today!

Sweetlulaby, Im sorry Matthew is still alittle off :hugs: Im glad he liked the shower :D

Jaydee, Well sounds good Im not keen on pampers but Ill go for the rest :haha:

Oh great just noticed its snowing Im sick of snow :growlmad: :cold:

i have just got in from shopping and its snowing here and appaently we are supposed to get it bad tonight great.
I keep forgeting not to overload the shopping tray on pushchair, reason being i live on middle floor in 3 floor flats and i have to bump it up 2 lots of stairs but i manged.
I am doing homemade shepards pie today, potatoes are done just hope caleb has a feed soon so i can start the rest ready for when oh gets up.
Has any one used gripe water i got some today and wondered if it was any good?
Sainsburys have 1/3 baby stuff again.
Hope evryone any little ones are okxx

Charlie - I am a firm believer in if they sleep well during the day, they sleep better at night. Maybe it will be easier if he does have daytime naps. Last night was our best night yet and Noah had several 30 minute power naps on Tuesday day. Glad you got on well with the carrier!!

i agree with you, amber always slept better having naps in the day, she hardly does now, sometimes doesnt sleep well, if i can get time to settle her for a nap, night usually goes better.

No snow here, we're just on the edge of where it's meant to get to before it goes out to sea again so we'll see what happens overnight/tomorrow...

wow i have given caleb gripe water and normally he doesnt not let us put him down because the wind is hurting him but he is actually asleep and it is nice to know that he isnt in painx
snow is sticking please go away, oh is off to work at 10 and hopefully buses are still running on time xx

Snowing here!!

I asked the HV today, if it was OK that Noah is sleeping 10-11 hours at night and she said so long as he feed regularly during the day and is putting on weight it's not a prob. he only does 2-2.5 hours during the day so is getting enough! Was thinking I should wake him, but she said not to bother. Going to have him weighed tomorrow and I bet he's over 12lb!1 :happydance:

Faye, :happydance: on the gripe water I hope it carries on working :flower:

we have about 3/4 inches of snow & its still coming down :dohh:

No snow here yet!!

Our street and the surrounding streets had a bloody power-cut yesterday of 8hours!!!! 1.45pm-9.45pm what a nightmare! It was just lucky I had made up some bottles for Skyla and I breast feed her too.

Skyla has got an infected sore patch on her neck so we've been to the doctors today. He gave us some ointment to put on it 3 times a day. I honestly don't understand how it got sore there as I'm always sooooo careful when it comes to drying her :shrug:

Anyways hope everyone is well :hugs:

No snow here yet!!

Our street and the surrounding streets had a bloody power-cut yesterday of 8hours!!!! 1.45pm-9.45pm what a nightmare! It was just lucky I had made up some bottles for Skyla and I breast feed her too.

Skyla has got an infected sore patch on her neck so we've been to the doctors today. He gave us some ointment to put on it 3 times a day. I honestly don't understand how it got sore there as I'm always sooooo careful when it comes to drying her :shrug:

Anyways hope everyone is well :hugs:

Nightmare!! 8 Hours is a blooming loooong time! Poor Skyla!! ould it be dripped milk? Sometimes I look under Noahs chin and there is allsorts collected there :haha:

Bless her, sure she'll be right as rain in a day or so :hugs:

Nic,good luck with noahs weigh in today.lana hasnt quite hit 12lbs but only 3oz away.she has also grown two inches in 6 weeks.no wonder I cant find any sleepsuits that fit her!!
Pink,glad the gripe water worked so quick for you.we are still struggling with wind and thats with gripe water and infacol!!
Does anyone know where I can get colief from?gona try that next!!

What are everyones plans for the weekend?anyone doing anything special? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"