*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

I was just wondering what they were actually measuring?i know one of them is something like the pressure when 'pumping',is the other the pressure between pumps?lol,does that make sense?!

Aly, I dont really understand BP either I ask them if its ok & it always has been according to them

How is everyone?

No more snow here even though it forcast heavy snow yesterday & today :wacko: I hope it stays this way

Morrrrning! Emilie's hair's so cute Lorna :)

Bloody Met Office never get it right do they! :winkwink:

What's everyone got planned today? I have to go to the library and gym and tell them my cards are missing - I lost my purse in superdrug on sunday, boo hooooo. God knows how long I'll have to wait for my new bank cards to arrive etc.

(Blood pressure -the top number is the pressure exerted on the veins when the heart contracts and the bottom number is the pressure exerted on the veins when the heart releases.)

Morning all.

No plans today, except I want to go to a supermarket at some point to get a few things.

My BP was 120/80 at 6 week check (I think this was probably a bit higher than normal as Jake was screaming in the waiting room so I was trying to calm him down), which he said was good - I have no idea what a good number is other than you don't want the bottom one to be over 90 when you're pregnant. 120/80 is the same as I was in late pregnancy, earlier it was 110/56.

Hope the babies slept ok last night - Jake did 6 hours, then awake for a feed and about 15 minutes after (just kicking away in his cot), then asleep for another 3, waking up about when DH's alarm went off. If he could do that every day I'd be a very happy mummy.

I was just wondering what they were actually measuring?i know one of them is something like the pressure when 'pumping',is the other the pressure between pumps?lol,does that make sense?!

Yep, got it in one.

The higher, systolic, number measures the pressure while the heart contracts to pump blood to the body while the lower, diastolic, number is the one measuring the pressure when the heart relaxes between pumps.

Basically, the lower it is without actually being low... the healthier your heart is. So, if anything under 90/60 can be considered low then 90/60 itself is the ideal. :thumbup:

Well after the super grumps Dewi had a feeds at 9, 2 and 6....he actually went 9 till 2!!!!!!

BUT the little shit was full of beans from that feed till 3:30...and loud and busy!! He was cooing, gurgling shouting at the top of his loungs and thrashing about!!

I really need to stop him sleeping in the evening...but how without having him screaming coz he's pissed off?

hey everyone, quickly typing this from my mums laptop. my internet is bust :( so at the minute only able to get on once every now and then using mums dongle thingy which is rubbish lol until its sorted. just in case anyone was wondering where we've dissapeared to lol hopefully it'll get sorted soon im suffering internet withdrawal symptons :rofl:

Hope everyone and LO's are ok !! xxx

morning all!

Today we're maybe going to a friends house, but i need to strip wash all my nappies again so i think ill end up staying in cos it seems like its gonna take a few washes and stuff i dont wanna put them in then go out for the afternoon and come back to half done-soaking wet nappies! So will prob stay in and possibly go for a walk across the field with ava in the moby just to get some air. theres a little river and ive never walked over there.

For some reason ava woke up at 5 :wacko: not seen that hour of the day since she was just first born! maybe i need to give her 6oz now,

For some reason ava woke up at 5 :wacko: not seen that hour of the day since she was just first born! maybe i need to give her 6oz now,

Shuddup you...stop rubbing it in.

I think all you bloomin cows with babies that sleep through should be banned form speaking about it! lol

Being awake from 2 till half 3 is tiring...shame but it isnt even all that unusual either.

Sorry to hear about your purse Elski...annoying isnt it losing a purse?

Oh dont get me wrong, SHE sleeps brilliantly, ME on the other hand am sometimes still awake at 3 am!! I just lie there and cant sleep. Often im thinking about her birth and the hospital tbh. So altho she is sleeping well im not. I fell asleep about 1 last night then was woken at 5 and then half 9. so im always sleepy!

Sweetlullaby, thats crap on the net, I hope you get it sorted soon :hugs:

Elizabeth, they never do get it right do they? :haha: How are you?

Charlie, 9 - 2 is great :D sorry he was full of beans for that hour though :hugs:

Claire, How are you doing? Sorry Ava was awake at 5 try her on 6 see how she goes :flower:

5oz generally, but he often doesnt finish them, he sometimes leaves a good oz or 2 in the bottle, hence why he wont sleep for long the little bugger.

I just cant get more formula into him to make him sleep, it seems he prefers snacking.

Oh yes, Morning! :lol:

Molly has decided she lies to stay up late, playing, now and bedtime is only at 11 :lol: so we had 11-2, 2:30-6 and then 6:30-9 so, not brilliant, but not terrible.

Today is a wander into town, picking up a Bumbo and playtray later (eeeee, excited!!!) and waiting in for Tesco this evening. Also ordered a custom babyhawk mei tai from the website. It will take about 3/4 weeks to make and ship over which is a shame but very excited about it, it's lovely!

