*~Dec Stars 09 Chat Thread~*

shes in her moses basket, we tried her in her cot but she was having none of that grr :( xx

Babies are funny aren't they? Jake sleeps much better in his cot than his crib, I think it's cos he can see out of the sides, he's soooo nosey. I was expecting that he'd have too much space in his cot, sure I'd heard that babies like small beds to start with cos they feel safer in them, not the case with mine!

Sorry you're still feeling rubbish Femme, hope you feel better soon.

Claire - hope you enjoyed baby club. Don't think we have one here, just toddler group which I think he's a bit young for yet. I've put my name down for baby massage, well I asked the HV to on my behalf, not heard anything though, so wonder if I ever will....

Saw one of the mums from my NCT class in town today, her baby is sooo much bigger than Jake, you'd think he was about 3 months older rather than the 10 days or so there actually is. She's arranging a reunion for us all next month, it'll be nice to see all the babies.

Jake's been asleep most of the day, thinking I should try and wake him up soon otherwise he'll be wide awake at bedtime.

Jaydee that'll be nice to have a reunion! Ive already had one with my class at one of the other girls house. Think someone else is organising another in a few weeks or something. I see one of them quite often and another ive seen once aswell.

Babygroup was alright, Ava fell asleep as usual, and Tabitha was being mother hen to ava again, haha, gives her the dummy and rocks her carseat when she cries. its so cute!

I had to drive thru TWO FLOODS on the roads back from tesco. i went a different way to avoid the large puddles i had to go thru there, only to be met by EVEN BIGGER ones on the other road home. There was men trying to pump the water away and we had to all go 1 at a time it was actually pretty scary to drive thru. All the big lorries that drive from stirling to Perth were being re-directed thru my village so the car is now covered in lovely muddy water that came of their gigantic wheels!

I go to tesco to get some formula. and i come out with 8 t-shirts, 2 dresses, 2 sleepsuits, 2 choc bars, cheesestrings, food for dinner, a sippy cup i couldnt resist haha a book for ava, a mothers day thing for my mum, and another for my sister to give her, and im sure there was something else. that shop just eats up my money!

Jaydee, a reunion will be great :D I remember when I was on the ward ( well the room kind of thing) I always felt alitte out of place because it was full of tiny babies that were 6Ib something & there was Emilie 10Ibs 8 :haha:

Claire, Nightmare on the puddles, what sort of sippy cup did you get?

ladies ive just taken lilly on a 45 min walk and shes still not asleep! its driving me insane, i dont know what else to do shes got her self sooo overtires, ive even tried putting her in her rocker and sitting her infront of the washer ahhhh :(
she wont stop crying :( her colic went a few days ago and shes bringing wind up fine now, the only worry is tht shes gone from being really constipated to have really loose nappies, ahhh :(

Emma why not try a warm bath? or putting her in a sling?
Ava was crying from being tired too but not sleeping in her swing so shes in the moby now and ive managed to clean the kitchen and living room with her on, and shes sleeepies now.

Its just a plain ols sippy cup, she wont need it for ages but its cow print so i had to get it. :D

Sometimes its good to buy in advance :D Ive seen the cups there very cute :flower:

I do this to get Molly to sleep, never fails:

I swaddle her (she fights it but needs it to sleep sometimes), stand up with her in cradle position, pop music tv on (for my benefit :lol:) and rock her side to side at a decent pace whilst bouncing from my knees and patting her on the bum.

It's really weird to see... I watched OH doing it and it made me laugh but really, I have no idea how else I'd get her to sleep sometimes. In her sling/mei tai she's just too nosy. :lol:

I bought a new TV! Excited. I did it to cheer OH up really, he's not had much sleep lately and work is tiring. Have also ordered Sky HD and pre-ordered some game he's after. It's like his birthday... I'd better be getting an amazing mother's day present! :haha: Not like I benefit from the TV or anything... :D

i bought a sippy cup too it was only 98p a tommee tippe one when sainsburs had 1/3 off i even bough some porridge for later on wasnt sure when there next sail was.
The months are flying by.
I have no idea what to buy my mom for mothers day might go into town sunday when oh is sleeping.
Have got to get up earlier 2moro which i dont like idea of. oh finishes work at 8 and works at morrisons so said we could do big shop as its payday 2moro. so will get up at 6.30 feed change caleb, put him in baby carrier, walk to bank to get taxi money then book a taxi.
I feel so tied today and i dont know why. its horrible.
Hope evryone is ok xx

Im tired today too pink :(

I do a similar rocking patting bum thing with Ava sometimes, it always works! I dont swaddle her tho she would fight to the death to get out of that! haha!

I want a mothers day preasent :(

TV sounds ace!

Im not getting my mum a massive mothers day gift, just a few little things. Her 50th is the next week and im organising a party and getting a cake which alone costs about 70quid! plus a birthday gift, so thats enough for one month!

What is it about Mums being born round mother's day?? My mum's birthday is the week after, too. Always pricey.

Maybe your mum will think to get you a little something from Ava? I'm sure you'll get lots of lovely smiles and hugs either way :D I'll no doubt be shouted at and punched in the boob :lol:

Faye & Claire, sorry your both tired :hugs:

Claire, your mum may get you something from Ava for mothers day :flower:

my mum wants a lava lamp for mothers day :haha:

What is it about Mums being born round mother's day?? My mum's birthday is the week after, too. Always pricey.

Maybe your mum will think to get you a little something from Ava? I'm sure you'll get lots of lovely smiles and hugs either way :D I'll no doubt be shouted at and punched in the boob :lol:

ah ha that is weird?

maybe she will. who knows.

ahaha, Ava is sitting on my knee, upright-she was windy and moaning, Just reached forward and im stretching to the laptop, just looked down at her, (still balanced sitting upright,) and shes sleeping!LOL, it looks so funny ahaha

ah ha that is weird?

maybe she will. who knows.

ahaha, Ava is sitting on my knee, upright-she was windy and moaning, Just reached forward and im stretching to the laptop, just looked down at her, (still balanced sitting upright,) and shes sleeping!LOL, it looks so funny ahaha

hello!!

Glad you got your Mei Tai Leanne, I have seen some beautiful ones!
Emma - I used to have to do the same as Femme and rock and pat to get Noah to sleep. Now he settles himself off by chattering so much he tires himself out :haha:

Claire - When i was a single mummy, my mum always got me something for Mothers Day.. In the end it got silly cos we were buying each other something so decided to treat ourselves to a nice meal out!!
I am hoping OH will remember :haha:

Sorry if I missed anyone I can never remember :haha:

Had a much better day today! Noah been nicer and James has behaved. :flower:

SHES ASLEEP IN HER COT!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just as i was losing the will to live lol
she hasnt slept since 6am this morning, i liuterally tried everything, shes had 3 bloody baths today, the third one she gave in lol
ahhh i really hope she has a long sleep, ive never ever seen her like that before, could have really done with marks help the lil s**t!
ahhhh peace n quiet at last ... for now!
how are you all? xx

Hey everyone :hugs: to all the tired/ill mummies. I'm full of cold too-not surprised though seen as a certain little lady kept sneezing right in my face when she came down with her cold! She had a really restless night last night because of it too bless her, it felt like having a newborn again. I can only hope we get back to some sort of routine when she's well again.

Think I'd better get to bed incase I'm up all night again :hugs:everyone x x

YAY Emma!! It's fantastic when they surprise you like that isn't it? Hope she sleeps well for you x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->