• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

December 2012 babies!

I'm just back from having my first beta, and now I've got to wait until 6pm tomorrow to get my results. It's like a cruel form of torture!!! :dohh:

ok sorry for the ignorance this is my 3rd pg n never heard of beta!

:hi: starlight, quisty, buster, tara & lala.

Congratulations on your pregancy. Cant wait to chat/laugh with/cry with(ruddy hormones lol) you all as we go through each passing day/month/trimester.

:hugs:

I'm just back from having my first beta, and now I've got to wait until 6pm tomorrow to get my results. It's like a cruel form of torture!!! :dohh:

ok sorry for the ignorance this is my 3rd pg n never heard of beta!

Hi hun,

Its the tests that measure the HCG level in your blood. Called betas because its a series of tests i think. :)

Well today i am soooooo tired and i am getting some twingy pains. Not painful but enough to notice. I cannot wait to my 7 week scan so i can finally relax and enjoy beign pregnant. :)

Thks Wendy! - thats not something i'v ever been offered - maybe not done in Ireland, as a matter of fact gp's dont even want to see u until 8 wks and then u get a hosp app at 16wks, of course this is all with a healthy pregnancy

Thks Wendy! - thats something i'v ever been offered - maybe not done in Ireland, as a matter of fact gp's dont even want to see u until 8 wks and then u het a hosp app at 16wks, of course this is all with a healthy pregnancy

GP's here dont offer the blood tests routinely either. In Scotland you get a 12/13 week scan and then depending on the hospital a 20 weeks scan. I have to let my GP know so that i can get referred to a MW/hospital and get the paperwork done for the free dentistry etc. I will get a 7 week scan at the early pregnancy dept because of the ectopic and the CP's. Just as well as i would be in a straight jacket if i had to wait 12/13 weeks.

x

have to say this time round i wouldnt mind an early scan either, might talk to my gp and let her know had a cp also n see if she can organise scan.

Thks Wendy! - thats not something i'v ever been offered - maybe not done in Ireland, as a matter of fact gp's dont even want to see u until 8 wks and then u get a hosp app at 16wks, of course this is all with a healthy pregnancy

I think I have to do it because I've just been through an IVF cycle. I guess they need to have the scientific evidence that what they've done has worked or not. :shrug:

have to say this time round i wouldnt mind an early scan either, might talk to my gp and let her know had a cp also n see if she can organise scan.

Its well worth asking about hun. They must have a service somewhere for people that have had MC's etc. I hope she manages to organise one for you hun.

x

I think I have to do it because I've just been through an IVF cycle. I guess they need to have the scientific evidence that what they've done has worked or not. :shrug:

They will probably want to keep an eye on you as well i'd imagine. I would love a set of betas done for peace of mind. When do you get your next lot of blood drawn? Do they wait 48hrs from your result or 48hrs from when they drew the last lot?

The pain across my bikini line is not getting stronger. No constant but defiantely sorer than earlier. think i will go and lie down for a bit. :hi:

They will probably want to keep an eye on you as well i'd imagine. I would love a set of betas done for peace of mind. When do you get your next lot of blood drawn? Do they wait 48hrs from your result or 48hrs from when they drew the last lot?

I have no idea. I have to get these results first, then call my clinic (which is in another city) and then I assume they'll tell me what to do next. I find it bizarre that they make you wait so long before testing as well, though I'm sure they've got they're reasons.

Hope your lie down helped. Always good to listen to your body. :flower:

Hi ladies, I'm due Nov 28th or Dec 1st :shrug: depends on which doctor you ask:winkwink:

Hope you don't mind if I join in, I've been kind of fluttering about in the pregnancy forums because it still seems unreal.

I'm not having a scan until I'm 13 weeks:nope: it seems so far away right now and my midwife appt isn't until May either but my regular gp is seeing me until I go to the clinic:wacko: I have a 15 DD and 14 DS but I had them in canada which things are totally different there, I sometimes feel like I'm on a different planet trying to figure out how things are done here:nope:

Hi ladies, I'm due Nov 28th or Dec 1st :shrug: depends on which doctor you ask:winkwink:

Hope you don't mind if I join in, I've been kind of fluttering about in the pregnancy forums because it still seems unreal.

I'm not having a scan until I'm 13 weeks:nope: it seems so far away right now and my midwife appt isn't until May either but my regular gp is seeing me until I go to the clinic:wacko: I have a 15 DD and 14 DS but I had them in canada which things are totally different there, I sometimes feel like I'm on a different planet trying to figure out how things are done here:nope:

Hi Crystal :hi:

I know what you mean about it all seeming so unreal. Its really hard to work things out here as well. It all depends where you stay and what hospital you would be going to as to how many scans you get and when they see you. I didnt get offered a 20 week scan last time so i went private. If i stayed 2 miles up the road i would have been offered one. Its so frustrating. Sometimes i wonder why i am still sane. With all the ttc and waiting on that BFP, then hoping for a sticky and now waiting on a scan and then it will be the wait until the 12/13 week scan.

Hope you are keeping well.

:hugs:

Hi lovely ladies...
How are we all doing? I'm 8wks today and for the first time I get a raspberry!!
I am suffering badly with morning sickness. Pretty much all day nausea, being sick 2-3 times a day. Absolutely knackered too. Having to eat every couple of hours and have put on 3lb already much to my disgust!! I have just had to let out the button on my work trousers too! My boobs are totally huge and hurt badly especially when they get cold!! I'm having trouble sleeping for some reason too. Otherwise ok!!
Still haven't managed to get my head round being pregnant and most of the time find it hard to be positive or excited about it.....its hard to be thrilled when you're throwing up or trying to keep lunch down!!!
How about you guys??

Oh toothfairy, you poor thing. I can imagine it's not easy to be positive when you feel like that.

:wave: Crystal.

Got my hCG beta result back from yesterday's test - 755 mIU/ml. Just waiting for the clinic to call me now so that I can tell them and I can find out what happens next.

I think 755 sounds pretty good for just over 4 wks?? In hope all's well for you?
The thing that helps me keep going is knowing that every sick day is another crossed off the list!!! X

Just got my call and they're happy with the results, no need for another one. Now I'm to make an appointment for a scan in two weeks time. But it's never easy. My RE is the one who does the scans. He gets back from holiday the day before I head off on holiday for 3 weeks and doesn't attend at the clinic until half an hour before my flight which is obviously not going to work out. So the midwife is going to talk to him about it and will call me back tomorrow to see what he suggests. It's never simple with me! :blush:

Chemical pregnancy for me unfortunately. Started bleeding today :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->