PD, have you spoken to anyone properly about the birth yet? It does sound like a touch of PTSD, which is understandable, but it seems a shame for you to dwell on things if there's a way to feel more positively. :hugs:

No ive not yet, The GP gave me the number to ring to organise talking about my notes and going thru them all, but im just not sure what to say so ive not called?

I dont really think about it when im busy hence why when i try to sleep its flooding my brain :wacko: Ive got a doctor appt a week today so will see then and tell GP. maybe she can call for me.

We have a bumbo, But she kinda still flops in it haha, So not quite ready for it altho her head control is looking much better these days so maybe in a couple weeks she will be able to go in it.

Ive changed my mind im going to my friends and the stinky nappies can wait :rofl:

Claire, Emilie drinks between 6/7 oz although its usually nearer to 7 some days she drinks 6 & a half, I hope the Dr sorts something out for you next week :hugs: Have fun at your friends :flower:

Hmm, I wouldn't hold out too much hope that the doctor can tell you very much. Generally, they're too busy and self important to realise that giving birth and the complications that can arise carry some very deep rooted emotional issues that take a lot of time and effort to heal. Perhaps, it could be worth some form of counselling if you get no joy.

That said, I really think laying awake and worrying is a woman thing. OH is gone as soon as his head hits the pillow and I've always been one for tossing and turning with things on my mind. I've heard mannnny many women say the same.

Molly's head control is very good but not sure about the bumbo yet, we'll see when she gets it. If not, I might just try her in it once a day to see if it helps her.

I always wonder how many oz Molly must be taking. I can express about 6oz in 10 mins and she feeds for 15 usually and BFing they're supposed to get more out... eep!

:happydance: :happydance: they fixed my net connection :happydance: Dunno what it was but got a new ip address only took 15mins to fix!

Matthew takes 5oz every 2.5-3 hours once in a blue moon he goes 4 hours then from 7pm on its snack snack snack til around midnight then he'll sleep through til 8am though last night he had another 5oz at 5am.

Going to solicitors this afternoon to give them signed forms confirming details on car accident, matthew's birth certificate and into shopping centre and have to hand a form in for housing :wacko: i really hope i dont have to wait for too long!

Awwwww a custom made mei-tai lovely!!!

Matthew likes his bumbo but i only have him in it for 5mins or so a day because he likes to stare up at the ceiling and i dont think its too good for the back of his neck though if you sit infront of him he'll look at you rather than the ceiling!

Ohhh i've bought a few more toys for Matthew...links :thumbup: they are fab and he loves grabbing them and clinging onto them and shaking them about or shoving them in his mouth :rofl: and vtech learning cow (my favourite) its on offer in tesco's for £6.00 ish and have the bear as well but its soooo cute and Mathhew loves hitting it and smiles at it all the time! it does 1,2,3 a,b,c square, triangle,circle, blue, green, red and sun and stars at night, lights up flashing lights, rhymes, moo's, and says hug me when you dont hit the buttons for a while then says bye bye and turns itself off so battery saving as well! its from 3 months plus. i think i like it more than him :rofl:

anyone else have any favourite toys yet?

Matthew's still in most of his 0-3 month clothes though a few outfits and vests are a bit snug some are still massive on him!:wacko: and he's a big baby lol

Chuck :hugs: I hope Dewi starts sleeping better soon. Your HV sounds a bit rubbish. Maybe try the doctors? xx

Sweetlullaby, :happydance: on a fixed connection :D

Fav toys, hm Emilie loves them all, she has lots I dont think were need to buy anymore for a while :haha:

Femme - I always wonder how much Jake's getting when I'm BF as well. DH did some random maths and worked out he should want 3-4oz per feed but when I tried giving him a bottle of expressed milk he yummed the 3.5oz I managed to get in 20mins pumping (didn't think that was bad for a first attempt, hopefully I'll get more as time goes on) in about 5 minutes and cried for more, so had a further 10 mins BF.

Lullaby - glad you got your internet sorted, I think I'd be a bit lost without it when I'm at home all day with Jake, think I'd have had to go out to amuse myself :)
Don't think he has any favourite toys yet, he does seem to like the activity elephant that he's got, but not sure if that's just cos DH likes it so plays with him with it at every opportunity!

Chuck - yey for Dewi sleeping a bit longer. I think filling him up before you put him down would help if you could get him to take it. Jake decided he wanted a monster feed just before bed last night but then slept for about 6 hours, think he probably would have gone longer if DH hadn't picked him up rather than let him put himself back to sleep.

PD - I think Femme's right, not being able to switch your brain off is something we all suffer from occassionally. Hope it gets better for you soon and if you decide to call whoever it is they can help a bit.

We've just been for a walk and Jake's still asleep in his car seat on the psuhchair wheels still in his warm suit thing, he looks really cute and peaceful, just waiting for the scream!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->